FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:12 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Did you speak to management and Hilton about this? What is their responses? This is clearly a violation in spirit against the H Honors program!
We just checked in today, and was given the whole spiel too. Guest relations is preventing me to speak to a manager, and keeps trying to convince me that the room they upgraded us (Executive Ocean) is a Junior Suite level category for them. But the best part is after relocating us to another room with a better view, the same guest relation agent tried to upsell me "special rates" regarding for those one bedroom suites we want upgrades on, which she had claimed were very popular and almost sold out,

It just a bunch of lies, because when we checked in, our front desk rep kept repeating Corona Virus and Low Occupancy to us, at least 5 times, claiming that due to the situation, the executive lounge is closed. Certain restaurants are closed, and high floor rooms are carrying out extensive renovations. I understand this is tough time for everyone in the hospitality industry, and not all hotels can maintain full service like this property due its sheer size, but come on guys! When you have loyal Diamond elites as your paying guests that chose to continue their vacation to stay at your property when everyone is worried about their well being and cancelling, the least you can do is treat your elites and put them in a suite when they are mostly empty anyways!

Honestly, I don't know how we are going to spend our 5 nights here, the "un-" welcome and games has really left a bad taste in our mouth and we are seriously thinking of walking out of the property and ask for full refund.
I’d communicate this to them. If you don’t like the response, there are so many hotels starving for customers.

We had a difficult time getting anyone higher than a supervisor to call us when we stayed there.