Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Corby/Kettering {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
GYM- it's good, not great but good ( will upload some photos)........ 2 x treadmill a bike and X trainer......some free weights, bench and pulling rack.
I had quite a big session in there, just myself and another guy....water and sweat towels provided.

Now off next door for dinner......will report back!
Now back from the weatherspoons next door, it's not exactly fine dining but I had the steak @£13-20 with a pint of kronnenberg ......to be honest it was really good, I've paid a lot more in London for inferior steak.
Considering the hotel is sold out it's very quiet, just me and one other guy here in the bar.......now about to retire, in the morning I may go for a run in the gym then breakfast...... will report back!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Now back from the weatherspoons next door, it's not exactly fine dining but I had the steak @£13-20 with a pint of kronnenberg ......to be honest it was really good, I've paid a lot more in London for inferior steak.
Considering the hotel is sold out it's very quiet, just me and one other guy here in the bar.......now about to retire, in the morning I may go for a run in the gym then breakfast...... will report back!
Slept rubbish, bed was comfy and very firm indeed but the pillows are like marshmallows, very soft .....I tossed and turned all night.
Just popped downstairs to grab a coffee ontake back to room, industrial coffee machine dispensing mediocre cuppachino that definitely needs an extra shot!, seemed fairly quiet, it's 7-10am.
Now off to gym and then breakfast......will report back!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:24 am
Original Poster

........forgot to mention, shower in room is actually quite good, not overly powerful but plenty of room and I like the toiletries too.
Now finishing breakfast with another mediocre coffee, however the offerings are very good.
Hot plates and the hot food is piping hot and tasty....There is a waffle machine too......I thought breakfast was very good here for a Hampton.
Now about to pack at drive across to doubletree Cambridge belfry.......will report back with conclusion.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

........forgot to mention, shower in room is actually quite good, not overly powerful but plenty of room and I like the toiletries too.
Now finishing breakfast with another mediocre coffee, however the offerings are very good.
Hot plates and the hot food is piping hot and tasty....There is a waffle machine too......I thought breakfast was very good here for a Hampton.
Now about to pack at drive across to doubletree Cambridge belfry.......will report back with conclusion.
Checked out swiftly with no issues.

CONCLUSION- I don't stay in many Hamptons but I felt this offers good value I paid £38 & 10k points, I'm aware it was much cheaper a few years back but I'm happy with price and place, of course its nothing amazing but a solid product that delivers.....the only issue is the very soft pillows and there was a few hairs in the shower, that aside it was fine, I would suggest OLCI to a room on top floor away from lift, mine was 239 , would happily stay again.

ROOM NO - 239

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree Cambridge belfry ( I'm here now )
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:02 am

Slept rubbish, bed was comfy and very firm indeed but the pillows are like marshmallows, very soft .....I tossed and turned all night!
Thats probably my one and only issue with the Hampton brand.

the beds are great but those pillows are shocking.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20

Thats probably my one and only issue with the Hampton brand.

the beds are great but those pillows are shocking.
I hardly ever stay in Hamptons but absolutely spot on , they were shockingly bad, wish I packed my own!...... and yes the bed was very firm but personally I like that.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Booked here for next week... noticed that the rate is £6 higher if booking for 2 people rather than 1!

First time I've seen this happening in the UK - will use second guest free benefit of course

Rates at the nearby MK, Northampton, Leicester, Coventry are also rock bottom (except Cambridge) but err.. need to do something in the area very early in the morning, and a 10 minute drive beats a 30 minute one, especially before breakfast!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by :D!
Booked here for next week... noticed that the rate is £6 higher if booking for 2 people rather than 1!

First time I've seen this happening in the UK - will use second guest free benefit of course

Rates at the nearby MK, Northampton, Leicester, Coventry are also rock bottom (except Cambridge) but err.. need to do something in the area very early in the morning, and a 10 minute drive beats a 30 minute one, especially before breakfast!
Doesn't sound right.

​​​​​​Can't say, I ever check it. Maybe I should.

Would love to know what they say if ask them.

​​​​​
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!

It’s a very good hampton to be honest, my last stay I had a steak in the weatherspoons next door and it was actually pretty good , apparently the top floor room 222 or 333 is the one to get if you can , it is bigger.
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had a booking here when the kids set fire to the side!
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

It’s a very good hampton to be honest, my last stay I had a steak in the weatherspoons next door and it was actually pretty good , apparently the top floor room 222 or 333 is the one to get if you can , it is bigger.
I would never book it as a cricketer as 111 is Nelson and unlucky 😂 😂
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:58 am
Original Poster

I’m here Thursday night, not stayed for a couple of years so will be interesting to see if much has changed....I did hear there was a fire here a while back but that was pre covid.
Book highest category room so no upgrade opportunities , I’m here purely to get stay credit and do some geocaching/ walking in the area.....should arrive around 3pm.
Holla back if anyone wants me to check on anything whilst I’m here...... will do my usual live reporting ...cheers.

Last edited by wizla; Jul 13, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I’m here Thursday night, not stayed for a couple of years so will be interesting to see if much has changed....I did here there was a fire here a while back but that was pre covid.
Book highest category room so no upgrade opportunities , I’m here purely to get stay credit and do some geocaching/ walking in the area.....should arrive around 3pm.
Holla back if anyone wants me to check on anything whilst I’m here...... will do my usual live reporting ...cheers.
The fire was probably 3 or 4 years ago. I was there at the time.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:34 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Didn't get to see much of the hotel when I stayed last week, my evening activity overran so I arrived late, slept 2 hours then my morning activity overran so I had to get the grab&go breakfast (tiny muffin, tiny yoghurt, tiny apple, tiny banana and tiny juice) and leave again.

Got accosted by a drunk guest arriving at the same time as me but his wife pulled him away. Digital key needed to be reapproved by the front desk for some reason.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

@ Gentle Giant - I think I remember you posting about it now thinking back.

@ D! That sounds awful... I’ve seen some idiots before on my travels.....bloody annoying!....I’m not too fussed about breakfast, there is a weatherspoons next door which does a pretty good breakfast wrap.

Last edited by wizla; Jul 13, 2021 at 1:49 pm Reason: Additional information added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.