Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by tylerc
What sort of upgrades and perks can be expected as diamond at this property?
I'm checking in tomorrow on a 6 night P+C booking (using the old rates - 12K + 652,740 IDR). Upon reviewing my reservation, I note that they've upgraded me from the base room to a One Bedroom Suite Ocean view (Cliff Tower) with 100 sqm.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire elite, Qatar Privilege Club Gold, Hyatt Explorer, Nordic Choice Gold
Any recent experiences from HH Diamond?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Need to stay in Bali for a couple of weeks in October.

Diamond with Hilton - Gold with Marriott

I will need to get a cab daily to the Canggu, North Kuta (just north of the airport), hence the Marriott reference as that is close I believe.

I could split the stay between the Conrad and Hilton - but I am also aware that the Hilton is further and more expensive to get a cab every day. Not been to Bali before so no little about getting cabs etc.

Cost is around 2 million IDR per night at any of the hotels for a basic room. So not much difference.

Need to make a decision on what might be the best option for room comfort, getting around the island and the lounge based on being a Diamond.

Any insight on the Hilton or Bali would be appreciated.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: LH FTL, TK Gold, AZ Gold, CC Concierge, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Need to stay in Bali for a couple of weeks in October.

Diamond with Hilton - Gold with Marriott

I will need to get a cab daily to the Canggu, North Kuta (just north of the airport), hence the Marriott reference as that is close I believe.

I could split the stay between the Conrad and Hilton - but I am also aware that the Hilton is further and more expensive to get a cab every day. Not been to Bali before so no little about getting cabs etc.

Cost is around 2 million IDR per night at any of the hotels for a basic room. So not much difference.

Need to make a decision on what might be the best option for room comfort, getting around the island and the lounge based on being a Diamond.

Any insight on the Hilton or Bali would be appreciated.

Keep in mind the commuting times. The traffic on Bali is a nightmare nowadays. If you need to be daily in Canggu, my recommendation is to stay nearby. Neither the Hilton nor the Conrad is in that area. Or you are happy to stuck about two hours per day on the road ( Could be worse if its raining ).
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Yes, while the taxi fare might not be huge, the commute will likely kill a lot of the fun. You're probably looking at an hour each way using the tollway. Uber shows about $10 each way to central Canggu from the Hilton.

I'm not much of a fan of the Conrad. Their treatment of elites leaves something to be desired.

If you posted a hotel, or conference location, more options could be pondered.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire elite, Qatar Privilege Club Gold, Hyatt Explorer, Nordic Choice Gold
Checked in today. Booked the lowest category room, during the check in informed that had an upgade to executive room, asked if any suites available, the lady informed that they will gladly provide us complimentary upgrade to one of the suites.
Now sitting at the lounge, must admit that quality much more better than in Conrad. But still lack of the food is a problem, but it was much worse in Conrad.
Mr. Voyage is liking more Hilton than Conrad, Mrs. not yet made up her mind.
Staff is a too notch.
​​​
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yes, while the taxi fare might not be huge, the commute will likely kill a lot of the fun. You're probably looking at an hour each way using the tollway. Uber shows about $10 each way to central Canggu from the Hilton.

I'm not much of a fan of the Conrad. Their treatment of elites leaves something to be desired.

If you posted a hotel, or conference location, more options could be pondered.

Last edited by NotTellYou; Aug 27, 2017 at 1:04 am
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
just spent 9 days; 15th-24th Aug
-upgraded from basic room to exec room on 10th floor
-2nd family room also same
( was told at 90% occupancy but could not feel it)
Exec lounge is excellent with dip pool , 4 cabanas , sun lounges,
Agree food offering not great in the lounge but able to order from the beach restaurant or RS, however breakfast was 'a la cate ' & very good
Staff in the lounge excellent , addressing by name after 1 day
eat in all but the Japanese restaurant ( 3 times), standard of food was good & as long as you stay away from the wine (price !) acceptable prices for a hotel.
Overall enjoyed & would recommend
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
just to add , this used to be the Grand Nicos
development of new hotels either side through does not effect anything
you can see where HH have upgraded parts of the hotel through the electrical sockets in the rooms are still from some 10yrs ago ; i.e nothing next to the beds.
Did pass this on to management , also had the same experience in Conrad Singapore on the stop over before but they are in the middle of a re-fub & all rooms being upgraded
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by europeanflyer
just to add , this used to be the Grand Nicos
development of new hotels either side through does not effect anything
you can see where HH have upgraded parts of the hotel through the electrical sockets in the rooms are still from some 10yrs ago ; i.e nothing next to the beds.
Did pass this on to management , also had the same experience in Conrad Singapore on the stop over before but they are in the middle of a re-fub & all rooms being upgraded
I believe you mean Grand Nikko.

I hadn't seen any upgrading of anything in January while we were there. I saw lots of work that needed to be done.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:29 am

Hilton Bali Resort - Mount Agung volcano warning

Hilton Bali Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Hilton Bali Resort

Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan Badung Bali, ID

Mount Agung volcano warning (0 Photo)

Hilton Bali Resort

i booked a 2 bedroom villa for four nights at $4000 in November 2017, unfortunately the severe volcano warning on the island made it difficult for the older folks in my group to travel there. I’m a Hilton Gold member and when I requested the hotel to move my dates they flat out refused, nice! Now I’m glad I didn’t try to go there after all.

