Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I agree with the recommendation for the Millennium Hilton. It has the advantage of being close to the river, and there is a BTS station next to the pier on the other side of the river.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Most of the sights are down by the river to the Millenium is probably your best bet. As for Damnoen Saduak I would give it a wide birth personally. Really just a glorified tourist trap.

So you list should include;

Wat Po
Wat Arun
Wat Phra Kaew

Diner cruise up the river (recommend Shangri La Horizon) - Restaurant Horizon Cruise : International | Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok
NoY and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
We have two full days in Bangkok and want to maximize it and will be in the hotel as little as possible.
If you want to minimize time spent in boats or taxis I would say MH (boat) or Conrad (taxi) are best and personally I would save money and pick MH given that you won't spend any time in the hotel so why pay for Conrad, and as nice as Waldorf is, why pay extra to go there. Hilton Sukhumvit and DT are probably a bit further away but the difference is not enormous. MH has the extra advantage of having nice views by the river which is great for a first timer.
NoY and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:22 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Another Millennium Hilton vote!^
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:07 pm

going to be in Bangkok from Oct 27th to 31th and trying to see what would be the best hilton property to stay at since all seem to have some drawbacks. HM, DT, and hilton are all around the same price range that week and the conrad is about 40 usd more that week. I'm only hilton gold so not sure i would get that much benefit from staying at the Conrad. any advice would be helpful
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by drakethecake
going to be in Bangkok from Oct 27th to 31th and trying to see what would be the best hilton property to stay at since all seem to have some drawbacks. HM, DT, and hilton are all around the same price range that week and the conrad is about 40 usd more that week. I'm only hilton gold so not sure i would get that much benefit from staying at the Conrad. any advice would be helpful
Lots of discussion and mixed opinions, really boils down to location and what you want to do. If you want to be on the river then Millennium Hilton it is. If you want to be in town then it's the Conrad. I've stayed in all of them multiple times and now I go for the Conrad 100% of the time. It really is the sweet spot in terms of price, niceness, service, Honors benefits, upgrades, executive lounge, etc.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:38 pm

Does anyone know when the EL at the Conrad is supposed to be completed?

I enjoyed the experience on the top floor, but being in a windowless meeting room would have been disappointing...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by drakethecake
I will be visiting BKK again soon for a couple of nights and I am actually in the same dilemma after my very dissapointing stay at the Mil. Hilton a couple of months ago. Reading the reviews/feedback from other users of the other properties it seems that the Hilton group hotels in BKK area are quite bad compared to the Marriott group - which even at the CY, service and amenities were good. Might try out the DT if both cost and location close to a BTS station is reasonable.

Cheers!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Hiltons you recommend in Thailand

Hey what are some Hiltons in Thailand that you recommend?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I went to Thailand in July. Conrad Koh Samui for sure! I had an amazing stay there. I took a pass on the Hilton Phuket and chose to stay at the Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort instead. I was very happy with my choice.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
There is a thread precisely on this topic:

As for recommendations, what are you looking for? In Bangkok, a resort, rooms with a view, great pools, etc.?
JJeffrey, :D! and ichigen like this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I just got back from Bangkok. We loved the Waldorf. Spent one night paid in a two bed, three bath suite, and one night in a deluxe suite on points. Both rooms great, and the hotel is centrally located.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
All the Hilton properties in Thailand are nice hotels - Some are more posh / luxury than others but they are also more expensive, so it is really up to you how much you prefer to spend on hotels - but regardless of which hotel you choose you are almost guaranteed not to be disappointed. Of course you can't pay for Doubletree hotel and expect a Conrad or Waldorf property and service level, so as long as you set your expectations right, you will be fine/satisfied.

However, one word of wisdom: There are many great hotels in Thailand outside the Hilton group (and I would say with better value also) so don't restrict yourself to staying at Hilton hotels only.
kevino and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:01 am

Well, I'm not that optimistic anymore since I've got more disappoiting experiences in the last 12 months than in the 5 years before.

My ranking is as followed (only properties of Hilton group, where I've staid at.):
1. Conrad Koh Samui
2. Waldorf Astoria Bangkok
3. Conrad Bangkok
4. Hilton Pattaya
5. Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
6. Hilton Phuket
7 Hilton Hua Hin (refurbished)
8. Millennium Hilton Bangkok (not refurbished)

4-8 are very close to each other.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Another vote for the Bangkok WA. Stayed at The Conrad Bangkok, The Millenium, and the Hilton Sukhumvit in the month of January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.