Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same here although it seems to have been rectified.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
It works for me (now); finds all 5 future stays.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
Logged in this morning.

Zero points. Zero stays (past, current, or future). Zero recent activity.

I need to edit a future reservation and the system can't find it.
Had the same problem this morning-my activity is back, future reservations are back, but I seem to be missing 16K+ in points
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by txrus
Had the same problem this morning-my activity is back, future reservations are back, but I seem to be missing 16K+ in points
Everything is back as of tonight.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 pm

Cancelled reservations show back up and count as no show

I would appreciate any advice or insight. I was recently charged $1500 for FIVE - no show rooms at a Hampton Inn in Austin. I cancelled the reservations online and although I did have several problems with the web site when I was doing it, I did get the "your rooms have been cancelled" pop up. Then I logged out and logged back in to see that my next stay was in Los Angeles a month later. My husband gets the emails and after seeing it said to me "glad you got Austin cancelled" then believes he deleted them. The thing is that it wasn't just a forgotten reservation, it was plans for a friend reunion of sorts for our 20th - we had dinner reservations etc, They all had to be cancelled due to some unforeseen circumstances TWO weeks before. The Hotel could care less and Hilton customer service connects me to India where they tell me its up to the hotel and they can do nothing. I've asked to speak to someone in IT about the web problems, and the fact that there are now about 5 different ways to sign into my account and they won't even acknowledge there is anyone that could help with this. I got one nice person who looked up one of the cancellation numbers for the room they say i did cancel and she said it was strange like it was a cancel and then a modification. This is a terrible imposition for us to waste $1500 on rooms we absolutely cancelled. We are 20 year Honor's member - never top elite but in the mid range every year. Our history, if anyone cared to look at it would show we have never ever had a no show before in our lives. Any advice is appreciated. This happened between Oct. 26 is - Nov. 7, 2014. Thank you in advance

Last edited by bobbora; Dec 2, 2014 at 9:05 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Call the 800-HHONORS number and ask for Kathy who is in charge. I talked to her about 9 pm yesterday and I think she will come through for me with a fight I am having over Cyber Monday at Waikoloa. An outrageous situation where they clearly stated on the website that you could book by Dec 2 but won't honor it, saying that the fine print said the prices were only good until midnight Dec 1, EST. Kathy at least agreed with me and is putting the hotel on notice to give me the room rate promised. If people act like they have no idea who she is, this is the email address I have.
[email protected] Good Luck!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Points availability missing

I was searching Munich across many months and all 3 hotels showed x availability for HHonors points reservations. Figured it's their typically $hitty website, so I try Vienna and Paris. And San Francisco. Same thing. Apparently no hotels are available anywhere on points.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by PHLisa
I was searching Munich across many months and all 3 hotels showed x availability for HHonors points reservations. Figured it's their typically $hitty website, so I try Vienna and Paris. And San Francisco. Same thing. Apparently no hotels are available anywhere on points.
You may be doing something wrong......
I just checked and plenty of availability for points stays at all three Munich properties for all months, December, January, February, March and April.
You of course checked the box "Use HHonors Points"?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
You may be doing something wrong......
I just checked and plenty of availability for points stays at all three Munich properties for all months, December, January, February, March and April.
You of course checked the box "Use HHonors Points"?
I tried the same search from the app and got the same lack of results, so I don't think it's me. I do know how to search, yes, thank you.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by PHLisa
I tried the same search from the app and got the same lack of results, so I don't think it's me. I do know how to search, yes, thank you.
I get availability on app, as well. I do not get same availability unless I sign into account.
What specific dates in Munich?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Trying to find ALL Hilton family worldwide resorts

On the Hilton.com site, there is a tab labelled 'Resorts' (to the right of 'Find a Hotel'). However, the link leads to a page that shows worldwide resorts for Hilton only.

When I go to My Reservations, there is the following feature near the bottom of the left column:
Plan a resort escape
Explore our resort properties around the world
Get away from it all on the world’s most beautiful beaches, discover spectacular golfing, or plan the perfect getaway at any of more than 100 resorts worldwide.
The 'Book Now' link shows all Hilton family resorts, but only in the Americas (USA, Canada, Latin America, and Caribbean). Despite the statement that you can plan a getaway at more than 100 resorts worldwide, the link only shows 93 resorts, and only in the Americas.

Is there a Hilton webpage that shows all Hilton family resorts worldwide? By Hilton family, I mean Hilton, Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, Doubletree, etc.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I have a prepaid stay at the Waldorf in Shanghai beginning tomorrow. Went to print out the res so that I have at immigration if needed and at check in. Can't print ..get the door handle with something unexpected message. Went to cut and paste to print and it is not formatted for a single page and I need two pages. The non prepaid res print fine. And while on the subject, am the only one who really thinks something a little more professional than I'm not a robot could be used on the sign in page. It really makes me feel like a robot to fill it in each time .. there could be some better messaging of a security feature.. we're glad you are back.. call me old fashioned.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
More problems with the iPhone app.

After logging in, each action results in an error or time out message.

My account shows 100,000 more points than I should have and no future reservations.

I booked a room for The Masters using those 100,000 points. The reservation is missing and the points have been returned. What's up with that?

Is the database down for more "routine" maintenance?

Edit: Logged into the main site and there are no issues. Problem appears to be isolated to the app.

Last edited by aww3583; Jan 30, 2015 at 8:10 pm
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The crappiest of the crappest website in the hotel industry is down again. Impossible to make a reservation

Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.252c3bc3.1422901760.1021b222
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Dead as a door nail, currently.

Last edited by Abidjan; Feb 2, 2015 at 12:46 pm Reason: Website back up as of 246 ET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.