Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by FromPVG
Does Surpass card still offer Diamond status after $40K annual spending? On the card benefit page from American Express, I only see it mentions Gold after $20K annual spending.
Yes, they do.

e-mail from HHonors this past January:

Dear Fozziedoggie,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Surpass card. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Upgrade to Diamond tier status with $40,000 in annual spend is still available with the Amex Surpass card.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...t,HeadCustomer.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Any promo for Surpass upgrades?

The link I found through google search doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have an idea if this is still possible (upgrading a regular Hilton Citi card to a Hilton Surpass card).

Thanks much.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by birdyy
The link I found through google search doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have an idea if this is still possible (upgrading a regular Hilton Citi card to a Hilton Surpass card).

Thanks much.
Surpass is an Amex. I only ever heard of upgrading the regular HH Amex to the Amex Surpass, not from the HH Citi.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:51 pm
Original Member

Ooops, sorry about that. Talk about a typo. Thinking one thing, typing another.

Yes, of course. Amex Hilton to Surpass Amex Hilton.

Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Here you go... I had it bookmarked. Just an FYI from what other posters have noted in a different thread you don't become eligible for the upgrade til you pass the 1yr mark with the no fee card.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...dit-card/36205
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:04 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by skitch23
Here you go... I had it bookmarked. Just an FYI from what other posters have noted in a different thread you don't become eligible for the upgrade til you pass the 1yr mark with the no fee card.

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...dit-card/36205
Thanks very much, that worked perfectly.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:44 pm

I hope you didn't upgrade for just the bonus points
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Why not upgrade? It doesn't count as a hard pull.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:56 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by flyer4512

Do you mean the monthly bonus points or the 50,000 you get for the ugrade?

I didn't for the monthly points but needed a quick bunch of points and this was a way to get them quickly.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
forgive me--not understanding surpass upgrade...

ok I get emails asking me to upgrade to the surpass amex and I will get :

Maintain your HHonors Diamond status You can keep you HHonors Diamond status after your total eligible purchases reach USD $40,000 or more during a calendar year. Enjoy a 50% bonus on all HHonors Base Points earned,2 and where available Executive Floor lounge access3 and room upgrades.4

Earn More Points in More Places5 12X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points
for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.

6X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points 
for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.

3X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points 
for all other eligible purchases on your Card.

Free Priority Pass™ Select membership6 Your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card gives you a complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership (valued at USD $99). When you visit participating airport lounges, pay a fee of USD $27 per person, which will be automatically charged to your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card.

Apply today and enjoy this special offer
You can also get 50,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after spending USD $3,000 on eligible purchases made with the HHonors Surpass Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.7 Step up to enhanced benefits today for an annual fee of USD $75. If your application is approved after September 30, 2013, you will not be eligible for the 50,000 HHonors Bonus offer.

but yet when you read the fine print it is only 5X your points at a hilton--
'is the 12X for if you have diamond status? I have diamond status because of stays, and have been using my us air mastercard on everything--
perhaps a good strategy is to use us air card for us air, and hilton surpass for hilton stays???
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by nlkm9
ok I get emails asking me to upgrade to the surpass amex and I will get :

Maintain your HHonors Diamond status You can keep you HHonors Diamond status after your total eligible purchases reach USD $40,000 or more during a calendar year. Enjoy a 50% bonus on all HHonors Base Points earned,2 and where available Executive Floor lounge access3 and room upgrades.4

Earn More Points in More Places5 12X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points
for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.

6X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points 
for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.

3X Hilton HHonors Bonus Points 
for all other eligible purchases on your Card.

Free Priority Pass™ Select membership6 Your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card gives you a complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership (valued at USD $99). When you visit participating airport lounges, pay a fee of USD $27 per person, which will be automatically charged to your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card.

Apply today and enjoy this special offer
You can also get 50,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after spending USD $3,000 on eligible purchases made with the HHonors Surpass Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.7 Step up to enhanced benefits today for an annual fee of USD $75. If your application is approved after September 30, 2013, you will not be eligible for the 50,000 HHonors Bonus offer.

but yet when you read the fine print it is only 5X your points at a hilton--
'is the 12X for if you have diamond status? I have diamond status because of stays, and have been using my us air mastercard on everything--
perhaps a good strategy is to use us air card for us air, and hilton surpass for hilton stays???
No, re-read the T&C's. You receive 12 points for every Hilton portfolio brand. If it does state 5, it's a typo.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
12 points per dollar with Surpass at Hilton family properties. 6 per dollar at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations. Both of these without regard to your Hilton status.

Not worth using elsewhere unless you are trying like mad to get to Diamond at $40K.

For US Air, I'd say use their card, Chase Sapphire for 2x UR points, or Amex BRG for 3x MR points (on all airfare).
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:17 pm

Thumbs up

OK, gotcha---I get diamond status by my 30 stays........so Im not crazed to get my status--now earning points is ok by me!!
Thanks, i really do appreciate your reply
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:18 pm

Okay just want to be clear 12 times what ever I spend at a hilton-so if I spend $100 for a room I get 1200 points? just want to make sure Im reading this right--seems to good to be true...
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by nlkm9
Okay just want to be clear 12 times what ever I spend at a hilton-so if I spend $100 for a room I get 1200 points? just want to make sure Im reading this right--seems to good to be true...
Yes, your math is correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.