Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 5:20 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gav0106
Just beware they are building a new tall building beside the Hilton and it is noisy. Make sure you get a room facing away from the BTS station side.
I was there in Feb and didn’t notice anything, must have gotten the good side without knowing I wanted it!
Old May 10, 2019, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

You can just see the new building now on google maps
Old May 11, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by gav0106
Just beware they are building a new tall building beside the Hilton and it is noisy. Make sure you get a room facing away from the BTS station side.
I didn't notice this 2 weeks ago. My room was facing soi 24.
Old May 11, 2019, 1:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Where are they not building a tall new building in Bangkok?
restlessinRNO and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
I’ve been reading this previous threads on the different Hilton’s in BKK.

All of the topics seem to focus on upgrades, suites, lounge.

I am looking for a recommendation on which Hilton has the best LOCATION for an active 2 days.

We are going to sleep in the hotel and that’s it. Could careless about the upgrades, lounge etc.
I am a diamond member so if they upgrade me I will happily accept but it had no bearing on my decision.

Things we want to do in our 2 days in Bangkok.

See the sights (cultural)
Anything really special or must sees you thought were special.
Floating market (I understand this isn’t in Bangkok)

Would be nice to go to hotel after being out all day, change clothes and walk to dinner before heading to bed.

We have two full days in Bangkok and want to maximize it and will be in the hotel as little as possible.

Thanks

Last edited by Shadowfactor; May 25, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 5:20 pm

Hilton Bangkok Suggestions for active vacation.

I’ve been reading this previous threads on the different Hilton’s in BKK.

All of the topics seem to focus on upgrades, suites, lounge.

I am looking for a recommendation on which Hilton has the best LOCATION for an active 2 days.

We are going to sleep in the hotel and that’s it. Could careless about the upgrades, lounge etc.
I am a diamond member so if they upgrade me I will happily accept but it has no bearing on my decision.

Things we want to do in our 2 days in Bangkok.

See the sights (cultural)
Anything really special or must sees you thought were special.
Floating market (I understand this isn’t in Bangkok)

Would be nice to go to hotel after being out all day, change clothes and walk to dinner before heading to bed.

We have two full days in Bangkok and want to maximize it and will be in the hotel as little as possible.

if you have a different hotel suggestion (non Hilton) that’s a better fit for my 2 days. Please suggest it.
Thanks
Old May 26, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Several good options really. If you want to be in the center of it all, Sukhumvit is best to be in the downtown hustle and bustle. The millennium hilton is on the river and closer to the cultural sites and the brand new luxury mall. Both really solid options. The waldorf astoria and conrad locations are slightly less good. I much prefer to stay on Sukhumvit to any other area in BKK because of access to public transport.

That being said, I stay at the Park Hyatt (which does not get glowing reviews here) and do not stay in Hiltons in BKK anymore.

The marriott marquis is a solid choice with a good location and is very reasonable.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There are already multiple Bangkok threads, including DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}.
Jaimito Cartero and :D! like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There are already multiple Bangkok threads, including DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}.
ive read them but as mentioned at the beginning of my thread they all focus on other aspects and don’t paint a clear picture of the best base for sightseeing
Old May 26, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
Several good options really. If you want to be in the center of it all, Sukhumvit is best to be in the downtown hustle and bustle. The millennium hilton is on the river and closer to the cultural sites and the brand new luxury mall. Both really solid options. The waldorf astoria and conrad locations are slightly less good. I much prefer to stay on Sukhumvit to any other area in BKK because of access to public transport.

That being said, I stay at the Park Hyatt (which does not get glowing reviews here) and do not stay in Hiltons in BKK anymore.

The marriott marquis is a solid choice with a good location and is very reasonable.
I’ve seen some posts here and there that mention that the BTS doesn’t make stops by the cultural sights ?

Whats your impression of that ?
If the above is true and BTS doesn’t make those stops what’s the advantage of being close to public transport ?
Old May 26, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor

I’ve seen some posts here and there that mention that the BTS doesn’t make stops by the cultural sights ?

If the above is true and BTS doesn’t make those stops what’s the advantage of being close to public transport ?
It's true that the BTS does not, the MRT will get you closer though. The big advantage of being close to the BTS line is that the traffic in bangkok can be extreme and it makes getting anywhere but the old historic tourist sites many times faster. There are areas of the city you are going to have to taxi to no matter where you stay, but it's better to be near public transport because it gives you options. After you have had to sit in gridlock for 4 hours once or twice you learn to seek out public transport at times.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM

The BTS train lines do not go close to cultural sites, such as the Grand Palace, Wat Pho or Wat Arun. Staying at the Millennium Hilton and taking the boat is best for these visits. The BTS is helpful for getting around in central Bangkok.
NoY likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:53 pm

ive read them but as mentioned at the beginning of my thread they all focus on other aspects and don’t paint a clear picture of the best base for sightseeing
Really? Because that exact question has been repeatedly addressed. The Millenium is typically recommended for first time visitors as most of the temples are best accessed via the river.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
The questions is what are "the sights" of Bangkok? If only talking about the Grand Palace there are more or less no options to get there by public transport - so the Millennium Hilton will do it. But once you are at your hotel there is really close to nothing you can do. If you want to explore the city all other Hiltons are the better option. And it is still easy to get to the Grand Palace (by train and boat without the risk of bad traffic).
Old May 27, 2019, 2:00 am
Suspended

Stating you ‘could care less’ about upgrades, etc actually means you care about them.

Perhaps you meant you ‘Couldn’t care less’?

They have completely different meanings.
Zinzan, NoY and :D! like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.