Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
Hands down, Conrad. However, if you stay in the villas at Hilton, it is awesome - at least pre-Covid.
Thanks for the input. Was debating between these two resorts myself and Conrad obviously being the more elevated of the two. Maybe we'll stay 3-4 days at both for the full experience, but man I'm not sure you can beat that 2 bedroom pool villa at the Bali Hilton, it looks amazing and would be perfect with my two boys. I think the Conrad might be nice if it was just my wife and I unless we upgraded to the Penthouse suite.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 10:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you spring for the villas at the Hilton, it should be a fine experience as another poster said. Outside of villas (e.g. regular rooms / suites) I also think the Conrad would be the better choice, but as always YMMV.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Has anyone stayed at the 1-bedroom villas at both the Hilton and Conrad. If so, can you contrast the two?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by demue
If you spring for the villas at the Hilton, it should be a fine experience as another poster said. Outside of villas (e.g. regular rooms / suites) I also think the Conrad would be the better choice, but as always YMMV.
Originally Posted by bamboola
Hands down, Conrad. However, if you stay in the villas at Hilton, it is awesome - at least pre-Covid.
@demue & @bamboola (and anyone else who wants to chime in) What do you like about the Conrad over Hilton. I presently have a villa booked at each for the same period and need to cancel one - trying to decide which to keep. I am Diamond if that matters.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by robertablake
@demue & @bamboola (and anyone else who wants to chime in) What do you like about the Conrad over Hilton. I presently have a villa booked at each for the same period and need to cancel one - trying to decide which to keep. I am Diamond if that matters.
I have only stayed in a villa at the Hilton. The villa was roomy and had both an indoor and outdoor shower. It also had a roomy outdoor terrace and canopy.

We stayed at the Hilton pre-Covid, and there was a separate lounge within a short walking distance for villa guests. It served much better food and drinks than the Exec Lounge. We could go to the main restaurant for breakfast or order room service. The hotel encouraged us to order room service, and we could order everything off the menu if we wanted.

As for the Conrad, we have not stayed in a villa. We toured it and decided it was too small. The villa didn't even have a desk; we would have had to work on the laptop while sitting in bed. We always stay in one of the Conrad Suites. Next month, we will check out one of the Ocean Front Suites with a plunge pool. You might consider this as an option over the tiny villa.

Enjoy! We are looking forward to Conrad's newly re-opened Exex Lounge and to EDS's newly expanded menu.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As bamboola said, the Hilton villa we saw (friends stayed there) was in better shape and more spacious/ useable than the one I have seen at Conrad. This was before Covid though. Hence, assuming cost would be similar and you'll spend a lot of time in the villa, it may make more sense to go with Hilton. Outside of the Hilton villas, the Conrad would be the better choice though I think, but tastes differ
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 10:21 pm

hilton is located off a cliff and its def more breezy than conrad!
the sea view rooms are nicer than conrad's
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:37 pm

Has anyone been in the King Garden View room? They'll be three of us traveling, 2 adults and 1 child (11 years old). The room description mentions a sofa bed, I was just wondering about the size of it and it'll work for an 11 year old. It's hard to tell from the pictures.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by hensleyrob
Has anyone been in the King Garden View room? They'll be three of us traveling, 2 adults and 1 child (11 years old). The room description mentions a sofa bed, I was just wondering about the size of it and it'll work for an 11 year old. It's hard to tell from the pictures.
I am in the same position with an 11 year old in tow. Looking to book for January. Would appreciate any input from your recent visit - or from anyone's family perspective.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
I can't comment about the specifics of an 11 year old but when I stayed earlier in the year there were a lot of kids and the pool area is very well set up for kids to enjoy the resort. Plus there is a beach essentially next to the pool area. Just to mention that this resort is quite a long distance from anywhere else (eg no small warung to walk to outside the gate) and we found it difficult to get Grab (no Uber in SE Asia). Plus there are a LOT of monkeys!!

Overall as per my longer post above I preferred the Hilton over the Conrad overall.

