Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 12, 19, 3:44 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hotturnip
Wiki Link
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 04, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: up in the air

Posts older than 2017 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 24, 17 at 3:57 am
Old Jan 2, 17, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by thatguy47 View Post
I submitted my claim for reservation #81525859 on Saturday and still no response... Hope someone from Hilton here can help me.
I just got an email today that my claim was accepted. Thanks Hilton for following up on this. A Hilton representative contacted me by email after reading my post on Flyertalk.
Old Jan 3, 17, 5:12 am

Like others, just hoping a Hilton rep on the site can get my BRG claim moving along.

Our booking is still a while out, so we still have time - I prefer booking direct given my HHonors status, but if Hilton won't match the price then I'll book the lower price before it disappears!

Booking reference #309752359

Thanks

----

Sent an email across as it seems like the form is still unavailable and received a reply.

Unfortunately, the response was that an account was required to access the site - when there is clearly a guest check out option for the same price. Interestingly enough, since the rejection email the price on the website seems to magically match the Hilton rate...

Waiting for the BRG to get back to me, given I've provided them with screenshots of the prior price and also screenshots to show that the price is readily accessible without an account.

Last edited by billbro; Jan 4, 17 at 7:17 pm Reason: Additional details
Old Jan 5, 17, 12:25 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Been way over 24 hours for me now and I have not heard anything back from Hilton in regards to my price match. Sort of a big joke really as clearly they are not doing this.

I checked my other price again today on Hotels.com and it's still half the price for the stay i'm holding for the exact same room with Hilton.com.

Over $600 USD in difference for the stay.
Old Jan 5, 17, 3:54 pm

I have still heard nothing for the claim I made last year.

I will be chasing this up with the Chat Team Lead who emailed saying I would be contacted within 3-5 days
Old Jan 5, 17, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by southsidesilver View Post
Been way over 24 hours for me now and I have not heard anything back from Hilton in regards to my price match. Sort of a big joke really as clearly they are not doing this.

I checked my other price again today on Hotels.com and it's still half the price for the stay i'm holding for the exact same room with Hilton.com.

Over $600 USD in difference for the stay.
They will probably get back to you once the price has been adjusted - I've been denied because you need to put in an email for a guest check out apparently (no need to sign up, full price is shown, you just need to enter an email address as part of the guest check out)...

Interestingly enough, the price has now reverted to the hilton price after I've been denied the match.
Old Jan 6, 17, 1:46 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
They will probably get back to you once the price has been adjusted - I've been denied because you need to put in an email for a guest check out apparently (no need to sign up, full price is shown, you just need to enter an email address as part of the guest check out)...

Interestingly enough, the price has now reverted to the hilton price after I've been denied the match.
So they did get back to me and said the price on hotels.com was now $161 per night and that I was holding a cheaper rate with them.

So it was denied, So i went back to hotels.com and pulled it up again, after clearing my cache to be sure.

once again I get the same price again of $99 per night at the same hotel, same room.

I just don't want to waste anymore time on this, I had held the hotels.com price originally when I saw it and will just use that one.
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:55 pm

Mini grumble about something related to the BRG (I didn't want to start a whole new post).

I have a $50 gift card from Hilton, presumably from a Best Price Guarantee from back when these were offered. I tried to use this at a Hilton hotel in the UK the other day, and it didn't work so I ended up paying using my own card for the full rate. Usually these $US cards do work in GB£ or Euro with a bit of fiddling at the desk, but we had no luck.

I phoned up the number on the back of the gift card for the balance- there is still the full $50 remaining. I emailed Hilton with all the details from the gift card and they said that the card needs returning for a replacement. Fine, fair enough.

Annoyingly, they want me to pay for it to be returned using a tracking service. Sending from the UK to the US, it will cost around £8 with the minimum effort (i.e. dropping it off at a UK Post Office): . Such a cost wipes out approximately 20% of the value of the gift card. I asked if they'd cover the cost or offer any gesture given that they sent an 'broken' gift card - they refused.

It also took me three emails to find out the address of where to return the gift card. Each time, the email ended with "Please mail the card back to us". At least, that is what it was supposed to read but there were spelling mistake ridden all over the email!

Anyway, grumble over. Had four good stays in the past week within the UK and the US. However, the central customer service gets in the way of those good stays. For the stay I tried to use the gift card at, I had emailed one of the hotel managers immediately after the stay to let them know about a great stay, the great staff at the hotel. However, positive sentiment is wiped out (or at least affected) by then dealing with central Hilton customer services.
Old Jan 9, 17, 8:58 am

I too feel like I am in purgatory.
My Best Rate Guarantee seems to have gone into the Black Hole.
It has been over 96 hours and no word back or even validation that the claim was received.
Hilton.... can you help research this and get it taken care of?
I am going to Puerto Rico on Saturday (Las Casitas) and would like to know the status.

Thanks,
Old Jan 9, 17, 1:02 pm

Is there any help here with BRG?

I'm in need of one for Luxembourg - February 4th to February 5th...I can't seem to find any better (cancelable) rate than the one at Hilton itself...
Old Jan 10, 17, 8:56 am

Hi

On Sunday (1.09pm) we booked 3 rooms for 16 nights at a Hilton Hotel via the Hilton app. Later on in the day we found out the price had decreased not only on the app but also on Expedia.

We submitted the BRG claim at 12.05pm on Monday, using the Expedia site as the comparison.

We've received a rejection email today (Tues) at 3.05pm on the basis there was no availability on expedia. What utter drivel! I have checked and there is still availability!

I understand the price has increased again since, but why has it taken them 27 hrs too respond?

I am not at all happy with the games that Hilton are playing. Especially as i am a Diamond member.
Old Jan 12, 17, 2:22 am

Hilton are still rejecting my claim. I sent them some screenshots which I'd taken at the time to show my partner the price drop, but they weren't enough.

Really disappointed, as for the sake of a few hours, we're paying hundreds of pounds more, 3 rooms x 16 nights!

Surely, Hilton can see that even they dropped the price on their own site on that day...

Would be really grateful if anyone has any advice on if we can take this further, or if at a Hilton rep reading this can look into this further for us.

What point is there in offering the guarantee only if the claim is submitted within 24 hours, as Hilton clearly take longer than 24 hours to verify and prices can increase as is evident in our case??
Old Jan 12, 17, 8:12 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Hi fpat123,

I sent you a private message to get more info on your claim.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Jan 14, 17, 9:57 pm

Over 24 hours no response no email no call...

HI guys,

same problem here. Booked thru HH app. Found lower rate on two websites. Did the online claim form. Got no response at all. called Customer care.They said they would escalate but still nothing at all dont want to miss out on the rate on the other website waiting on BRG... booking 3313594638
Old Jan 15, 17, 4:41 am

There seems to be some issue with the new claim form (since the change to 25% additional discount). It often doesn't actually log a case. I've had a recent "ignored" BRG resolved by e-mailing HH.

Search this Thread