Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Two new HGIs coming, in addition to the one being built in Bangkok.

One in Bangtao, Phuket (not a reflag of the Oceanstone, as I thought).

Meanwhile they've just announced an HGI to be built in Pattaya, as part of a mixed-use development known as ONCE on 3rd Road, just to the north of the city centre.

Last edited by Cymro; Dec 3, 2019 at 7:13 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
Two new HGIs coming, in addition to the one being built in Bangkok.

The Hotel Oceanstone in Bangtao, Phuket is being reflagged as an HGI. It already looks like one.

Meanwhile they've just announced an HGI to be built in Pattaya, as part of a mixed-use development known as ONCE on 3rd Road, just to the north of the city centre.

Hi Cmyro. The HGI at Bangtao is a new build. Pass it most days. Almost finished, well the outside anyway. They are recruiting staff now.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi Cmyro. The HGI at Bangtao is a new build. Pass it most days. Almost finished, well the outside anyway. They are recruiting staff now.
Oh OK... didn't realise that. Address semeed to be the Oceanstone but I guess it won't be the first time that two nearly identical hotels have been located next to each other.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cymro
One in Bangtao, Phuket (not a reflag of the Oceanstone, as I thought).
Bangtao is nice. I hope it stays sleepy.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:06 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Bangtao is nice. I hope it stays sleepy.
It won't! (& isn't now really)
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NoY
It won't! (& isn't now really)
It is compared to much of the rest of Phuket
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

Afraid the quiet days are going. New hotels, huge apartment developments and to cap it off a brand new Central shopping and duty free centre opening soon. Bring in the buses of Chinese! :s
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:33 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by gav0106
Afraid the quiet days are going. New hotels, huge apartment developments and to cap it off a brand new Central shopping and duty free centre opening soon. Bring in the buses of Chinese! :s
Yes, I was in the new Central this week (during soft opening week) & it was quite busy already - its nice not to have to trek all the way to Central Festival/Floresta or rely on just Villa Market though
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:35 am
NoY

......the only truly always busy/manic place on the entire island is Patong, IME. And I do my absolute best to avoid that as far as I can!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
......the only truly always busy/manic place on the entire island is Patong, IME. And I do my absolute best to avoid that as far as I can!
I agree! Phuket gets a bad rap. This is because most people think of Patong as all of Phuket. It's not. So many beautiful places in Phuket. I stayed in Cape Panwa in July. Had to stay in a non Hilton hotel for that, but it was worth it. I stayed at the Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort. Very nice hotel.
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I agree! Phuket gets a bad rap. This is because most people think of Patong as all of Phuket.
Originally Posted by NoY
Well said. So many places are stereotyped in this way. It's ignorance.
lol I never go to Patong but I've spent enough time stuck in traffic in various other parts of Phuket to know first hand of the overdevelopment (accompanied by a total lack of planning controls) that plagues much (note I did not say all) of the island.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I also love Phuket. There is MUCH more to Phuket than Patong and ping pong shows.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Dec 5, 2019 at 8:24 am
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:20 pm

Does anyone have feedback on the Conrad Residences? The rate I'm seeing is essentially the same as Millenium Hilton and the Hilton Sukhumvit.

Also while on topic of Phuket and Patong, is 2 nights enough in Patong over Songkran or should I opt for 3 before moving to the Hilton Arcadia?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by JayFarber
Does anyone have feedback on the Conrad Residences? The rate I'm seeing is essentially the same as Millenium Hilton and the Hilton Sukhumvit.
Remember, at the Bangkok Conrad Residences, you do not have access to the executive lounge.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:06 pm

Conrad Bangkok or Okura Prestige

Hi, I was hoping to get some 2nd opinions on what hotel to choose fo a 6 might stay in Bangkok in few weeks time. I have trimmed down the options to 2 hotels.

I have a booking at the Conrad for 86 USD per night including taxes and a booking at the Okura for 132 USD per night including taxes. Both cancellable.

The pros and cons of each seem to be:

Conrad pros:
- Hilton Diamond so would get free breakfast and lounge access
- Rooms have been refreshed, so soundproofing is better now?
- Get a Conrad plushy toy
- Cheaper than Okura
- Would earn points

Conrad cons:
- Rude concierge last time I was here in 2017, generally staff seemed tired of tourists/guests..
- Underwhelming breakfast and breakfast restaurant was chaotic (2017)
- Lounge offerings seem to be poor but would perhaps go for afternoon tea a few times
- Sound proofing was poor last time I was here and there would be a constant noise from the roads outside
- Long waiting times to get a taxi outside the hotel last time I was there

Okura pros
- Higher service levels than Conrad
- Better restaurants (will be dining at the Elements restaurant one night)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Better quality breakfast buffet
- Good price booked compared to their usual rates

Okura cons
- No a la carte breakfast, except the Japanese set in the Japanese restaurant
- Would have to pay for breakfast
- More expensive than Conrad
- No points

I don’t care for upgrades except that I expect that I will receive a renovated room at the Conrad. Have booked entry levels rooms at both hotels.

The gym, sauna and steam room seem to be slightly nicer at the Okura, but still decent at Conrad and pool is not important for me.

I am also only planning to have breakfast at the hotel 3 out of 6 days. General room service quality and options a factor as I always end up a ordering room service a few times.

The last factor is that I will need late checkout at around 9 pm, and am hoping the Conrad would offer this without extra charge.

Any advice? And anyone who has stayed at both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.