Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The Hilton Bali provided one of my most disappointing stays at a Hilton group hotel. OK, better than a number of US properties, but ..
Please elaborate with specifics as to why you had a disappointing experience at the Hilton Bali. That would be quite useful to me.

I'm staying 5 nights at the Conrad Bali for sure. I was going to stay an additional 2 nights at the Hilton Bali, Sofitel Nusa Dua, or the Melia Bali. The benefit of the Hilton Bali is that I'm a Diamond member. So the VIP amenities/offerings is included without paying extra...
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Please elaborate with specifics as to why you had a disappointing experience at the Hilton Bali. That would be quite useful to me.

I'm staying 5 nights at the Conrad Bali for sure. I was going to stay an additional 2 nights at the Hilton Bali, Sofitel Nusa Dua, or the Melia Bali. The benefit of the Hilton Bali is that I'm a Diamond member. So the VIP amenities/offerings is included without paying extra...

Mainly because the "executive" rooms had only an impressive view going for them: apart from that, they were cheaply furnished and not so well equipped. Diamond benefits were not great. The lounge serves a a sparse, grim selection of canapes in the evening, and didn't open at all for breakfast. The general buffet breakfast is splendid - if you go before it becomes a zoo.

The beach doesn't impress. and the pool complex, like the rest of the hotel, seems over-crowded.

Finally, the place is pretty much isolated. Fine if you want to be divorced from Bali.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Have you tried reading his posts in this thread? He seems to detail his problems in an earlier post.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Sounds worrisome, going there tomorrow and App says pre-upgraded already to exec ocean view room. Maybe I should inquire sell-up to villa, according to bad reviews about exec rooms.

HGI at airport however is just fine for 5000p redemption. Okay pool area, massage service, gym...hotel is almost empty but no upgrade whatsoever as Diamond. I dont care though.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by FFlash
Sounds worrisome, going there tomorrow and App says pre-upgraded already to exec ocean view room. Maybe I should inquire sell-up to villa, according to bad reviews about exec rooms.

You'll be fine!

Hopefully my jaundiced ranting will have lowered any expectations you might have had, to the extent you are pleasantly surprised by the place
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You'll be fine!

Hopefully my jaundiced ranting will have lowered any expectations you might have had, to the extent you are pleasantly surprised by the place
So far I am! The beach is only disappointment, it is rather dirty frim the natural stuff. Not because of plastic pollution. And small gym.
massive pool area and extensive services (pricey though). Great spa treat quality, expensive.
breakfast remains to be seen tomorrow late morning.

upgraded from cheapest to cliff tower ocean view. I like it.
HHDiamond
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:38 am

So far I am! The beach is only disappointment, it is rather dirty frim the natural stuff. Not because of plastic pollution. And small gym.
massive pool area and extensive services (pricey though). Great spa treat quality, expensive.
breakfast remains to be seen tomorrow late morning.

upgraded from cheapest to cliff tower ocean view. I like it.
HHDiamond
I'm glad that you are enjoying your stay so far. I'm also Diamond and I'm torn between this hotel and the Melia Bali.

I'm curious to hear about your breakfast and executive lounge/pool experiences.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:10 am

The executive lounge food/drinks offering was rather slim but I liked the infinity pool and area design, exceptional it is.
breakfast was huge and amazing spread, quality also quite good, one of my best offeringwise. However, as it is a big hotel and lots of guests, the atmosphere is a bit busy but then, the seating areas are okay designed.

I felt in the end the hotel is too much resort, ”isolated from the culture” - full of foreigners on an isolated gated area. Very good for relaxing but I might reconsider spending much time there if want to interact/explore any slightest.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:45 am
Suspended

How are the rooms? When we stayed last year during the construction the whole hotel was a mess. The rooms were old and nasty. Said I would never go back.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:51 am

My room was no worse than in the hotel photos.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:17 am

The executive lounge food/drinks offering was rather slim but I liked the infinity pool and area design, exceptional it is.
breakfast was huge and amazing spread, quality also quite good, one of my best offeringwise. However, as it is a big hotel and lots of guests, the atmosphere is a bit busy but then, the seating areas are okay designed.

I felt in the end the hotel is too much resort, ”isolated from the culture” - full of foreigners on an isolated gated area. Very good for relaxing but I might reconsider spending much time there if want to interact/explore any slightest.
FFlash, how would you rate the overall service of the resort and treatment as a Diamond? I understand your isolated from culture statement. I just want to spend 2 days in Nusa Dua. I'm also going to spend 2 nights at the Rimba Jimbaran/Ayana and 5 nights at the Conrad Bali for my Bali travels. For other parts of Indonesia, I have a total of 6 nights in Labuan Bajo/Nusa Lembongan. Nusa Dua is mostly just 4 - 5 star resorts, but I'm there to experience the beach lol.

