Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by michael_v
What does it mean then?
It means you have to book the lowest rate at Hilton.com for that room type with the same booking conditions.

So Deluxe prepaid must match with the lowest Hilton.com Deluxe prepaid.
Deluxe 3-day cxl must match with the lowest Hilton.com Deluxe 3-day cxl.

Practically, this means matching to the Hhonors rates, which are usually discounted a few dollars.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold
I was denied last week on a request which the Twitter agents offered to look at for me despite providing all the screenshots etc. The site offered a better cancellation policy (by 24hrs) for less money than HH and because of this it apparently didn't match Hilton's own.
Seems a short-sighted policy to me. If they want to generate goodwill by promising a price guarantee, then why expose the business to reputational risk by acting like this? In the end, I decided that the 25% off wasn't worth my time chasing as in terms of my hourly charge rate, it didn't add up and I guess this is what they rely on.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:06 am

I have not been successful at doing a Hilton BRG. I have tried several times over the years and always received a denial. I am trying to book a stay @ Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk from November 29 2019 to Dec 5 2019. I need the 2 queen bed suite. If anyone would be so kind to assist me I sure would appreciate it. My grandson band is marching in the Pearl Harbor day parade and I really would like to be there to see it.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by RelaxingMemories
I have not been successful at doing a Hilton BRG. I have tried several times over the years and always received a denial. I am trying to book a stay @ Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk from November 29 2019 to Dec 5 2019. I need the 2 queen bed suite. If anyone would be so kind to assist me I sure would appreciate it. My grandson band is marching in the Pearl Harbor day parade and I really would like to be there to see it.
Hey mate, $275 rate here for the room you want. On Hilton it’s going for 281. You’re best bet in my opinion is to call in to an agent to help you. I’ve been 6/6 with Hilton BRG this way good luck https://www.priceline.com/relax/at/8...yId=3000004031
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Hey RelaxingMemories . I'm agreed with verbyournoun . Expedia/Orbitz showed $258, Agoda/Hotel.com showed $275, Hilton rate $281. Since those are advance purchase rate n non-cancellable, the best give them call. Good luck!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:27 pm

Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate your help.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Had an interesting BRG, which I thought was going to be the quickest and cleanest one I have ever had (I was wrong)

Called Hilton on Nov 10th. Gave details about the city, dates, hotel, and specific room type I wanted for a stay next year. Agent looks it up and quotes me the Hilton price. I suggest that I can see it on Priceline for a lot less and could it be matched & 25% off. Agent asks me to wait a couple of minutes to see what he can do

Agent gets back ~5 minutes later (if that) and says, ok the new rate for your room is now X, including all taxes etc (might have been a € or 2 higher each night than it should have been, but I was not complaining). It threw me on how quick this was looking to be. He went through exactly what he was booking, for the correct dates, correct hotel and in the specific room type I wanted. ~15 minute call at this stage, amazing

I asked him to read it all back before he confirmed/booked anything, but he was too quick or just not listening. He said its now booked, gave me the confirmation number and I received the email. Wrong room - King Superior (KS) vs King Superior w/Terrace (KST), the latter of which I wanted and was the one listed on Priceline. Bit of back and forth with him apologizing, but now he could not see any KST in the inventory - there is only 1 room like this in the hotel. I told him that I could see it on Hilton.com and asked if I could book it, then would give him the new confirmation number and then he applies the BRG rate to that new booking. He told me to go ahead. I get the new confirmation number, give it to him. He works on it for a few minutes, then puts me on the dreaded hold, and then the call is dropped within a few minutes. Sigh

Call back a couple of times, agents go through the process, says room type not available (yes, I have KST reserved also), one puts me on hold to connect to a supervisor. Disconnected

Call HHonors number, talk to agent there, he puts me through to the actual hotel. Hotel says that they can see both bookings, but the room rate for the KST is what I got it at (on Hilton.com) and cannot match my rate of the KS room, as they are different room types and the one with the terrace is more expensive. I try to explain a couple of times, language barrier or just general not understanding (or they think I am having them on, fair enough) so I thank them and HUCA

Ask directly for a supervisor. Get through after a few minutes. I explain the problem and supervisor doesn't seem to get it. Says that room types etc have to match exactly. I tell the supervisor that I stated KST numerous times on the original call. Supervisor says that someone above her will pull the call, listen to it and then decide. Will take 3 days. Great, no problem

4.5 days pass, no word from Hilton. Call them back on the 15th Nov and talk to an insanely friendly sup/manager. She says that the notes in the booking are confusing, so asks me to explain it. She seems to get it and updates the notes. Apologizes many times. I mention that the call was to be listened to, she replies that all calls are not recorded, so it might not even be in the system. She says that she cannot update it, as she cannot listen to the call herself, but is sending to the property to sort. I should hear by Wednesday (20th)

Today I get an email from Hilton CS that contains:

"In reviewing the details of your reservations and the third party website used to process your Price Match Guarantee claim for confirmation #XXX , I have confirmed that the Price Match was processed according to the room type that was reserved under this confirmation number.

When reviewing confirmation number YYY the room type you reserved for this reservation (King Superior Room Terrace) is not a room type that is currently offered on the third party website www.priceline.com for your travel dates. Please note that per the terms and conditions of the Price Match Guarantee program that the room type found on the third party website must exactly match the room type you reserved as the rate can vary based upon a number of factors, including location, view, and/or amenities" along with another apology and some points for the hassle (5K).