I'm not sure if the refurbished EL is now open. When we were there it was the villa lounge open only which was waaaaayy too small for all the people who were eligible.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Hilton Bali

Here for 5 nights on points as a Diamond. With the 5th night free, the average was around 35,000/ night. A good use of Hilton points, which I find difficult to use due to usual bad value.

We came over from the Intercontinental. I downloaded the Bluebird Taxi app and it worked great. About 110k idr.

check in was pleasant. We had been upgraded on the app about 3 days before to an ocean view king on the 11th floor of the cliff-side tower. This is a real and excellent upgrade. Nice big room. Nice big bathroom. Great view. Especially of the monkeys on our balcony! This building allows easy elevator access down to the pools or up and over to the restaurants. My wife said that she would prefer this room to a suite over in that area.

Breakfast is wonderful. Huge number of options. My wife started eating the Chinese soup each morning. Staff was helpful and nice. Tons of staff available.

The Shore pool-side venue has great pizza and sells beer in handy buckets of 3. Nice place.

The Balinese restaurant “Paon” (?) was very good. For lunch, they do a fun 3 small plates with rice thing. Nice to try all the options.

sadly, this brings us to the lounge. There is still only one, up and back by the suites. It is a great looking building, has great staff, and serves good cocktails from 5 to 7. However, by 5:30 it is overwhelmed. We left after watching people having to stand. Also, the food at happy hour was not much and not great. We only went the first night and have not been back for happy hour. The Shore works better for us. We did return for a couple of mid-day visits for cookies and soft drinks.

A regular that we chatted with said that they are working to re-open the other executive lounge.

The “vibe” here is very good- relaxing and casual and easy. We want to return, especially if/ when the executive lounge situation improves.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 9:22 am

the best thing this resort has is its old executive lounge that has a swimming pool right in front of it and gym below it. And the swimming pool is in upper floor so it offers an ocean view. This is the luxury even Kempinski next door can’t match. They should re-open it. Ver strange they close a wonderful facility. Other resorts don’t have this. But they close it when they have it.

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Hilton Bali

Here for 5 nights on points as a Diamond. With the 5th night free, the average was around 35,000/ night. A good use of Hilton points, which I find difficult to use due to usual bad value.

We came over from the Intercontinental. I downloaded the Bluebird Taxi app and it worked great. About 110k idr.

check in was pleasant. We had been upgraded on the app about 3 days before to an ocean view king on the 11th floor of the cliff-side tower. This is a real and excellent upgrade. Nice big room. Nice big bathroom. Great view. Especially of the monkeys on our balcony! This building allows easy elevator access down to the pools or up and over to the restaurants. My wife said that she would prefer this room to a suite over in that area.

Breakfast is wonderful. Huge number of options. My wife started eating the Chinese soup each morning. Staff was helpful and nice. Tons of staff available.

The Shore pool-side venue has great pizza and sells beer in handy buckets of 3. Nice place.

The Balinese restaurant “Paon” (?) was very good. For lunch, they do a fun 3 small plates with rice thing. Nice to try all the options.

sadly, this brings us to the lounge. There is still only one, up and back by the suites. It is a great looking building, has great staff, and serves good cocktails from 5 to 7. However, by 5:30 it is overwhelmed. We left after watching people having to stand. Also, the food at happy hour was not much and not great. We only went the first night and have not been back for happy hour. The Shore works better for us. We did return for a couple of mid-day visits for cookies and soft drinks.

A regular that we chatted with said that they are working to re-open the other executive lounge.

The “vibe” here is very good- relaxing and casual and easy. We want to return, especially if/ when the executive lounge situation improves.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
pretzlaff : great reading about your experiences ! Thanks for the write up
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:28 am

Any recent stays? I'm currently booked for 5 nights in a King Garden View for two adults and one 11 year old on points (200k total). We're considering switching to a King Pool Villa on cash, but not sure if it's worth it. Any opinions?

Last edited by hensleyrob; Apr 11, 2024 at 7:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.