FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:37 am
exploreaswego

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’d communicate this to them. If you don’t like the response, there are so many hotels starving for customers.

We had a difficult time getting anyone higher than a supervisor to call us when we stayed there.
Wow, this is baffling that supervisors are all invisible. I mean what does management actually do when they don't even bother about their guests satisfaction? Let alone their elites!
My guess is the legacy staff or previous management helm from the old property (Grand Nikko) is having a hard time adapting/training the staff to meet the new Hilton standards.
This is why another desk agent is telling me that their current GM is "not available" because he is currently "in transition" now. They will be expecting a new leader in the house.

I reached out to the Diamond desk via mobile feedback. Got a generic response from the front desk manager sticking strictly to the no suite upgrade policy.
Explaining that the Hilton terms particularly excludes "executive", "villas" and "specialty" suites from its diamond upgrade pool, and conveniently all their one-bedroom suites have the term "executive" slapped in front of them. So instantly, it completely excludes all of suites from the upgrade pool, even though the terms include "one-bedroom" suites.

Diamond Elite Members will receive the following during stays as a registered Diamond Elite Member: At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton™ and Tapestry Collection by Hilton™ properties, Diamond Hilton Honors Members may receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of arrival. Upgrades for Diamond Hilton Honors Members may include upgrades up to “junior”, “standard” or “one-bedroom” suites. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations/floors/towers (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista", "Villa", “Club”, “Imperial,” or “Residences” accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel.
We even went to speak to her in person, all she did was non-sympathetically apologize and say they don't even upgrade life-time diamond members to any above the executive ocean room categories! Like seriously!? We asked to be walked back to the HGI Bali, she said can only refund us for the next 4 nights, but for tonight, since we checked in, it is non-refundable due to a system restriction. This is the most dumb thing I have ever heard, Diamond desk is also telling me the same thing.

Anyway, we never seen a manager so useless and non-sympathetic under a chain hotel brand. Diamond desk staff seems to already know that this is a difficult property based on their response, and they said their brand performance team is actually investigating this property. So let this be a warning for all you Diamond folks planning your trips here, skip the Hilton if you are expecting elite recognition.

We'll be staying at the Westin or maybe the Grand Hyatt tomorrow. Haven't really decided yet..