Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You can't go wrong with the Conrad Bangkok. Well within your budget and there is a very nice large pool.

Last edited by SK AAR; May 6, 2018 at 12:11 am
Old May 9, 2018, 3:55 pm
pjs

Hi all - HH Diamond with a cancellable 2 night reservation at the Conrad in July (during construction apparently) for 4300B per night. Millenium is pricing at 3230B per night (apparently also with construction). Given we only have one full day to see the sites near the river, I'm thinking about switching. However, on that day we also have a late reservation at Gaggan which is walking distance to the Conrad. Hilton Sukhumvit at 3895B or Doubletree at 3135B are also options given their proximity to the BTS. Looking for some help from someone who has been to Bangkok for some guidance on which is the best option. Not too bothered about an upgrade as we will get free breakfast and lounge access anyway. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
If you are worried about the construction then the Hilton is a good location as just down the road from Phrom Pong BTS which can get you down to Gaggan and then also to Saphan Taksin for the river/temples. I have stayed at both the DT and Hilton and certainly prefer the Hilton.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:13 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
If you are worried about the construction then the Hilton is a good location as just down the road from Phrom Pong BTS which can get you down to Gaggan and then also to Saphan Taksin for the river/temples. I have stayed at both the DT and Hilton and certainly prefer the Hilton.
Thanks - looks like its an easier ride to/from the airport as well.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
At the Hilton, if traffic is bad you have two ways out either onto Sukhumvit or Rama 4 to pick up the expressway.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by pjs
Hi all - HH Diamond with a cancellable 2 night reservation at the Conrad in July (during construction apparently) for 4300B per night. Millenium is pricing at 3230B per night (apparently also with construction). Given we only have one full day to see the sites near the river, I'm thinking about switching. However, on that day we also have a late reservation at Gaggan which is walking distance to the Conrad. Hilton Sukhumvit at 3895B or Doubletree at 3135B are also options given their proximity to the BTS. Looking for some help from someone who has been to Bangkok for some guidance on which is the best option. Not too bothered about an upgrade as we will get free breakfast and lounge access anyway. Thanks!
If you only have 1 day and want to be along the river then the Millenium is by far the better choice. Different folks have different views about various aspects in the comparison Conrad/ Millenium, but you are very clear what your priorities are so there is no debate possible here. Enjoy!
Old May 9, 2018, 8:03 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by sbams
If you only have 1 day and want to be along the river then the Millenium is by far the better choice. Different folks have different views about various aspects in the comparison Conrad/ Millenium, but you are very clear what your priorities are so there is no debate possible here. Enjoy!
Thanks. The free ferry to the BTS made the decision for me in the end. Booked Millenium and hope that we are not bothered by the construction.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
comparison of 3 Bangkok properties

I am doing a Diamond challenge and needed to book separate nights so I tried out Conrad, Hiton Sukumvit and the Millenium

the suite upgrade at the Conrad was incredible, location is good and the lounge had quality offerings

the Milenium is a cool looking property in a quiet area along the river but not so easy to reach, the rooms were beat up and no upgrade, the lounge area was cool though, breakfast was good but I missed Happy Hour (this was least expensive hotel)

Sukumvit has nice decor but room was not upgraded but really liked the lounge, decent food and hand-mixed drinks, convenient location

normally I stay at the Intercontinental but surprisingly the Hilton properties offered better or similar value
Beano likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:34 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I really liked the Sukhumvit lounge, great staff!
the room upgrade was fake, aka broom closet with a bathrobe... The only difference I noticed was the Japanese bidet toilet seat in the "Premium" Room...
​​​​
#1son likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AC50K, HHonors Gold
I have only stayed at Millenium (several times), but I love the location on the river with a Hilton water taxi to the Chao Phraya river boat dock. The hotel is also able to arrange for a private long-tail river boat tour right from their own dock. The breakfast is more extensive in the main dining area (vs the Exec Lounge) and it's very impressive ... they cater to tourists from all over the world so whether you want fish, noodles, sushi, eggs, bacon, cheeses, breads, smoothies, cereals ... it's all there. The roof-top patio/bar is also something special.

I agree that the rooms are getting a bit tired.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:22 am

From my point of you, you can descirbe the three Hotels as followed:
- Milenium is for tourists and more like a 4 star hotel.
- Hilton Sukhumvit is for business guests - especially from Japan- and a 5 star hotel.
- Conrad is is for business guests - especially from the US - and a 5 star hotel.

The Conrad has the best lounge. The Milenium has the most spectacular location. The Hilton Sukhumvit is the nearest to a lot of massage shops.

At Conrad the Terrace Suite is something special. At Milenium it is very important to get a renovated room with a nice view. At Hilton Sukhumvit the room are close to be the same, if you are not used to you should try a room with a Japanese toilet seat.

Their upgrade policies are almost the same:
1. Sell the best rooms.
2. Give them away for paid upgrades.
3. Give them to regular guests.
4. Give them to DIA.
5. Give them to Gold.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:06 am

This is great timing, we are tying to decide between these three and the Intercontinental. We have a free night cert plus points so anybstay would be free. Each hotel seems to have its pluses and minuses. For a first time visit as tourists is here a clear winner or are they all good?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:56 am

As a tourist, I would say staying riverside (Millennium) is a big plus. You have easy access to the BTS sky train (which offers easy/traffic-free connections to all the best shopping), as well as easy access to the river taxi, which offers cheap and easy access to the tourist attractions (Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Royal Palace). Traffic in BKK is notorious and wretched, but it is also easy to avoid for tourists. Taxis are plentiful and very cheap, but that does not help in gridlock. The only downside is access to the airport (which is going to be an issue for any hotel not within walking distance to the Airport Rail Link). The free hotel ferry runs regularly all day long, connecting to the train and river taxi. BTW, if you take the river taxi, just pay on-board for each ride. The tourist day pass is a rip-off and the tourist boats are just about the same as then non-tourist boats. I found it enjoyable just to travel up and down the river on the taxis, getting off randomly and discovering new places off the beaten tourist path.

The Conrad is within walking distance to the metro, and the rooms are nicer; however, the location is a bit underwhelming. Personally, I found the lounge at the Millennium to be more than adequate (and who wants to waste very much time in a hotel lounge when on vacation anyway?) The breakfast overlooking the river was also one of the best spreads I have come across.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Millenium is a good choice for a 1st time tourist

I usually stay at Intercont which I think has a fabulous club lounge but prices were higher than either Hilton or Conrad

the Hilton Sukumvit lounge was the most fun for me, hand-made drinks and nice food + service
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by #1son
Millenium is a good choice for a 1st time tourist

I usually stay at Intercont which I think has a fabulous club lounge but prices were higher than either Hilton or Conrad

the Hilton Sukumvit lounge was the most fun for me, hand-made drinks and nice food + service
I stay often at the Doubletree, directly adjacent to the Hilton Sukhumvit (behind it.) Decent property though very popular with Chinese tour groups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.