Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
The Diamond Desk seems much better at processing these than the regular desk fwiw
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Yes, I agree with this fully. I always ask the Diamond Desk to process my BRGs. The regular HH help desk is Hell on Earth regarding these claims.
Do you email or call the Diamond desk ?

And is it asking them to follow up the BRG request (submitted through Hilton BRG website) or do you just send DD a screenshot of the lower rate and your reservation # ?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wantan

And is it asking them to follow up the BRG request (submitted through Hilton BRG website) or do you just send DD a screenshot of the lower rate and your reservation # ?
I call the DD and they process my BRGs instantly.
​​​​​​When you do it online, that's a different department. Has nothing to do with the Diamond Desk. That dept is the Price Match team. They handle the online BRG claims. The Price Match team will follow up your BRG request with an email. That's when you can attach your proof/screenshots in your response.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by wantan

You call in. Just tell the agent you’d like to do a price match reservation. You can do this before or after you booked a reservation, but I have almost always done it before.

Also, YMMV but the agents on the phone are much more lenient than agents via email. The most common one is not being an eligible site but I gently push back and say “I’ve used xyz site before!” and then they’ll help you
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:24 am

Hilton should be ashamed for even offering the Price Match Guarantee.

I received the run around yesterday. They asked for time stamped screenshots of the websites (hotels.com and expedia.com), emailed those to them clearly showing the lower rate and they rejected my claim. Shame on Hilton.

I re-booked the same room 10 minutes ago and refiled a claim. Below is my detailed information I typed into the optional information box:Today's Date: 02/07/2020

Claim Submission Time: 10:12am PST

I booked the Deluxe Suite - 1 King Bed - Non-Smoking with Free Cancellation via hilton.com's website and booked the room with the "Honors Discount" for $292.27 (includes all taxes). This reservation was made on 02/07/2020 @ 10am PST.

The same room exact room with free cancellation (and pay via online or at the hotel) on expedia.com and hotels.com is $286.32 (includes all taxes). This pricing is online at 02/07/2020 @ 10:05am PST.

Let's see what happens.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by shirlgirl
Hilton should be ashamed for even offering the Price Match Guarantee.

I received the run around yesterday. They asked for time stamped screenshots of the websites (hotels.com and expedia.com), emailed those to them clearly showing the lower rate and they rejected my claim. Shame on Hilton.

I re-booked the same room 10 minutes ago and refiled a claim. Below is my detailed information I typed into the optional information box:Today's Date: 02/07/2020

Claim Submission Time: 10:12am PST

I booked the Deluxe Suite - 1 King Bed - Non-Smoking with Free Cancellation via hilton.com's website and booked the room with the "Honors Discount" for $292.27 (includes all taxes). This reservation was made on 02/07/2020 @ 10am PST.

The same room exact room with free cancellation (and pay via online or at the hotel) on expedia.com and hotels.com is $286.32 (includes all taxes). This pricing is online at 02/07/2020 @ 10:05am PST.

Let's see what happens.
Does everything match? Meaning exact words of room category, bed type, cancellation policy, cancelation date/time, etc? Everything has to match between your Hilton reservation and what you found on Expedia/Hotels.com.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:01 pm

Completed my first ever BRG. Figured I'd give it a go, and see what happened. Worst case scenario, they deny it and I book a room elsewhere.
No reservation made at time of calling in (using reservation line). Was on the phone a total of 13 minutes (first 5 or so were just waiting for an agent). Super simple, super easy. Saved me over $330 on a 6 night trip.

Hilton price - $179/night
Priceline price - $164/night
Price after BRG - $123/night
RafKa likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:37 pm

Same exact room, same bed type and same exact 3-day free cancellation policy.

Shameful.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by shirlgirl
Same exact room, same bed type and same exact 3-day free cancellation policy.

Shameful.
Did they give a reason for the rejection?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Denied.
Cheapest Hilton rate was the member rate that included "twin or double bedding guaranteed" and Semi-Flex rate. The OTA, while cheaper, guaranteed bedding but was prepaid.

I'm surprised a property cannot offer prepaid through the Hilton platform, but can through OTAs? Disappointed.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
I was denied the “Price Match Guarantee” because they “couldn’t find the rate”… I sent the exact link and a screenshot, but they continued to reject the claim. Shame on Hilton.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Called and had nustay.com matched no questions asked. Only snafu was that the all-in price was originally matched to the pre-tax price (meaning the discount was incorrect), but that was fixed within 90 seconds. Friendly rep said there was a new system that still had a couple of kinks. Saved about $60 in seven minutes.6.7.0
Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:42 pm

I've done three price matches totally seamlessly, super easy. Just tried to do one and denied because of the cancelation policy difference (the third party had a better cancellation policy and better price..come on Hilton). I've never encountered this and I wonder if the other matches had the same cancelation policy or the agent just didn't look. Seems like maybe the ladder? I am looking and it seems impossible to find the same exact terms on a room now. Ugh. I knew it was too easy before!!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yeah, they're not typically consistent. One will process without question, the next one seems identical and they'll come up with a ridiculous excuse.

I had 10 in a row approved last year, but just haven't needed to book anything for a long time. (Although I have looked around a little, and have not had luck in finding lower prices elsewhere for the dates and locations I need.)
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Just had another successful one though initially rejected.

Trip.com sold the room as "Deluxe - King or 2 Queen" with Hilton (selling both at the same price) arguing that's not the same as being able to choose. In the end it was granted (with me telling them I don't care whether they put me onto a King or Queen room) as a "one time exception".

That makes it 4 out of 5 for me.
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:32 am

Terrible process calling the regular line on the website. Should've called the diamond desk directly.

The agent I spoke to at first didn't even want to entertain the price match and told me upfront that my price was the best and website that I mentioned didn't have a flexible cancellation policy, etc.
I clearly know that there was, so I told him to send me to a supervisor.

Then he asked me what website I was looking at again so that he can verify this - clearly indicative that he didn't even try at first.
Then he quoted an insanely high rate that was double that was on Hilton.com as the price that he saw (100% intentional and untruthful).
I insisted on going to a supervisor because I wasn't going to tolerate anymore of that rubbish.

Went to a supervisor who wasn't any better and clearer at the instructions on doing a price match.
However, she was slightly more patient, but insistent on her ways.

First, she insisted that Agoda was a members-only website and a login was required to process any bookings.
Fought back and suddenly it wasn't a blacklisted website, then she decided to go get the steps to perform the booking/price match (screenshots and etc. that Hilton requires).
More patience with the agent...taught her how to get on the website....and finally after 45 minutes on the phone, got it matched.

Overall, price matching on the phone was a terrible first-time.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by Yunnnn; Mar 3, 2020 at 10:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.