Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I called in too. First CSR was clueless to the promotion or the problem so sent me to a supervisor.

The supervisor investigated and found the problem where the promo codes they created were reversed. What they said and what they DO are backwards. She said she is going to escalate and get this fixed. It was news to her. I also brought up the concern that when they fix this, would it flip me back (since they are mapped backwards)? She assured me it won't (really?) but made a note in my account that I had requested free nights.

I also suggest having a note placed on your account as well and it seems that if it does post wrong we have recourse to get it corrected.... just a pain to be the trailblazers on this problem...
Yep, after changing mine,decided not to change my wife's free cert pick on her account. Don't need more headaches!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Registered for the FN & emailed DD last night to confirm. Received reply this morning stating I registered for double points, emailed back to explain the situation & requested to revert back to FN. Glad I kept a screen printout of the registration.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
This is what happens when they roll out the promo so far in advance.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
Well, at least we now know which choice for Hilton is supposed to be the better one. @:-)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I think the best solution has been indicated above: Rather than fuss and fuss, instead wait until the "end" and have them retroactively switch it back to what you want. Even if there's no "policy" for doing that, there's enough evidence of FUBAR here (plus testimony that the end-game switch has been granted before) that they'll do it. I'm not defending HH, or trying to make it easier for them -- rather, trying to suggest a lower blood pressure solution.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Gee, it would be nice if the HHonors web page had a "My Promotions" section where you could see what you're signed up for...

Anyway, has anyone signed up for double points, called, and were told they were signed up for the free night? All the examples in this thread are the opposite. But what I want (and think I signed up for) is double points.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jershu01
Signed up yesterday for Q4 promotion , chose free nights.

Called today for info on 6 month time limit , and was told I chose double points . No, i did not . They cleared the account and told me to sign up again .

I did . Called back HH to verify choice , and they told me again I chose double points . No I did not . They manually fixed the problem .

They have a glitch in the system , so I would double check with Hilton what your selection was for the Q4 promotion
I just called. Had selected double points but was told on the phone that everything was defaulting to free nights. Apparently I need to call back on Oct 1 because the elections cannot be changed until then.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Firewind
...trying to make it easier for them...
Actually, anything that would make it easier on them may not be a good idea at this point.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Firewind
I think the best solution has been indicated above: Rather than fuss and fuss, instead wait until the "end" and have them retroactively switch it back to what you want.
Given "customer service" for HHonors, this is a HORRIBLE idea. If you don't get this fixed up front, you're LESS likely to get a good result in the end.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rickyriver

From FAQ:
Where can HHonors members use their Free Night certificate?
Certificates can be redeemed for use at any of our 3700+ Hilton Worldwide properties, at all brands, however the HHonors member must book their room in advance, make the reservation through Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC), and complete the stay prior to the certificate expiration.

From fine print on the promotion page:
The free night certificate is valid at participating hotels in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio for 6 months after the date of issuance, as noted on the certificate.
Anybody have anything in writing yet about this discrepancy on where you can cash in?

1. Any Hilton

2. Participating Hiltons.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA (G), AA(P),AP (SE), hhonors (D), marriott rewards (G), Priority Club (G),National Emerald(EE)
Ah! I like this promo

Ah Hilton...you got me back!

After few years with Hilton Diamonds, I was just about to switch to Priority Club. Hiltons are simply just too popular and get difficult to book where I am until the end of the year. This week is actually my first week in a Holiday Inn.

But this promo is very nice. It is demanding as you have to pack and unpack every night...but hey, the reward is worth it. It's just sad that those coupon will have to be consumed before June...I'll have to be creative in using them...but I'm sure I can! ;-)
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
DD just emailed back to confirm the FN selection, they're aware of the glitch & trying to get it resolved ASAP.

Originally Posted by rdchen
Registered for the FN & emailed DD last night to confirm. Received reply this morning stating I registered for double points, emailed back to explain the situation & requested to revert back to FN. Glad I kept a screen printout of the registration.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Awtas
Went with the points as most likely will have to let 3 certs from the last year to expire.
For me, points are more attractive due to the expiration date
You dont have to let them expire...you could always "lend" them to me for my upcoming honeymoon
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Shoooot...I will have a 6-night stay at Hilton Whistler around X'mas, where is excluded! Other than this stay, I will have 3 stays (each stay is one-night) in Q4. Does it mean I have to do a mattress run to secure a free night coupon?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lewende
Shoooot...I will have a 6-night stay at Hilton Whistler around X'mas, where is excluded! Other than this stay, I will have 3 stays (each stay is one-night) in Q4. Does it mean I have to do a mattress run to secure a free night coupon?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.