Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. For a family + persons who have never been to BKK before, the Hilton Millennium would be a solid choice (unless the rate is higher/on par with Conrad or Hilton Sukhumvit; then I would rule out Hilton Millennium due to better value elsewhere).

But again, you really can't go wrong with any of the BKK properties - Don't overthink this; you will have a great stay whichever property you choose (I think I'm repeating my earlier advice upthreads )
Old May 15, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Agree with the advice not to overthink, and agree with the advice that the Millennium is on the 'right side' of Bangkok for the temples, palaces, etc. - but it is tough for public transport, so do count on taxis regardless of the traffic. (On the other hand the BTS has plenty of gaps in it, still).

My favourite, depending on rates, is still the Conrad by far (I've not yet stayed in the Hilton Sukhumvit however - I will be rectifying that next month).
Old May 15, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
Great, Thanks.
Will update with my thought when return.
It looks like a suite at the millennium is favourite followed by conrad.
Thanks everyone
Old May 15, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AC50K, HHonors Gold
BKK Millennium

I've stayed several times. Their free water shuttle will take you directly to the Tourist Boat docks. The breakfast buffet is impressive and I think better on the main floor rather than in the Executive Lounge where the selection is more limited. The view from the roof top patio is impressive.

If the Millennium doesn't work for some reason the BTS is the public transit train system. It's clean, easy to use and gets you the same Tourist Boat docks.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:44 am

Conrad vs Millennium Hilton in Bangkok

First trip to Bangkok in Feb. 2018 for 3 nights. I am HH Gold. Which one does give me the better chance of upgrade to the EL floor? Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by JCary
First trip to Bangkok in Feb. 2018 for 3 nights. I am HH Gold. Which one does give me the better chance of upgrade to the EL floor? Thanks!
I think chances of getting lounge access as a Gold are low these days at both properties... I think your highest chances are the Conrad but then you would need to book a corner room (1 category below executive). For the same price (depending on your dates) you might be able to book an executive room at the Millennium, then you don't have to worry about getting EL access...
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Conrad has much, much nicer rooms - a little old fashioned but plush and enveloping.

Millennium is much more superficially styled.

I prefer the location of the Conrad but it depends where you need to go.

Millennium rooms are very small - be careful with upgrades from a corner room into an exec in the Conrad though, because the footprint is significantly less.
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I think chances of getting lounge access as a Gold are low these days at both properties... I think your highest chances are the Conrad but then you would need to book a corner room (1 category below executive). For the same price (depending on your dates) you might be able to book an executive room at the Millennium, then you don't have to worry about getting EL access...
agreed with this. Stayed in the conrad 2 weeks ago as gold.

got upgraded to a corner room from the basic room. was told at check in i need to book one level below exec. in order to get lounge access.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JCary
With the difference + distance of Conrad+Millennium locations, and the effect that has on a 3day base to look around Bangkok, I'd concentrate on location that best suits your needs rather than foc Lounge fot HH-Gold

Whilst Millenium offers (if in right rooms) view of the river, I found not a convenient location, and costly regards needing spend on taxis everytime I left hotel.

Sukhumvit area where Conrad, other Hilton and doubletree are located is a better base location, taxi trips shorter, plus BTS/MTS metro lines very convenient, quick (and cheap) to get around

Also the question of what the foc Lounge Offering provides at Conrad v Millenium... and Conrad Lounge offering (b'fast, tea. evenin food, evening alcohol) wins hands down, imho far far superior.

With any of these properties book -1cat below lounge rooms, as highly likely as HHG (with abundance of elites at hotels in Bangkok) that Gold needs to be in Exec Room to get lounge ++ HHG gets only +1cat upgrade from booked room.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Riverside location in Bangkok is grossly overrated methinks.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:46 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Wow, how many threads are there on this hackneyed old topic now
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kt85
agreed with this. Stayed in the conrad 2 weeks ago as gold.

got upgraded to a corner room from the basic room. was told at check in i need to book one level below exec. in order to get lounge access.
From my stay at Conrad BKK end of July, I can confirm this. HH Gold will be upgraded to corner room only (no lounge access) if a basic room is booked. You need to book a corner room to get upgraded to exec. room (with lounge access).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
Wow, how many threads are there on this hackneyed old topic now
True. Moderator, pls merge.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:38 am

Location preference depends on your perspective and desires. The river is an excellent base for a first time visitor, as long as you are not in a hurry. And if you are in a hurry, good luck with a taxi in the traffic. I chose the Hilton for this reason. The Conrad is not terribly far from the BTS, but it is in the middle of a dull and overpriced embassy district.

By far, the best way to get around town is via the skytrain (BTS) and the subway (MRT). The boat from the hotel travels directly between the hotel and the BTS station on a very regular basis. The river taxis that ply up and down the river all day long offer an interesting way to explore the city, as well as the best way to get to the palace and main temples. They are also absurdly cheap and immune to traffic.

The tourist sites can easily be accessed from the hotel by taking the free hotel boat, or hopping in the virtually free cross-river ferry from just outside the hotel. After you cross the river, just hop on the next taxi heading north. I find that it is nice just to cruise back and forth along the length of the river taxi routes, and you can even get a sunset cruise (just check the schedule to avoid getting stranded in the evening).

The only other reason to go to Bangkok is shopping. The BTS passes by all the major shopping malls, which offer a plethora of shopping and dining options.

The breakfast in the main restaurant was one of the best I have had in a while, and much better than anything offered in the lounge. As a business traveler, having lounge access is very useful. But as a tourist, it is often a waste because why do you want to waste time in boring lounge instead of exploring the city? There is also an open-air bar on the roof of the Hilton, which offers a great view of the city and river.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:05 pm

I'm currently grappling with this decision too. I'll be a first time visitor to Bangkok and going as a tourist this winter. I was leaning towards the Millennium Hilton for reasons others have listed in this thread (mostly location), but it's $30/night more than the Conrad. Do you all think that price difference is worth it?

FWIW I'm HH Gold, but am fine with no upgrade and/or no lounge access as I'll hopefully be spending most of my time outside the hotel. Breakfast is important but it sounds like both places do this reasonably well.

Last edited by lss250; Aug 23, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.