Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta SILVER Medallion; Alaska Mileage Plan; HiltonHHonors GOLD; Starwoods GOLD
Web site problems

I am trying to do a check-in for an upcoming weekend stay. I keep getting caught up in a loop that keeps redirecting me back to the login page! Encountering this on my desktop and iPhone!! Anyone else experiencing this "glitch" today?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Points Award Activity is not showing

In the past I was able to see number of points deducted for an award reservation and also credited back when the award is cancelled. Now all the award activity is a mystery because none is reflected in the "All Points Activity". I was also unable to see my Hhonors Awards - this feature used to be available from the website.
Do I miss these features somehow?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Alex_I
In the past I was able to see number of points deducted for an award reservation and also credited back when the award is cancelled. Now all the award activity is a mystery because none is reflected in the "All Points Activity". I was also unable to see my Hhonors Awards - this feature used to be available from the website.
Do I miss these features somehow?
In August 2013, I wrote the Diamond Desk about this exact same issue. Their response was:

"I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the Hilton HHonors web site. We are constantly striving to better the web site in any way that we can. Feedback from our valued members is beneficial in this process. I will make sure this is forwarded to our web site department for review. "

Then in Oct 2013, I wrote again to ask why it had not been fixed, and this is the response I got:

"We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience as the website remains under construction at this time. We are making great strides at getting the current issues under control. Please bear with us until we can get all of the kinks ironed out and have a very user-friendly website. "

It appears their web site department does not consider the issue to be important or (still) does not know how to fix it. I regrettably have to go with the latter explanation.

Last edited by jmd001; May 12, 2014 at 7:07 pm Reason: Add info
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:52 pm

hilton.com & hhonors.com member database b0rk3d?

Is it just me, or is hilton.com b0rk3d for other hhonors members too? Lately, I've noticed random email addresses (i.e., not mine) displayed on my reservation confirmations. Lately I've started getting email confirmation for other hhonors members reservations & cancellations too.

Hilton.com has always been one of the worse web sites, but a confused reservation/member database seems like it's a privacy disaster waiting to happen.

Anyone else observe this behavior lately?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Yes, more than once I've received points for stays I've never had/completed.

I have no idea why this information gets corrupted, but I suspect it's sloppy CSR not fully exiting a screen after someone completes their business with them.

Originally Posted by j8s8er
Is it just me, or is hilton.com b0rk3d for other hhonors members too? Lately, I've noticed random email addresses (i.e., not mine) displayed on my reservation confirmations. Lately I've started getting email confirmation for other hhonors members reservations & cancellations too.

Hilton.com has always been one of the worse web sites, but a confused reservation/member database seems like it's a privacy disaster waiting to happen.

Anyone else observe this behavior lately?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Yes, I have recently noticed it on a reservation viewed on the Hilton MVP site .
Not my address and not my e-mail address on the reservation.
I contacted Hilton and got a standard reply that didn't really address the problem. I replied to the e-mail explaining the problem again but never heard back.
See this thread that I started at the time : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-mvp-site.html
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
They screwed up my address, too; it might also have had something to do with MVP.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by sethb
They screwed up my address, too; it might also have had something to do with MVP.
I've noticed it defaults to a business address if using MVP rate.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
But I have never used the MVP rate, I merely looked at my reservations on the site, as there was a reservation I couldn't see details of on the usual Hilton site.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I've noticed the website just outright down moreso than up over the last 10 days.

Haven't been able to check out my account or book reward stays at all lately.

Couldn't see where I had reservations this past weekend.

Very annoying!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've also had my information revert to that f someone else. This was a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by helosc
I contacted Hilton and got a standard reply that didn't really address the problem.
Well at least that is still working as normal then
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by skunker
I've noticed it defaults to a business address if using MVP rate.
And not any business address that I've ever heard of. It must be MVP's address.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
The business address mine defaults to is: MVP Program as the company name followed by my home address.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by controller1
The business address mine defaults to is: MVP Program as the company name followed by my home address.
I've had both: my address and some other address not associated with my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.