Overall

Very unsympathetic and heartless attitude and interaction with hotel staff

Mount Agung volcano warning

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Bali Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:12 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hilton Bali Resort as a diamond

Hilton Bali Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Hilton Bali Resort

Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan Badung Bali, ID

Hilton Bali Resort as a diamond (5 Photos)

Hilton Bali Resort

So this is a review of the Hilton Bali from a diamond status stay.

I booked 2 nights at the resort using points (25k a night vs some 1.8mln idr ++ a night). 

Check In

When I arrived to the hotel, there is a seperate check in desk for Hilton elites. I booked a standard room and was upgraded to a executive room. I enquired about a suite, but they couldn't provide one as an upgrade (I did check online and there wasn't any available) but I did get a further upgrade to a terrace executive room.

Room

The room was nice. It was located on the 7th floor away from the construction (they are remodeling one of the main pools currently). The room had a large king bed, desk with a chair, a sofa. In the bathroom there was a tub, seperate shower (rain down), sink and toilet. The terrace was (I would guess) around 20 Sq meters and had a table with 2 chairs and a large lounge bed. The view was quite nice of the ocean.

Next to the bed there was a power outlet. 

Overall the room decor was ok for a Hilton, but could use a tad of maintenance (it's quite humid in Bali and that shows). 

IMG_20171104_202646.jpg

IMG_20171104_202629.jpg

IMG_20171105_095229.jpg

Service

In regards to the executive lounge, I know there were quite a few questions and I'll try to answer them. 

As a diamond, I had access to the executive lounge and the benefits. Breakfast was served in the lounge or in the main restaurant buffet. For both mornings I went to the main restaurant which did not disappoint. Plenty of cold and hot option to pick from. The executive lounge also has a pool along with indoor and outdoor seating, lounge chairs and cabanas. Note that the pool is for adults (over 12 years old), so those with kids would need to use the other pools. Because of this, it was super quiet at the pool (other than the construction from the other pool) and given it was off season, there was no issues grabbing a cabana in the late morning.

Throughout the day soft drinks were available in the lounge, which were also served by the pool. There was ice cream (for purchase) and between 3-5pm there was afternoon tea (some small sweets) and 5-7pm there was canapés and drinks. This is where the major fail of the hotel is. I came from the grand Hyatt bali a few days before, and their evening spread included plenty of hot and cold starters, soup, salad station, main courses (from satays to burritos) and plenty of desserts. The word to describe the Hilton evening spread is pathetic. There were 2 types of small canapés, cookies, chips, and nuts. Nothing else. I've seen better spreads in the USA than at the lounge. It was really disappointing.

IMG_20171105_164150.jpg

IMG_20171105_164139.jpg

Dining

Given that the lounge doesn't offer enough for dinner, there are a few restaurants to chose from at the hotel and they seem to have a rotating offer.

For instance Sunday, the Japanese restaurant has all you can eat sushi and teppanyaki for around 375k idr (if I remember correctly). For Bali this is on the high side, but given they had sashimi (tuna, salmon, squid, etc) and good teppanyaki (steak, lamb, shrimp, and lobster) it wasn't a bad deal. 

If one is on a tighter budget, they have an Indonesian restaurant serving up local cuisine for around 120k idr (yes, more than what's on the street, but given walking ro taxi fare plus find a place, price wise at the end its cheaper in the hotel including if you are traveling alone). And the portions were big. 

Overall

Overall, for the value of the stay on points, I would say it was a good stay. If I had a choice between the grand Hyatt and the Hilton, and assuming I have top tier in both, I would gladly choose the hyatt over the Hilton. But given that the Hilton was cheaper on points than the hyatt and overall the service was quite good (minus the lounge offering), I can't complain about the Hilton Bali.

Edit:

And to also add the wifi is painfully slow and unreliable. I didn't have signal in the room and where I did have signal, it would cut in and out. 

Hilton Bali Resort as a diamond

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Bali Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Hilton APAC has a sale now and I am trying to work out whether to book them or not based on the price below per night on a Garden View:

Hilton Bali: 1370083 IDR or 132AUD or 101.25USD
Conrad Bali: 1687042 IDR or 162AUD or 124.64USD

These prices already included taxes and services surcharges. The price looks incredibly cheap, but I am curious if these are normal prices that you would have expected (ie. jacked up and then "sale") ....

I am a Gold would they provide me with breakfast? Whilst upgrade to Exec Lounge would be good, it is not essential.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kamchatsky
Hilton APAC has a sale now and I am trying to work out whether to book them or not based on the price below per night on a Garden View:

Hilton Bali: 1370083 IDR or 132AUD or 101.25USD
Conrad Bali: 1687042 IDR or 162AUD or 124.64USD

These prices already included taxes and services surcharges. The price looks incredibly cheap, but I am curious if these are normal prices that you would have expected (ie. jacked up and then "sale") ....

I am a Gold would they provide me with breakfast? Whilst upgrade to Exec Lounge would be good, it is not essential.
Prices before the discount do not seem jacked up.

Both are good deals. I don’t particularly like the Conrad, so I’d take the Hilton, myself.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: *G
FYI, for those with non-refundable bookings for Dec 2017, the hotel is not refunding the rate. They are allowing postponement till May 25, 2018.

I got caught in this situation. What a bummer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.