Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hotturnip
Wiki Link
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotelsí static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 10, 18, 11:56 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by BigFlyer View Post
Yes, but their website is contradictory and intentionally misleading.

It says in the non-fine print: "Booking directly with Hilton is quick, easy and guarantees best value" and "We guarantee you always get the lowest price when you reserve a room through an official Hilton booking channel... or we'll match the lower price and give you an extra 25% discount"

The fine print then contradicts that clear language by saying that they only guarantee lowest price and guaranteed best value if the pricing discrepancy remains in effect for 12-24 hours after you report it to Hilton. It is one thing if the fine print clarifies, but something else when the fine print entirely changes the meaning.
It's a shame big business get away with things like this, but I appreciate the confirmation. I was surprised to see people defend Hilton for doing this, when I posted my experience about a month and a half ago.

Originally Posted by Marriott15 View Post
SS
I think mine got messed up! I got denied then accepted after I sent all that info in and never got charged to this date for the stay! Stay was over two months ago!

This just doesn't seem to be working for them! They should just let you book through the third party and give you points for your stay! Maybe never let one of these sites go lower then the price on the hilton website!

It always seems like the lower price for me is the night before the stay were you can't cancel!
That's pretty sweet!
And I guess it's working the way they want, when people believe it's working. I mean I rarely check prices elsewhere as I think I'm better off booking AAA rate or similar.
Your solution would be great, but as they have to pay the commission to the third party, probably not in their interest.
I have experienced it once as you mention close to the stay where it's past the cancellation deadline, and didn't bother trying to claim it. This booking was far in advance, so I thought I'd have time to prove that it was cheaper, but it made no difference.
Old Jan 11, 18, 5:16 am

Programs: Turkish M&S Gold
Thumbs up Good experience

I found a lower rate on hotels.com for a handicap-room at a hotel I was looking at. Took a screenshot, booked (with a note that I don't need a handicap-room) and submitted a BRG-claim that was denied since the room was no longer available.
As I had booked the last room of this type it was obvious that it was no longer available and so I sent the screenshot to Hilton who then approved the claim. Great to see that they can be flexible (but within the rules) in such a situtation, don't know how I could otherwise prove the claim if there is only 1 room bookable.
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:06 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Gnopps View Post
I found a lower rate on hotels.com for a handicap-room at a hotel I was looking at. Took a screenshot, booked (with a note that I don't need a handicap-room) and submitted a BRG-claim that was denied since the room was no longer available.
As I had booked the last room of this type it was obvious that it was no longer available and so I sent the screenshot to Hilton who then approved the claim. Great to see that they can be flexible (but within the rules) in such a situtation, don't know how I could otherwise prove the claim if there is only 1 room bookable.
That's great - I'm assuming it was a flexible rate?

The inconsistency is ridiculous.
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:07 am

Programs: Turkish M&S Gold
Originally Posted by studentCPH View Post
That's great - I'm assuming it was a flexible rate?
Yes
Old Jan 11, 18, 11:18 pm

Exactly

Originally Posted by Gnopps View Post
Yep which is the issue! That was my argument with the agent that well its the last room available! That's when he said to copy the hotels.com and Expedia page! Also to take a picture with my phone that shoes the date and time in the bottom right hand corner! Just advice for people that run across the same issue moving forward!
Old Jan 19, 18, 4:00 pm

I never check the other sites after booking normally as Hilton sales seem to be the lowest in town. Booked 2 rooms in Prague for 2 nights (came out to just over 200 Euro a night which is a bit on the high side, but we're celebrating our 10th anniversary with my parents so we wanted to take them some place we liked) However lower rates caught my eye in a random search with google and investigated. Found lower rates through kayak which directed me to amoma and prestigia. I should have read this site better, however decided to request a claim. I was shocked to get a message that amoma was an invalid site (I don't understand as you can book through these sites for the rooms) and over the phone while talking to the representatives (who found the price quotes for 129 Euro) stated that their system was blocked from letting them go through with the price matching because Prestigia was also invalid. Talked to a supervisor who I could tell really didn't care and kept trying to spin the conversation.

Wrote to Erin to see if she could help out, as I really want to take my parents to Prague. This is one of the few disappointments that I've had.
Old Jan 22, 18, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Gold FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC
Another option (if you're booking cancellable stays) is to book the cheaper rate you've found elsewhere after booking the Hilton rate, i.e. have 2 bookings at the hotel pending the BRG being honored.
Old Jan 23, 18, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Gold FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC
I haven't been on FT for 90+ days so one for the Admins.