I was leaning towards the Hilton Bali over the Melia Bali since I have built-in elite perks as a Diamond. Two nights at the Hilton Bali will cost me about $250 with most likely a comp upgrade to an Executive room, free breakfast, lounge access, etc. I also have the Hilton Aspire card. For the same perks at the Melia Bali, it will be around $650. The Melia Bali is rated higher than the Hilton Bali on TripAdvisor. However, do you think the Hilton Bali will be more than fine for me since I'm staying only 2 nights?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:04 pm
Suspended

FFlash, how would you rate the overall service of the resort and treatment as a Diamond? I understand your isolated from culture statement. I just want to spend 2 days in Nusa Dua. I'm also going to spend 2 nights at the Rimba Jimbaran/Ayana and 5 nights at the Conrad Bali for my Bali travels. For other parts of Indonesia, I have a total of 6 nights in Labuan Bajo/Nusa Lembongan. Nusa Dua is mostly just 4 - 5 star resorts, but I'm there to experience the beach lol.

I was leaning towards the Hilton Bali over the Melia Bali since I have built-in elite perks as a Diamond. Two nights at the Hilton Bali will cost me about $250 with most likely a comp upgrade to an Executive room, free breakfast, lounge access, etc. I also have the Hilton Aspire card. For the same perks at the Melia Bali, it will be around $650. The Melia Bali is rated higher than the Hilton Bali on TripAdvisor. However, do you think the Hilton Bali will be more than fine for me since I'm staying only 2 nights?
If you can, go and spend 2/3 days in the Gili Islands..stunning stunning stunning. We went to Gili T....amazing place.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum

As what FFLash said.

Also to chime in, if you just want to chill at the resort and stay there for a few days, it is totally OK. We had a renovated executive ocean room and the decor was perfectly OK. The offering at the Exec Lounge is weak but at least you can get soft drinks and juices, peanuts and crackers all day. The executive lounge pool is nice and private and we spent most of our time here versus the main pool (plus you can go grab a cold drink and ice anytime). For breakfast, have it in the main restaurant where you should easily be satisfied with variety and quality. The other restaurants are totally OK and reasonably priced for a resort property.

The resort has very little cultural feel or connection to Indonesia but I would be guessing that none of the major resorts along that part of the island will have any cultural connection as well. The beach at the resort is average at best which we avoided. For me, staying at these major resorts is great for a few days at the end of your Indonesian holiday to just relax and chill out, there are many other areas up north or off island that has a greater cultural and local experience.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
As what FFLash said.

Also to chime in, if you just want to chill at the resort and stay there for a few days, it is totally OK.

The resort has very little cultural feel or connection to Indonesia but I would be guessing that none of the major resorts along that part of the island will have any cultural connection as well. The beach at the resort is average at best which we avoided. For me, staying at these major resorts is great for a few days at the end of your Indonesian holiday to just relax and chill out, there are many other areas up north or off island that has a greater cultural and local experience.
Those are my exact thoughts. I'm just doing a 2 night Nusa Dua stay to chill and relax. Then I have 2 nights in Jimbaran before I head back to NYC. This is towards the end of my Indonesian vacation.

The Conrad is just a luxury stay, but I'm putting most of the culture and enrichment with my Nusa Penida/Nusa Lembongan/Komodo/Labuan Bajo /Jimbaran/Ubud visits

Thank you for your thoughts! It's greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have just arrived from the beautiful Grand Hyatt and the downgrade is incredible and the price is quite a bit more for basic room as I get upgrded to club at both.
the sandstone is all dirty it needs a good steam clean,even the foyer cement and sandstone has largs black spots all over really needs a clean there!!!!
I asked for water and they only sell in bottles unusual for bali as you cannot drink the water.
the Diamond upgrade is ok nice view small room only one cake of soap asked for 4 champagne glasses and there is a charge of 25k rup, not a lot but what the hell?? asked for ice got a small bucket of ice for 3 mixer drinks.
the beach is very dirty with seaweed, also virtually cannot go in the water cause of it, but they had 4 poor men in the heat of midday sun digging holes scraping the seaweed up and burying it. dont they understand that the next tide will drag the seaweed out of the holes and back its like flogging a dead horse.

what idiot told them to do that!!! they could take the seaweed and put in on the gardens which need water and mulch as they arent fabulous.
the breakfast as everyone has said is fantastic, the club is very spartan and the food disappears as quickly as it appears.its very unwelcoming looking and basic, not like the club at the GHBALI.
and yes its far from everything and the drinks are an outrageous price for very small drinks eg margarita 18k rup++ for a small martini glass compared to a large glass at the GH for about 12k.
the monkeys scour the rooms so you cannot leave anything out and cannot leave the doors open at night so have to be in aircon at night. I could be anywhere in the world.
I wont be back

Last edited by aussielori; Nov 23, 2019 at 12:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.