FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:52 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by lss250
I'm currently grappling with this decision too. I'll be a first time visitor to Bangkok and going as a tourist this winter. I was leaning towards the Millennium Hilton for reasons others have listed in this thread (mostly location), but it's $30/night more than the Conrad. Do you all think that price difference is worth it?

FWIW I'm HH Gold, but am fine with no upgrade and/or no lounge access as I'll hopefully be spending most of my time outside the hotel. Breakfast is important but it sounds like both places do this reasonably well.
Normally, rates for Millennium Hilton are lower than Conrad. If rates are high at Millennium I would choose the Conrad any day (even without an upgrade - you need to book corner room for that). But for a first time visitor Millennium Hilton is great with impressing views of the river etc.

I would make a flexible reservation and wait for the next flash sale in Asia/Thailand (usually 40% off). I have seen basic room rates at Conrad as low as 2.500 ++ during the last flash sale (admittedly for low season; however some claim that there is no such thing for BKK properties)

Last edited by SK AAR; Aug 24, 2017 at 3:03 am