Please add Booking.com to the successful BRG claims in the wiki.

This was for 4 nights in Manhattan.

Original
Total for Stay per Room
Rate: 1,099.66 USD
Taxes: 174.88 USD
Total: 1,274.54 USD
Total for Stay : 1,274.54 USD

BRG
Total for Stay per Room
Rate: 766.16 USD
Taxes: 126.09 USD
Total: 892.25 USD
Total for Stay : 892.25 USD
Old Jan 23, 18, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Success! Every year for the past 4 years I've gotten a successful BRG (or two) in New Orleans for Labor Day weekend, AKA "Southern Decadence" festival. This year:

Hilton Riverside New Orleans
Original rate on Hilton.com: $153/night =($541.45 total)
New rate from Prestigia (?) after 25% discount: $78/night =($281.94 total).

I cited multiple websites where I was finding cheaper rates, and so not totally sure which one they used.
But happy with my results.
Old Jan 24, 18, 10:27 am

Hi,

I'm slightly confused with this whole thing... Looking at different comparison websites in different countries, I am getting different prices, all of which are lower than Hilton's own rate. The question now is, which website to use as a comparison, or shall I just use all of them in the hope that one of them gets accepted? What happens if the same website has subtly different prices for different countries?

Is amoma ok to use? prestigia? if so, which currencies?
To clarify, I am located in the UK, the hotel is in Australia and I am German.
Old Jan 25, 18, 2:42 am

Programs: HH D
Success with Booking.com.
Sent my BPG claim at 12.30 (UTC+3) yesterday and had received the confirmation after 8 hours!
"We are pleased to let you know that we have successfully processed your claim. The price on your reservation has been adjusted down to match the lower rate and, as per the terms of the program, we have also applied an additional 25% discount"
Good job!
Old Jan 26, 18, 6:50 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Originally Posted by Garina View Post
Success with Booking.com.
Sent my BPG claim at 12.30 (UTC+3) yesterday and had received the confirmation after 8 hours!
"We are pleased to let you know that we have successfully processed your claim. The price on your reservation has been adjusted down to match the lower rate and, as per the terms of the program, we have also applied an additional 25% discount"
Good job!
Congrats.
Please add the hotel name and location and also the website you used for your claim so more of us have info.
Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 18, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by tdnpf View Post
Hi,

I'm slightly confused with this whole thing... Looking at different comparison websites in different countries, I am getting different prices, all of which are lower than Hilton's own rate. The question now is, which website to use as a comparison, or shall I just use all of them in the hope that one of them gets accepted? What happens if the same website has subtly different prices for different countries?

Is amoma ok to use? prestigia? if so, which currencies?
To clarify, I am located in the UK, the hotel is in Australia and I am German.
The main point with hotel chains is that these BPG are super confusing-- so, hopefully this thread helps.
I'd say, it doesn't matter where you're booking from-- try to find a site that quotes rates in the same currency as the Hilton hotel's site, that's a good first bet. Some of the sites aren't accepted (check the wiki), but even then sometimes the same site that isn't accepted by one agent IS accepted by another.
So, if you have the time, you can try to submit for the same rate using different web sites (if Amoma is rejected, try Prestigia tomorrow, etc). Some people do that. I ususally just give one in the claim but in the comments also note the (usually several) other sites that offer a lower rate, and have usually found success.
Good luck!
Old Jan 26, 18, 5:37 pm
Siz

After lots of back and forth with Hilton (emails and twitter over the last week) Iíve finally had the BRG agreed for my stay (itís now about 40% of the original price Hilton are wanting!) but my reservation is no longer showing in my app, I can access it via the full website by entering the confirmation number and surname. The rate is showing the original rate, not the price matched one. Iíve contacted Hilton and they say this is normal and the rate wonít change and the hotel will have the correct information and will charge me the right amount, so I wonít be receiving a new confirmation. Iím a little nervous of getting to check out and having difficulties and am after reassurance from anyone else who has been in this position recently. When I last had a BPG it was March 2016 and the correct amount showed in my account. TIA
Old Jan 28, 18, 5:31 am
Siz

Sorry another question. If I was to request an e-upgrade will this affect the BPG at all (will they argue that I didn't stay in the same kind of room) or should (if successful with e-upgrade) I'll pay the lower price (not shown on my reservation) and the e-upgrade rate? Thank you

Search this Thread