Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hilton Millennium vs Conrad Bangkok

Hello,

I'm in the process of booking my next vacations in Thailand. While in Bangkok I like to stay at Millennium for 2-3 nights. I like the hotel and especially the lounge.
I've looked for other hotels and another one for the same time frame which cost about the same as Millennium is Conrad Bangkok.
I never had the chance to stay in any Conrad hotel, so I don't know what to expect. Is the Conrad Bangkok as good as the Millennium?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I would rate the Conrad far superior to the Hilton. As a PLT we were upgraded to a massive suite. Lounge has a very extensive spread throughout the day. Highly recommended.
bwiadca likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I would rate the Conrad far superior to the Hilton. As a PLT we were upgraded to a massive suite. Lounge has a very extensive spread throughout the day. Highly recommended.
What is a PLT? Don't know that status for Hilton.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Baze
What is a PLT? Don't know that status for Hilton.
Undoubtedly ExpatSomchai meant to state that he is Hilton Diamond, as noted under his handle.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Indeed, the Conrad is much better than any Hilton in Bangkok; while it does not have the river views, overall service, rooms and lounge offerings are all much better.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Undoubtedly ExpatSomchai meant to state that he is Hilton Diamond, as noted under his handle.
Sorry, don't always read the pat yourself on the back stats on the left.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you all. I guess I will book my first Conrad stay
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't think we need a new thread for this.

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

NoY, eponymous_coward and :D! like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Baze
Sorry, don't always read the pat yourself on the back stats on the left.
Ohhh errr
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
Choosing between Hilton Phuket vs Hilton Hua Hin

Planning my SEA trip for this summer. I can choose to go to Phuket or Hua Hin. I've never been to either city. I understand there are separate threads for each of the Hilton property but there haven't been much activities on them. Curious to see if people prefer one over another, pros and cons. Things to do around each city and chances of Diamond getting upgraded. Any opinion/suggestion appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited by budumpst; Apr 29, 2018 at 9:18 am Reason: edit
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:36 am

This thread may answer a lot of your questions, esp posts 11-20 and 35+.

Hong Kong vs Bangkok/Pattaya
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Last week or so there was a Norwegian tourist attacked by a shark in Hua Hin (ankle/foot bite). The local authorities tried to write it off as cuts from jagged rocks, despite the victims insistent that it was a shark attach. Then the monks at the Temple at the end of the beach released videos of Bull Sharks congregating around the Temple shores. So add this to the jelly fish threat for the waters off Hua Hin. This won't deter me from visiting Hua Hin, I'm a beach lounger.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
This thread may answer a lot of your questions, esp posts 11-20 and 35+.

Hong Kong vs Bangkok/Pattaya
Sweet, thank you! I did come across this thread when it was first posted, but I didn't follow up then.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
Last week or so there was a Norwegian tourist attacked by a shark in Hua Hin (ankle/foot bite). The local authorities tried to write it off as cuts from jagged rocks, despite the victims insistent that it was a shark attach. Then the monks at the Temple at the end of the beach released videos of Bull Sharks congregating around the Temple shores. So add this to the jelly fish threat for the waters off Hua Hin. This won't deter me from visiting Hua Hin, I'm a beach lounger.
Sharks :< I love them but I'm afraid of them X'D
Old May 5, 2018, 12:27 pm

Hello can you suggest a family hotel in BKK. I am (or will be in July) gold. we are looking for nice hotel for 2 adults + 2 kids (13,9). BUdget is around 130-150€ night... kids would like to have pool....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.