Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Oh. Under renovation, not under construction. Now I understand. I can't see it being finished within a few more months from what I've read. Things go slow in the tropics
STILL? Geez, I thought it would be finished by the time I got there mid January when I booked in October. So much for a suite upgrade.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

STILL? Geez, I thought it would be finished by the time I got there mid January when I booked in October. So much for a suite upgrade.
Main entrance and public areas well behind. The rooms are a different company. 1st ones were due to be complete anytime now. Was a delay while they decided on the final layout. Started form top floors. You may still get Suite. Last couple times I went from a deluxe corner to deluxe suite
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I'll be in Bangkok for a quick 2 day trip (ideally on points, need to burn) end of January with the gf and and am looking at MH (40k), Conrad (40k), Sukhumvit (30k), or even DT (20k).
We care about bedding, nice views (=upgrades), breakfast, pool&gym, Diamond recognition (drinks by the pool?). Any up-to-date suggestions?
I'm leaning towards the Conrad, but not sure if it's a smart choice while renovation is still ongoing.
I want to mention that we'll be at the MH in a few months again, so some variation would be nice - unless it's the best choice anyhow.

Last edited by flockavelliFT; Jan 7, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I'll be in Bangkok for a quick 2 day trip (ideally on points, need to burn) end of January with the gf and and am looking at MH (40k), Conrad (40k), Sukhumvit (30k), or even DT (20k).
We care about bedding, nice views (=upgrades), breakfast, pool&gym, Diamond recognition (drinks by the pool?). Any up-to-date suggestions?
I'm leaning towards the Conrad, but not sure if it's a smart choice while renovation is still ongoing.
I want to mention that we'll be at the MH in a few months again, so some variation would be nice - unless it's the best choice anyhow.

Based on the points, Conrad by a mile. Best pool around, rooms great, even if you get a Deluxe Corner room this is still great and lounge is one of the best and excellent staff. Renovations are not an issue in my opinion.
Enjoy your stay which ever you choose
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:26 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I really like the Conrad but have never seen the value in using points for that stay @ 40,000/night. Cheap paid rates don't make it a good value IMO. I'm staying there again in Feb, points are only at 4 cents/dollar - I always look a for 6 cents or more these days so am paying for my stay.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:20 pm

OK thanks guys, Conrad it is!
Agreed on the bad points redemption value. Will book it during the current sale or may even try to BRG it.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:20 am

I definitely recommend Conrad. I did a month of research between the Sukhumvit and the others but overwhelmingly everyone says Conrad is the best in Bangkok.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just stayed at the Conrad Bangkok yesterday for 2 nights in a deluxe corner suite. In my opinion the room felt worn out, tired, and run down. Small things like the bed side tabletop was chipped badly and scratched, postcards had been scribbled on, the pamphlets in the room were more than well used and could use replacing, shelf for the TV leaning down. Needed a refreshing badly! Staff was great, EL was awesome along with the staff, especially Irene! Main lobby still under construction, so you have to enter via the Conrad Residence entrance. Going back to Bangkok tomorrow and will try the Waldorf this time.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just stayed the night at the Waldorf. i can say hands down this is much better than the Conrad. Great pool, excellent gym and spa, wonderful breakfast spread. Will definitely be back to stay again.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:53 am

Just finished a stay at the Conrad Bangkok. One of the best Hilton executive lounges (and rooms too) I’ve ever come across. I assume since it’s so close to the US, Australian, UK, Canadian, German etc etc etc embassies you have a lot of government workers with expense accounts ready to waste tax payer money. So I assume Hilton caters to this, makes a lot of money off their executive lounge, and that’s probably why the executive lounge is so good.

The dinner spread felt like an actual restaurant. They have a full staff seating guests, and it had hot entrees, soup, and even a sushi spread.

The breakfast was equally just as good if not bettter. If the executive lounge is the most important thing to you (as it is to me) then this is the place for you
:D! likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:19 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Oh. Under renovation, not under construction. Now I understand. I can't see it being finished within a few more months from what I've read. Things go slow in the tropics
Indeed, the new date is 28 February, 2019

In support of our commitment to deliver exceptional experiences to every guest every time, Conrad Bangkok will be partly renovated until 28 February, 2019. During this period some public areas will not be accessible.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Go for the Millennium Hilton for the romantic factor!

Pool overlooking the river
Breakfast at the river
Awesome views of Bangkok from every room
The newly opened ICONSIAM is next door & Klong San market on the other side.
Executive lounge on top floor

We celebrated Christmas 2017 at the Conrad and Christmas 2018 at the Millennium and have had multiple stays at both throughout the years. Both properties placed Christmas tree in our suite so our celebration would be complete. We placed kids' Christmas gifts under the trees and even got milk & cookies fr Santa as we do at home! The Conrad BTW is a very nice hotel, but it is a business hotel in a business area (Wireless Road).

Breakfast at FLOW by the river

Sunrise from the family Suite 28XX

The missus at the Executive lounge with river views.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Indeed, the new date is 28 February, 2019
Oh yeah, and regarding noise, the construction didn’t bother me at all. During the day you’d hear the occasional automatic screwdriver. But once the sun set, work was done and it was quiet. FWIW I was on the 29th floor.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Go for the Millennium Hilton for the romantic factor!.
Thanks, had a nice stay at the Millennium Hilton.
No real upgrade except for 22th floor, but nice hotel in excellent location. Also made use of the river shuttle.
Kalboz and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:48 am

Thanks, had a nice stay at the Millennium Hilton.
No real upgrade except for 22th floor, but nice hotel in excellent location. Also made use of the river shuttle.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the property

The rates are so cheap, we book suites outright to guarantee one and to avoid haggling over upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.