Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You must be traveling across some other world because this is most decidedly not planet Earth you're speaking of.
I can only speak to my experiences, and I’m referring to getting upgraded to suites prior to arrival. As a diamond, I have been upgraded before check-in to a suite in Hong Kong, mainland China, Munich, Atlanta, Houston, Washington D.C., JFK, and probably others I am forgetting.

In Bangkok I e-mailed the Conrad, Hilton millennium, Hilton Sukhumvit, IHG Intercontinental, IHG Crowne Plaza, JW Marriott, and another Marriott propert that escapes me... they all told me the same story. It was almost as if they were all reading from the same script despite being different chains. Nobody could guarantee a suite until check-in. The best I could do was get an upgrade to the executive floor in a regular room. I don’t know what it is specifically about Bangkok?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
[left]In Bangkok I e-mailed the Conrad, Hilton millennium, Hilton Sukhumvit, IHG Intercontinental, IHG Crowne Plaza, JW Marriott, and another Marriott propert that escapes me... they all told me the same story. It was almost as if they were all reading from the same script despite being different chains. Nobody could guarantee a suite until check-in.
Wait, you emailed seven properties across three different chains to ask that they enter into an agreement to pre-upgrade you when you hadn't even booked a reservation yet?

I'm frankly speechless.
NoY, Kacee, IndyHoosier and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: delta nwa
Any way to get into Executive Lounge in BKK

I was a Hilton Gold member for so many years and never took advantage of it. Now I just have standard status. I'm finally going on a great trip to BKK in December. I'll be staying at the Millenium Hilton. I would so like to get into the Execurtive Lounge during my stay. That will take status and/or a floor upgrade. Any thoughts of how one might do this? Would Hilton Honors just grant status as a one time courtesy? Might the hotel be more likely to upgrade to the lounge floor if I asked a few weeks in advance? Any tips or thoughts?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bbbacres
I was a Hilton Gold member for so many years and never took advantage of it. Now I just have standard status. I'm finally going on a great trip to BKK in December. I'll be staying at the Millenium Hilton. I would so like to get into the Execurtive Lounge during my stay. That will take status and/or a floor upgrade. Any thoughts of how one might do this? Would Hilton Honors just grant status as a one time courtesy? Might the hotel be more likely to upgrade to the lounge floor if I asked a few weeks in advance? Any tips or thoughts?
Without status, if you book an Executive Room you'll be given lounge access. It's a neat trick I learned a long time ago.
dw, lcohen999, SK AAR and 22 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
if you book an Executive Room you'll be given lounge access. It's a neat trick I learned a long time ago.
Dying of laughter here!

I know of a similar trick on how to get a first class seat on a flight.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It took me <30 seconds to find a King Room with Lounge access by searching the name of the property, location and Executive Lounge. Bookable online with the caution that there is construction at the property so you may want to call to arrange a room which is not near or affected by inconvenience or noise.
IAHtraveler and :D! like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:50 am

You can also buy status! The Hilton Honors Amex Ascend card ($95 annual fee) will get you Hilton Gold and the Hilton Honors Amex Aspire card ($450 annual fee) will get you Diamond.
Explore SE Asia likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Nobody could guarantee a suite until check-in.
It's very likely the properties that did upgrade you into a suite prior to check-in would say the same thing.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
delete
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:27 am

The hotel may email u a couple days in advance. That's when they start assigning rooms to reservation. Usually you should be able to spot from the room desceiption whether u have been upgraded to executive floor with lounge access.

If not, don't do online check-in and asks politely at check-in. Being the hotel is in Asia, I would think the chance of getting lounge access as Gold is high.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by khkchan
If not, don't do online check-in and asks politely at check-in. Being the hotel is in Asia, I would think the chance of getting lounge access as Gold is high.
The OP said s/he doesn't have Gold at this stage.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:12 pm

I think Conrad is better especially the food.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Get an exec room if you want lounge. The exec also comes with breakfast in the lounge, which I think is worth paying for if you dont have status to get in the lounge. Any other method, will not guarantee you access.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by PaulH1
The Conrad Bangkok has by far the best Executive lounge offerings at present.
I was there last week and was very impressed
great staff and service too !
Interesting, I was about to ask people who claim Conrad has the best lounge food to indicate when did they last go there, because my experience is that Conrad used to be best, but food deteriorated sharply to the point that Hilton Sukhumvit is now better. As noted by others, evening food at MH is not the strength of that hotel (the views are) so Conrad was still a bit above MH despite the downgrades. So my rankings for evening lounge food would be Hilton Suk > Conrad > MH.

Since you were in Conrad last week and you were impressed, I wonder if they have upgraded their food after downgrading it between 2014 to 2017. I have not stayed at Conrad in a year in part because of deterioration in the lounge so my rankings above might be outdated.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:45 pm
Suspended

just out of curiosity, i had a look at the hilton website for a random saturday night. the exec room was USD25 more than the normal room. if you're going to have breakfast and evening drinks in the lounge, then i think $25 would easily be worth it to guarantee that. why hope and eventually not get it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.