Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rajuabju
3) Other than the opportunities for obtaining status (which wont happen with the amount of $ I charge to the card), and more points for Hilton spend (none) any other major difference between the two cards?
You get automatic Gold for a year. This is why I am considering the offer, since I plan on some Hilton nights overseas next year, and I'm down to dirt with a boat load of points.

Which brings up another question: I've had the fee-free Hilton Amex for around 10 years. If I go with the Surpass offer, would I get both the 50K points and Gold? I ask because Hilton has, in the past, kept track of who got bonusses before, and might deny me all or part of the bonus. Any info on this?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Anyone know how long this offer will be available? I am working on a $5k spend for 25k UR pts on a new Ink Plus, start on the Surpass in January.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
I would never blow an inquiry on 10k HHonors pts, which are at most worth $100 and most people would value them at $50-$80.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by skibum7732
I would never blow an inquiry on 10k HHonors pts, which are at most worth $100 and most people would value them at $50-$80.
It is widely reported that there is no inquiry for this upgrade...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ejh25
There's a link here that will let you know if you're eligible for the upgrade offer.

Unfortunately, I'm not yet I've only had my card for 4-5 months and it says no!
How long do you have to have the card before you are eligible for upgrade? Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, SPG
There's a link here that will let you know if you're eligible for the upgrade offer.

Unfortunately, I'm not yet I've only had my card for 4-5 months and it says no!
Ive only had mine for 2 months and it already says I can upgrade. Weird. You can get to it by browing "see all personl cards" and the offer shows up for me.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Damidgede
Ive only had mine for 2 months and it already says I can upgrade. Weird. You can get to it by browing "see all personl cards" and the offer shows up for me.
Have you been spending on yours? I hit my spend threshold and stopped.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Do you think I can call to upgrade? The link says none of my cards are eligible for an upgrade. I want to stay at hilton trafalgar next summer and want gold status.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, SPG
I stopped as well after the threshold was met. I have no idea what they base it on, I just know that I checked a couple of weeks ago and then again today and both times it said I could upgrade and get 50k points after 3k spend. I am just waiting on the 90 days to hit since I applied for teh no fee one so I make sure I get the points (not sure if it really matters though).
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:46 pm

got my card in july, have put around $900 on it, and i'm eligible for the upgrade offer (50k/$3k/90)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
Do you think I can call to upgrade? The link says none of my cards are eligible for an upgrade. I want to stay at hilton trafalgar next summer and want gold status.
What about the Citi Reserve Card? That automatically gives you gold status.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Will I keep the same card? I just do not want to change/ all my accounts that are preprogrammed with my HH amex. IE hilton, hertz etc.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by troyintn
Will I keep the same card? I just do not want to change/ all my accounts that are preprogrammed with my HH amex. IE hilton, hertz etc.
You will keep the same card number - they will send you are Surpass card.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by leebryant
I took the offer in March, received 50,000 pts, and downgraded in May. The same offer still shows up in my account. Any insights if I can do it again? Thanks.
I don't think you will be eligible. That's just a standard offer. When I inquired about upgrading, I asked a bunch of questions and in some of the answers, I was told that I wouldn't be eligible to receive any bonuses that I already received.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:58 pm

I upgraded 9 months ago and my Gold status won't expire till March 2014. If I downgrade to a no fee AMEX HH now, will I keep my Gold status ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.