Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:07 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Not necessarily:
On-property benefits are not awarded in the following circumstances:

Reservations booked through a non-Hilton Worldwide-direct booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel, Rates available on “opaque” websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made, or Third party hotel packages or travel packages not booked through one of the eligible channels.
If the rate for booking direct was not much higher than indirect, the OP would pay for dinner, get free breakfast with status, upgrade, and a lot of points, but the indirect rate already includes breakfast and dinner.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
If the price match went through, OP would save £839. Which I would assume is a very good hourly, even for FT standards
I would not sit on the phone for 7 hours, even at a rate of 100 pounds per hour. Even if I am earning less than that, the annoyance and added frustration is not worth it. But I am crotchety.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
If the price match went through, OP would save £839. Which I would assume is a very good hourly, even for FT standards
While true, the price match didn't go through. Personally, if I didn't know anything about the general futility of hotel price match programs, I'd be willing to spend an hour trying to save that much money. But, once I reached hour 2 or 3 (probably sooner), I'd start to realize that I was facing a Kafkaesque challenge that was not likely to garner success.

That said, I'm not faulting the OP. Everyone values their money and their time differently. Additionally, some people are more combative than others. Plus, there's something quite satisfying about winning a moral victory when faced with unfair circumstances. (And I have no doubt that this hotel has set up their third party rates unfairly in order to get about the Price Match requirements.)
PaulH1 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: VA Gold
I think things tend to go a bit smoother if you are using a well known OTA such as Expedia, or Hotels.com.

But I sympathise with you OP, as I would probably have done similar in your circumstances. That is a lot of money (and I like to get the bargain).
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
trip.com

Has anyone had an issue with getting a BRG from trip.com ?
I've booked with this site before, and it does instantly confirm bookings.
Has anyone managed to escalate this type of rejection?
The price difference in my case is material:
Hilton.com: 352 NZD
trip.com: 268 NZD

Regrettably, the third party site
au.trip.com does not immediately confirm reservations, which means the room may not be available at the time of booking. This renders the site ineligible per the terms and conditions:

Certain types of prices will not qualify for the Price Match Guarantee if they have other restrictions or limitations on how they are displayed or booked. For example, prices do not qualify if they are on websites that don't disclose the brand or hotel until the reservation is made (like Hotwire and Priceline), or are on auction websites, or are for the hotel component of a package booking, or are for bookings that don't provide an immediate confirmation, or are not available to the general public (like member rates, negotiated rates and team member rates), or require a login, credit card number or a code to see, or if they are on websites that don't have the ability to book a reservation, or are for reservations that are not authorized to be transferred (like a guest "reselling" a confirmed reservation), or are on websites or Apps that are in an unsupported language, or are applicable to only a portion of your entire stay, or are for reservations made within 24 hours of the hotel's standard check-in time on your day of arrival.

I regret to inform that we are unable to honor your Price Match Guarantee claim due to the site’s lack of immediate confirmation. Should you need further assistance regarding this matter, please reply to this email and we will respond within 72 hours.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by brooding

au.trip.com does not immediately confirm reservations, which means the room may not be available at the time of booking. This renders the site ineligible per the terms and conditions:

Certain types of prices will not qualify for the Price Match Guarantee if they have other restrictions or limitations on how they are displayed or booked. For example, prices do not qualify if they are on websites that don't disclose the brand or hotel until the reservation is made (like Hotwire and Priceline), or are on auction websites, or are for the hotel component of a package booking, or are for bookings that don't provide an immediate confirmation, or are not available to the general public (like member rates, negotiated rates and team member rates), or require a login, credit card number or a code to see, or if they are on websites that don't have the ability to book a reservation, or are for reservations that are not authorized to be transferred (like a guest "reselling" a confirmed reservation), or are on websites or Apps that are in an unsupported language, or are applicable to only a portion of your entire stay, or are for reservations made within 24 hours of the hotel's standard check-in time on your day of arrival.

I regret to inform that we are unable to honor your Price Match Guarantee claim due to the site’s lack of immediate confirmation. Should you need further assistance regarding this matter, please reply to this email and we will respond within 72 hours.
Would be interested to know why trip/ctrip.com are not included. Same as the Marriott BRG where this website is specifically mentioned as not eligible for BRG.

Wouldn't it be more effective for Hilton/Marriott to ban their properties for signing up to this website since it's just like any other OTA ?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by brooding

The agent is incorrect. CTrip is specifically named as an authorized BRG OTA, and Trip is merely the rebranding of CTrip. However, some reservations do indeed not confirm right away when you book with them (not many, but usually the deep discount rates). And it is specific in the terms that the confirmation needs to be automatic.

In any case, I’d call the Hilton Diamond desk to help you.
RafKa likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:52 pm

Just done a hotels.com price match on the phone - Hilton was showing €450, hotels.com was €370, I got it through Hilton for €280. The whole process took 5 minutes!
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by just_starting
Just done a hotels.com price match on the phone - Hilton was showing €450, hotels.com was €370, I got it through Hilton for €280. The whole process took 5 minutes!
OK, this just sounds impossible. Are you trolling us?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: QF Gold
If a property has all rooms as either King or twin King, yet the third party either doesn't specify bed type or says "double" anyone been successful with a match?

Seeing a rate 25% cheaper on many OTA's, yet it says "double or twin" standard room or "standard room"

Hilton site "King Standard room", "king deluxe room", etc
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: QF Gold
Called up!

I see a rate of 88 eur a night vs hilton 110 a night. Can I BRG please?

Umm, sir i only see 88 USD a night on that site.

Ok so please use 88 USD a night for the BRG

sir I cannot, as I see 88 USD but you told me you see 88 EUR.

It's 88 eur or $97 USD,
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Erm no? What exactly sounds impossible to you here?

​​​​​
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by just_starting
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Good for him! He just got a rep who knew what they were doing. Probably handled several BRGs so the rep was an expert at it. I had a BRG that took 10 min to process over the phone. I told that rep that I was amazed at her speed. She said that's because she regularly processes them, lol.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
The Diamond Desk seems much better at processing these than the regular desk fwiw
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
The Diamond Desk seems much better at processing these than the regular desk fwiw
Yes, I agree with this fully. I always ask the Diamond Desk to process my BRGs. The regular HH help desk is Hell on Earth regarding these claims.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.