Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I'm at the Millennium for a stay in early 2018 because I want to take a friend to the temples and it was by far the CHEAPEST Hilton option (even cheaper than the DT my dates), and a good price (17k Hilton points a night).

I don't think I would pay a $30 USD/night premium though. That is a fair amount of cash in a market when $100-120 USD gets you a very good four to five star business hotel most of the time. IMO Bangkok is a market where the "elite status so must stay loyal" tax doesn't get you as much as other places. I am usually very willing to stray from American chains there.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by lss250
I'm currently grappling with this decision too. I'll be a first time visitor to Bangkok and going as a tourist this winter. I was leaning towards the Millennium Hilton for reasons others have listed in this thread (mostly location), but it's $30/night more than the Conrad. Do you all think that price difference is worth it?

FWIW I'm HH Gold, but am fine with no upgrade and/or no lounge access as I'll hopefully be spending most of my time outside the hotel. Breakfast is important but it sounds like both places do this reasonably well.
Normally, rates for Millennium Hilton are lower than Conrad. If rates are high at Millennium I would choose the Conrad any day (even without an upgrade - you need to book corner room for that). But for a first time visitor Millennium Hilton is great with impressing views of the river etc.

I would make a flexible reservation and wait for the next flash sale in Asia/Thailand (usually 40% off). I have seen basic room rates at Conrad as low as 2.500 ++ during the last flash sale (admittedly for low season; however some claim that there is no such thing for BKK properties)

Last edited by SK AAR; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:03 am
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by SK AAR

I would make a flexible reservation and wait for the next flash sale in Asia/Thailand (usually 40% off). I have seen basic room rates at Conrad as low as 2.500 ++ during the last flash sale (admittedly for low season; however some claim that there is no such thing for BKK properties)
This is definitely possible...
I currently have reservations for the Millennium at 2400++ and for the Conrad at 2900++ for October but there were also a few dates (that weren't convenient for me) for much lower rates at the time of booking.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: Amex Delta Skymiles,One World,Star Alliance,Air China Phoenix Skyteam.
I have stayed at both. Conard has the best Club lounge bye far. Breakfast, all day snacks and evening drinks and dinner for me lots of different kinds of food. Conrad is also connected to a mall. I like the Millenium better for the location it has a free river boat to the main docks and Sky train.
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Conrad wins, handily.
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:53 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If the Conrad is cheaper I really don't see any reason to stay at the Millenium.

Location-wise, with the Millenium either you spend an extra 30-40 minutes on the boat or waiting for it every time you leave the hotel, or you have to get a taxi and drive in a loop to get across the river. The view is nice, but you only need to look at it once.

Lounge-wise, there is so much cheap food everywhere so not that important.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Are the Conrad and Conrad Residences in Bangkok considered separate properties?

I'm looking at doing a mileage run to Bangkok, and figured I might as well mattress run while there (at least 2 stays, maybe more).

If I did a night at the Conrad then check-out, and check-in for one at the Residences, would it count as 2 stays?

Alternatively, I could do the Doubletree and Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, as they back up to each other. But oddly, the Conrad and Conrad Residences both have good rates for the dates I'm looking at.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by aztimm
Are the Conrad and Conrad Residences in Bangkok considered separate properties?

I'm looking at doing a mileage run to Bangkok, and figured I might as well mattress run while there (at least 2 stays, maybe more).

If I did a night at the Conrad then check-out, and check-in for one at the Residences, would it count as 2 stays?

Alternatively, I could do the Doubletree and Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, as they back up to each other. But oddly, the Conrad and Conrad Residences both have good rates for the dates I'm looking at.
Although attached, sharing the same address, and connected by a corridor, the Conrad Residences has its own entrance and front desk adjacent to Club 87+ nightclub (as I recall), but I am not sure you can access Conrad's club lounge: http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...-benefits.html

Also, I'd check with HH about earnings on Residences stays.

Bangkok's Conrad and the Residence offer a complimentary shuttle to Ploenchit BTS station. The Hilton Sukhumvit on Suk Soi 24 is a very short walking distance from Phrom Phong BTS Station and it's best accessed through the Emporium shopping mall. While the DT on Sukhumvit Soi 26 is a short 5-minute walk to the same station.

Either way, all 4 properties are nice - enjoy!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
A room at Conrad Residences does not allow you access to Conrad's executive lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Bangkok Thailand, 40th Bday Nov 9th. Which hotel and room?

All, I am flying into Bangkok Thailand at 12:40 a.m. on November 9th, the day I turned 40. I'm only in Bangkok for 24 hours and then I had to Koh Som where I am staying at the Conrad in a Royal Suite for the following three days.

Going back to Bangkok, if y'all would need to pick one Hilton branded hotel to stay in Bangkok for the night of November 9th what hotel would it be and why? I'm a pretty adventurous guy, all about the incredible downtown city views and love drop dead amazing pools. I'm a fan of indulging in the local libations and would like to be in a top-notch area for an amazing Bday experience.

​​​​​​Would anyone please mind to take some time to help me out with this quandary of a situation.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
All, I am flying into Bangkok Thailand at 12:40 a.m. on November 9th, the day I turned 40. I'm only in Bangkok for 24 hours and then I had to Koh Som where I am staying at the Conrad in a Royal Suite for the following three days.

Going back to Bangkok, if y'all would need to pick one Hilton branded hotel to stay in Bangkok for the night of November 9th what hotel would it be and why? I'm a pretty adventurous guy, all about the incredible downtown city views and love drop dead amazing pools. I'm a fan of indulging in the local libations and would like to be in a top-notch area for an amazing Bday experience.

​​​​​​Would anyone please mind to take some time to help me out with this quandary of a situation.
Have you had a chance to look at the various reviews of the properties? Usually lots of good nuggets of information in there ...

Bangkok Hilton Links
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by neo_781
Have you had a chance to look at the various reviews of the properties? Usually lots of good nuggets of information in there ...

Bangkok Hilton Links

Didn't know that even existed. Very much appreciate the link.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by aspenedelen

As HHD and only 1nighter, probably boild down to whether you'd like to be in the less central (less ideal) location on the river (Hilton Millennium) or more central so can see a bit of Bangkok more easily during day+night based at Conrad.
I had one stay at Millennium, saw the river, but having ticked that off my Bangkok list of things to do, not likely to stay there again.

Conrad lounge offering wins hands down, along with the better location for everything.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
seeing what time you get in, Conrad is probably closest from the airport.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by bearkatt
seeing what time you get in, Conrad is probably closest from the airport.
Not really much difference at that time of day.
Cymro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.