I reply asking for them to pull the call, listen to it, that I am holding the only KST room in the hotel so it won't be on Priceline now and that I should not have to pay more for a room that I am not getting (KS was €12 or so cheaper a night)

Received an updated confirmation on the KST booking with the BRG rate about 4 hours later

Emailed by another agent advising me that they had transferred the rate to the correct room type, and that the had cancelled the original booking. Happy days

Saved over €100 a night (€520 total) with some hassle

tl;dr:

Looked to be the quickest & easiest BRG ever, done within about 15 minutes
Wrong room type booked by agent
Phone tag
Email tennis
Correct room type finally gotten with BRG rate 8 days later
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth

Looked to be the quickest & easiest BRG ever, done within about 15 minutes
Wrong room type booked by agent
Phone tag
Email tennis
Correct room type finally gotten with BRG rate 8 days later
Congrats on it all working out. I just successfully BRGd 5 rooms at the Hilton La Romana. 3 of the rooms was easy breezy (completed in 45 min or less over the phone) , but they certainly made me work for the last 2 rooms. It was trials and tribulations to get it done. It took 2 days with screenshots and emails.

On the other hand, I've had experience with the Hyatt BRGs. All 5 Hyatt BRGs took less than 5 minutes to complete over the phone. These were all with different reps for different hotels.

I don't know if it's the Hilton systems, Hilton reps lack of training or both, but the Hilton needs to get it together.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I think laughing at the absurdity of BRG claims and treating it like a game keeps me sane with these agents sometimes.

I booked a semi-flex room at the Conrad Singapore, found a better rate on trip.com and was given a swift price match and emailed my new rate right away. Awesome, first time that it’s been that smooth actually.

I needed a second room, so proceed to do the exact same process, and the rate at trip.com is identical. Somehow this claim was denied because the cancellation policies were different, when I literally had a successful claim hours before??
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by verbyournoun
I think laughing at the absurdity of BRG claims and treating it like a game keeps me sane with these agents sometimes.

I booked a semi-flex room at the Conrad Singapore, found a better rate on trip.com and was given a swift price match and emailed my new rate right away. Awesome, first time that it’s been that smooth actually.

I needed a second room, so proceed to do the exact same process, and the rate at trip.com is identical. Somehow this claim was denied because the cancellation policies were different, when I literally had a successful claim hours before??
That was pretty much my case as well. 3 claims had been processed successfully and 2 claims were rejected over the phone. I escalated it with the BRG team through email. I followed the exact same process using the same site and same room. I was rejected again for both rooms through email. One rejection was because you had to log into the site to get a rate...which wasn't true at all! The second rejection was they said the cancellation policy was different-my OTA site said 15 days, while the Hilton was 14 days. However, in the screenshots I emailed the OTA policy was clearly 14 days, lol!! I swear, it felt like they were just pulling out rejection reasons out of a bag. It really didn't make any sense at all. A couple of days and a few emails later, both rooms were finally processed. But it really felt like a Three Stooges episode to make it happen.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

This is new...

I price match also of exclusively international properties and when calling they told me to call this number 0080088844888 even though I’ve matched 7 other international properties this year using the diamond desk...

Update: Perfect example of HUCA,

Hotel: Conrad Tokyo King City View
Original Price: 418 USD/night
Trip.com: 394 USD/night
Total (after tax) for two nights: 755 USD

I’ve stayed at nearly all the other Asian Conrad’s, and I’ve been told this might be the best so very excited about that

Last edited by TravelingZoomer; Nov 20, 2019 at 7:40 am
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Unlike the experience in post #995 , I just had the quickest and easiest BRG so far

Total call time was 11mins 2 seconds

I realized that I did not have a booking for tonight as when I tried to check into the HGI Panama they told me that I had no reservation but that they are looking forward to seeing me tomorrow, oops

Checked App and they were correct

---

DT = $72, inc taxes
Orbitz et al = $67, inc taxes
BRG Rate = $50, inc taxes
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:45 pm

Am trying to make an price match. I see price of xx on booking.com while app is $30bmore. Same dates etc.

Rep refuses to take any documentation from me claiming there's no way for her to take it from me. She is unable to see it when she searches. (She see rate that is higher than apps)

What do I do?
I don't want to go book something then they give me bs of we don't see it

I am a diamond if that makes a difference as I called the diamond desk.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Am trying to make an price match. I see price of xx on booking.com while app is $30bmore. Same dates etc.

Rep refuses to take any documentation from me claiming there's no way for her to take it from me. She is unable to see it when she searches. (She see rate that is higher than apps)

What do I do?
I don't want to go book something then they give me bs of we don't see it

I am a diamond if that makes a difference as I called the diamond desk.
If this is a refundable booking, book the same room through the Hilton. Take screenshots of the price in the Booking app. File a BRG claim online. https://hiltonworldwide3.hilton.com/.../claimForm.htm

In the comments of the claim form, respond that you have evidence in the form of screenshots that you want to send. They usually respond with an email and then you can send the pics. If they approve you, they will automatically adjust the price in the Hilton reservation. I actually did this 4 separate times last week in making 4 separate price matches for the Hilton La Romana ( I used a regular site, and not an app). If they deny the claim, try again. If they still deny the claim, you can decide if you want to go through Booking.com or stick with your Hilton reservation.

The thing is that you are using the app instead of the mobile browser. That can be a tough sell. If this is a non-refundable booking, I don't advise booking the Hilton room first. Maybe try a HUCA. But again, the main road block is that you are using Booking.com's app, so it's not possible for the Diamond Desk to see this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Another successful match. Make it 11/11 this year.

Hotel: Conrad Singapore
Room: Grand Deluxe Twin
Hilton Rate: 331 SGD
Trip.com Rate: 309 SGD
PMG Adjusted: 210 SGD

PSA: Hilton recognizes “ctrip”. Trip.com is a rebranding of that website, a few sentences explaining this has helped a ton.

Last edited by TravelingZoomer; Dec 10, 2019 at 10:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.