Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
In the executive rooms, do any of them give a decent view?

I am assuming not the rooms facing in - but of the outside view, which side is better?

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

I am assuming not the rooms facing in - but of the outside view, which side is better?

Thanks!
Hi GentleGiant

I usually take the side facing the car park, the east side. You can see aircraft on approach which at least gives something to watch
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Thanks!
Just avoid the end of the Executive room corridor, so the end furthest from the centre of the hotel: there's a carpark for the National Express coaches there, and the driver often keep the engines on for long times, and vibrating the rooms on the end of the corridor. It's just the last 2 or 3 rooms, if I recall the room plan it's the bottom left corner. I don't really think the views are worth anything from any room, the aircraft go too far over to watch really, so I tend to go for the rooms facing inwards into the central section and around half way down the corridor, as they are the quietest rooms.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just avoid the end of the Executive room corridor, so the end furthest from the centre of the hotel: there's a carpark for the National Express coaches there, and the driver often keep the engines on for long times, and vibrating the rooms on the end of the corridor. It's just the last 2 or 3 rooms, if I recall the room plan it's the bottom left corner. I don't really think the views are worth anything from any room, the aircraft go too far over to watch really, so I tend to go for the rooms facing inwards into the central section and around half way down the corridor, as they are the quietest rooms.
Thanks.

They have a suite in one corner of the 4th floor (East side / right) - so hopefully next to that is not too noisy!

Still can always move - am sure plenty of availability.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Does anyone know the exec lounge hours here at the moment, in particular evening drinks? I vaguely remember it going on longer here than the normal 6-8PM.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:20 am

Executive Lounge Opening Hours

Got a very detailed email back from the hotel answering my query above.

I thought I would post here just incase anyone else needed to know in the future.

It will likely all be changeable and subject to availably etc. but gives you a good idea nonetheless.

Opening hours:
6am-11pm

Bfast: 6am-10.30am
Afternoon tea: 2pm-5.30pm
Aperitif: 6.30pm-8.30pm

Benefits
Complimentary wifi access, 2 computers with coloured printer, restroom with shower, international newspaper, check in and check out,

Offerings
Breakfast: we have 3 hot food: baked beans, scrambled eggs, bacon
3-4 different types of fruit salads
3different type of juices
2-3 different type of yoghurts
Fresh pastry - bread rolls
Cereals, alpen muesli, Weetabix, dried snacks

Afternoon tea: scones with clotted cream, flapjack, muffin, sandwiches, mini dessert, snacks, soft drinks, hot drinks, fruits, crisps, pretzels

Aperitif: white wine, red wine, rose, sparkling wine. spirits: Absolut vodka, Beefeater gin, Havana rum, Campari, Ballantine's
Food during aperitif: vegetable trio with dips, salad, cheese plate, meet plate, grapes, bread rolls, crisps, pretzels, chees biscuits and we do 2 different type of hot food: 1 meat and 1 vegetarian

Soft drink and hot drinks are available all day.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Got a very detailed email back from the hotel answering my query above.

I thought I would post here just incase anyone else needed to know in the future.

It will likely all be changeable and subject to availably etc. but gives you a good idea nonetheless.

Opening hours:
6am-11pm

Bfast: 6am-10.30am
Afternoon tea: 2pm-5.30pm
Aperitif: 6.30pm-8.30pm

Benefits
Complimentary wifi access, 2 computers with coloured printer, restroom with shower, international newspaper, check in and check out,

Offerings
Breakfast: we have 3 hot food: baked beans, scrambled eggs, bacon
3-4 different types of fruit salads
3different type of juices
2-3 different type of yoghurts
Fresh pastry - bread rolls
Cereals, alpen muesli, Weetabix, dried snacks

Afternoon tea: scones with clotted cream, flapjack, muffin, sandwiches, mini dessert, snacks, soft drinks, hot drinks, fruits, crisps, pretzels

Aperitif: white wine, red wine, rose, sparkling wine. spirits: Absolut vodka, Beefeater gin, Havana rum, Campari, Ballantine's
Food during aperitif: vegetable trio with dips, salad, cheese plate, meet plate, grapes, bread rolls, crisps, pretzels, chees biscuits and we do 2 different type of hot food: 1 meat and 1 vegetarian

Soft drink and hot drinks are available all day.
Good work mate!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Good work mate!
After my last 2 stays being in the increasingly mediocre Hilton Glasgow, I'm looking forward to having fizz and gin should I fancy it
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
After my last 2 stays being in the increasingly mediocre Hilton Glasgow, I'm looking forward to having fizz and gin should I fancy it
Yeah, don't blame you.......I've heard a few story's about Hilton Glasgow lately.......I remember when I met you in the lounge October before last......was good, seems to have gone downhill since.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question Which Hilton in London?

We arrive at Gatwick at 7:30pm and have a flight at 12:30noon the next day from Heathrow. Any suggestions at which Hilton Property we should stay in for this one night?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Appalling, appalling hotel. Just checked out after they refused to give a key to my husband (despite his name being in the booking). That being simply the straw that broke the camel's back. Night manager chucked me a refund and some points but the kerfuffle today really hasn't been worth it.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We arrive at Gatwick at 7:30pm and have a flight at 12:30noon the next day from Heathrow. Any suggestions at which Hilton Property we should stay in for this one night?
I certainly would not stay at Hilton LGW!

I would consider Conrad or a centrally located Hilton or Doubletree.

Which Hilton would depend on price, amount of luggage you have and whether you are more interested in a nice supper or shopping the following morning...
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by sebastiansw3
Appalling, appalling hotel. Just checked out after they refused to give a key to my husband (despite his name being in the booking). That being simply the straw that broke the camel's back. Night manager chucked me a refund and some points but the kerfuffle today really hasn't been worth it.
Oh dear... I've booked here in two weeks as we have a late night flight into Gatwick.

Did you encountered other issues?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Oh dear... I've booked here in two weeks as we have a late night flight into Gatwick.

Did you encountered other issues?
I've always found the hotel great.

Great upgrades, nice lounge & good prices for parking.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I booked a prepaid rate of 66 quid, non refundable. I am a Diamond not sure if it matters to the hotel, booked the cheapest room.

I hope we will not have any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.