Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:44 pm

Does anyone know if the Conrad construction is renovation of rooms or something else? Sent an email to the hotel and waiting for a response.

Looking to make a booking the first week after the construction is over.

Thanks.

Last edited by akhenaton; Jun 3, 2018 at 4:44 pm Reason: forgot to add a point
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pjs
Hi all - HH Diamond with a cancellable 2 night reservation at the Conrad in July (during construction apparently) for 4300B per night. Millenium is pricing at 3230B per night (apparently also with construction). Given we only have one full day to see the sites near the river, I'm thinking about switching. However, on that day we also have a late reservation at Gaggan which is walking distance to the Conrad. Hilton Sukhumvit at 3895B or Doubletree at 3135B are also options given their proximity to the BTS. Looking for some help from someone who has been to Bangkok for some guidance on which is the best option. Not too bothered about an upgrade as we will get free breakfast and lounge access anyway. Thanks!
Hilton just announced an APAC 30% sale, and the Conrad is now offering 2,888 Baht rooms prepaid in July. You may want to reconsider. Amazing price assuming the construction isn't too bad.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:40 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hilton just announced an APAC 30% sale, and the Conrad is now offering 2,888 Baht rooms prepaid in July. You may want to reconsider. Amazing price assuming the construction isn't too bad.
Thanks. Best I saw for our dates for Conrad was 3250B which is basically what we're paying at the Hilton for a fully refundable rate (Hilton had a ~2900B non-refundable rate for a King for our dates but for ~$10/night I'll keep the flexibility.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pjs
Thanks. Best I saw for our dates for Conrad was 3250B which is basically what we're paying at the Hilton for a fully refundable rate (Hilton had a ~2900B non-refundable rate for a King for our dates but for ~$10/night I'll keep the flexibility.
Not to mention that there's value in time not spent going back and forth to a hotel that's not particularly near the Chao Phraya tourism sites.
pjs likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:45 pm
pjs

Just to follow up, I wasn't super impressed with the Millenium Hilton. As a Diamond, we had a nice exec floor room with a view over the North side (no IconSiam blocking us), but no suite upgrade. We found the lounge attendants and check-in staff to be rather cold and distant. We ate breakfast in the lounge one day and in the restaurant the other day. For some reason, I could get an iced coffee in the lounge but not in the restaurant ("it's not included" was the response), so I asked for a glass of ice and made my own. The only staff I interacted with that were pleasant, friendly and helpful were the concierges. There are a lot of choices in Bangkok, so I will stay somewhere else if I come back. There wasn't anything bad or worth complaining about, we just didn't feel all that welcome there.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by pjs
Just to follow up, I wasn't super impressed with the Millenium Hilton. As a Diamond, we had a nice exec floor room with a view over the North side (no IconSiam blocking us), but no suite upgrade. We found the lounge attendants and check-in staff to be rather cold and distant. We ate breakfast in the lounge one day and in the restaurant the other day. For some reason, I could get an iced coffee in the lounge but not in the restaurant ("it's not included" was the response), so I asked for a glass of ice and made my own. The only staff I interacted with that were pleasant, friendly and helpful were the concierges. There are a lot of choices in Bangkok, so I will stay somewhere else if I come back. There wasn't anything bad or worth complaining about, we just didn't feel all that welcome there.
That’s sad. I had the opposite experience with the lounge attendants. They all seemed very helpful (though the concierge wasn’t actually helpful, she did try). We didn’t eat breakfast there though as the buffet is fantastic. Drinks and hors d’ouvres were fine/good though. I thought the property was lovely, and the room was well appointed but tiny. I was there as a diamond, and think I got upgraded to the executive floor (this was a while ago), but I could care less about that if the room isn’t any better.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Not Built for Winter

That’s sad. I had the opposite experience with the lounge attendants. They all seemed very helpful (though the concierge wasn’t actually helpful, she did try). We didn’t eat breakfast there though as the buffet is fantastic. Drinks and hors d’ouvres were fine/good though. I thought the property was lovely, and the room was well appointed but tiny. I was there as a diamond, and think I got upgraded to the executive floor (this was a while ago), but I could care less about that if the room isn’t any better.
I stayed at the Millennium last weekend. The lounge was great, as always. But no upgrade for me, which was a bit disappointing as a Diamond who has stayed here maybe 15 times. The HH app was showing suites available to book, but when I inquired I was told there was nothing showing on the system and there was no upgrades available.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:25 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I stayed at the Millennium last weekend. The lounge was great, as always. But no upgrade for me, which was a bit disappointing as a Diamond who has stayed here maybe 15 times. The HH app was showing suites available to book, but when I inquired I was told there was nothing showing on the system and there was no upgrades available.
I even bid for an upgrade on the app when I checked in (it was all of $13) and they told me it was unsuccessful, which seems odd that it would sell within a few hours, but whatever, the view was still nice.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: hilton
Hilton Thailand April 19

I hope to book 3 weeks of Hiltons in April 19 and I am wondering when is the best time to get a deal on the best price, I know Hilton have a series of sales on and off all the time

Help happily received
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Payne
I hope to book 3 weeks of Hiltons in April 19 and I am wondering when is the best time to get a deal on the best price, I know Hilton have a series of sales on and off all the time

Help happily received
My suggestion would be to book at Refundable rate now or as soon as you see a rate that you are comfortable and then keep checking periodically to see if a sale is on or if the rate is reduced. This way you lock in a rate now and can get something better if it pops up.

I doubt anyone could say with certainty when the best prices are offered for a specific city/country/hotel.
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: hilton
great idea
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
According to loyaltylobby, there is a sale for Southeast Asia starting on September 17. The sale prices are typically good.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/12/...ptember-17-24/
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
not much of a sale, I booked Conrad Residences for late October and it was cheaper 6 weeks ago > THB 2800 nightly , no pre-pay

a great deal
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jbeckett
According to loyaltylobby, there is a sale for Southeast Asia starting on September 17

Originally Posted by #1son
not much of a sale,
Not much indeed. For a handful of hotels in Bangkok prices seem higher than normal.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Best Hilton Bangkok Executive Lounge

I’m trying to decide on which Hilton property to stay at in Bangkok between the Conrad, Hilton Sukhumvit, and the Millennium Hilton.

For whatever reason, Thailand Hiltons are the only place I’ve come across in the world who don’t upgrade diamonds before check-in. And yes I know technically it’s suppose to be at check-in, but every Hilton property I’ve stayed at across the world always has upgraded a diamond to a suite before check-in. All the Bangkok Hiltons seem like very good properties. So as of now all I care about is one thing: the executive lounge.

I want to choose the property that has the best Executive Lounge, meaning the best food offerings. I don’t care about the views or anything like that. Just which one has the best food offerings throughout the day. If anyone has some advice about Bangkok Hilton’s executive lounges I’d love to hear your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.