Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Stayed in the Conrad a couple years back. Best food I've ever had in a Hilton properly lounge. Breakfast buffet was nice, but afternoon snacks and the evening food was off the charts. Very impressed.
PaulH1 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I don’t know what it is specifically about Bangkok?
Nothing. The oddity is expecting properties to confirm a suite upgrade in advance, particularly if you're not a repeat guest.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:06 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Stayed in the Conrad a couple years back. Best food I've ever had in a Hilton properly lounge. Breakfast buffet was nice, but afternoon snacks and the evening food was off the charts. Very impressed.
If you compare to North American lounges, then yes. But within Bangkok, there are lots of very good and in my opinion better lounges in other chains for example Athenee (Luxury Collection), Grand Hyatt, Marriott Marquis, just to name a few.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Nothing. The oddity is expecting properties to confirm a suite upgrade in advance, particularly if you're not a repeat guest.
I have been top tier Hilton & Marriott for about 10 years. Not once have I been pre upgraded to a suite for free. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:29 am

If you really want something, then paying for it is the only guaranteed option.
NoY, MSPeconomist, Often1 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I have been top tier Hilton & Marriott for about 10 years. Not once have I been pre upgraded to a suite for free. Am I doing something wrong?
Maybe with respect to your property choices in terms of geography. A good number of Asian, Middle Eastern, and European properties will bump you up, and the room type will visibly change on the reservation page in your account. But this would be a day or two before arrival, not immediately upon booking like the OP is talking about.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Another vote for the Millennium. I was there recently and had a wonderful experience. I found the lounge breakfast and appetizers to be excellent. The views and outside bar are incredible.

NoY likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:14 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Ne

Originally Posted by templar42
Sitting as I am in the Renaissance KL lounge, this is a very apt description of the afternoon tea here too!

In fairness, the Conrad BKK is also no slouch at scones with cream and jam.

Next time try The Lounge at Le Meridien.One of the Best 4 Star Hotel Lounges in The World.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by passy777
If you really want something, then paying for it is the only guaranteed option.
I guess indirectly. Diamond members are guaranteed lounge access regardless of the room type.

There's another way the OP can get access. Sleep with a diamond member. ;-)
eddibabyyeah likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Went with Conrad. Thanks for everyone’s feedback.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
There's another way the OP can get access. Sleep with a diamond member. ;-)
but then the OP wouldn't get the stay credit!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
As a former Gold (now Silver), I really wouldn't worry about it.

I booked a room only deal the last week for six days. As a lowly Silver, I was not offered any free breakfast. Breakfast in Flow is 770 Bht but you can eat much better on 4th floor of IconSiam for half that price next door if you can be bothered to walk there.

I do not really like IconSiam but you will eat very well there. Even if you pop to Hilton 360 once or twice and pay for it, I am not sure the Executive Lounge is all that or will save you much...
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Everyone here is missing out on the real best lounge in Bangkok. Marriott Marquis Queens Park. Blows all other lounges out of the water ! They even have a live cooking station.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: delta nwa
I would not have thought of that. for $95 I think I could get what I want and still have a card for the rest of the year. Same as paying for the room upgrade. Good tip. Tks.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: delta nwa
you make a good point. I had not actually priced exec rooms, but assumed it was more than that. Another poster recommends the credit card for $95 per year to get gold status. Both tips are good. Tks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.