FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:35 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have just arrived from the beautiful Grand Hyatt and the downgrade is incredible and the price is quite a bit more for basic room as I get upgrded to club at both.
the sandstone is all dirty it needs a good steam clean,even the foyer cement and sandstone has largs black spots all over really needs a clean there!!!!
I asked for water and they only sell in bottles unusual for bali as you cannot drink the water.
the Diamond upgrade is ok nice view small room only one cake of soap asked for 4 champagne glasses and there is a charge of 25k rup, not a lot but what the hell?? asked for ice got a small bucket of ice for 3 mixer drinks.
the beach is very dirty with seaweed, also virtually cannot go in the water cause of it, but they had 4 poor men in the heat of midday sun digging holes scraping the seaweed up and burying it. dont they understand that the next tide will drag the seaweed out of the holes and back its like flogging a dead horse.

what idiot told them to do that!!! they could take the seaweed and put in on the gardens which need water and mulch as they arent fabulous.
the breakfast as everyone has said is fantastic, the club is very spartan and the food disappears as quickly as it appears.its very unwelcoming looking and basic, not like the club at the GHBALI.
and yes its far from everything and the drinks are an outrageous price for very small drinks eg margarita 18k rup++ for a small martini glass compared to a large glass at the GH for about 12k.
the monkeys scour the rooms so you cannot leave anything out and cannot leave the doors open at night so have to be in aircon at night. I could be anywhere in the world.
I wont be back
Your report is a bit unclear.

I’d be pretty happy to pay 18,000++ IDR for a Margarita. Perhaps you need to add a zero to the price? I’ve never had a major chain hotel refuse to bring more free standard bottled water to the room. Never paid for ice or glasses.

We never had problems with the monkeys, but had an ocean facing room.