Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Well, I chose 4 nights=1 free night and I am going to hit this one running.

I just booked:

DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Hollywood, FL for tomorrow night
Conrad in Miami, FL for Tuesday Night
Have to stay at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa Wednesday through Friday night
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for Saturday night

Looking forward to checking out these 4 hotels as well.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:56 pm

Just checked my account and was given double points via "Q4 pick offer" for a hotel that I checked out of on October 1. Was a little miffed as I had selected the free night option and was not expecting to see any Q4 double points ever. Given all of the trouble that others have been having, I called the Diamond Desk to make sure that I had been registered for the free night promotion. The woman I spoke to confirmed that I was showing up as someone who had chosen free nights ... and said that the Oct 1 points were fromQ3 and were mislabeled as Q4 for whatever reason.

As a sidenote, I never received any emails in my inbox (or spam) about the Q4 promotion - announcement or confirmation after registering. If I hadn't checked flyertalk, I never would have known!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by salee
Just checked my account and was given double points via "Q4 pick offer" for a hotel that I checked out of on October 1. Was a little miffed as I had selected the free night option and was not expecting to see any Q4 double points ever.
I am in exactly the same situation. Received Q4 double points for stay 29SEP -01OCT stay. I am pretty sure I selected the free night option (but have no proof of it) because I have many stays lined up already for Q4; it would not make any sense for me to choose double points in my situation.

Originally Posted by salee
... and said that the Oct 1 points were fromQ3 and were mislabeled as Q4 for whatever reason.
I seriously doubt this. For sure I did not receive a Q3 promotion mislabeled as Q4...I selected double MILES as my Q3 promotion and have also received double MILES (and not double points)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: United 1K; HHonors Diamond; IHG Spire
Drat. The Conrad Chicago (where I have 10+ stays this quarter) is not participating. If I didn't like it so much I'd swap hotels. :-)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:56 am

Waldorf not excluded...?

I thought the promotion was great until I looked at the list of excluded properties. But, I then went back through the list and the Waldorf in NYC is not excluded? Can this be true? Am I missing something?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If a hotel is listed as excluded, does this simply mean the stay won't count towards the four free stays, or is the hotel also exempt from accepting the voucher? The SF Hiltion is listed and I realize if I stay there that won't count towards one of the four stays for the free night, but if I am in SF in February and want to use it at the SF Hilton, will I be able to?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I am in exactly the same situation. Received Q4 double points for stay 29SEP -01OCT stay. I am pretty sure I selected the free night option (but have no proof of it) because I have many stays lined up already for Q4; it would not make any sense for me to choose double points in my situation.

I seriously doubt this. For sure I did not receive a Q3 promotion mislabeled as Q4...I selected double MILES as my Q3 promotion and have also received double MILES (and not double points)
I am in the exact same boat. I didn't argue with them. I have another stay tomorrow night and I decided to see how that one posted. If that one posts with double points, I figure I'll try again.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The SF Hiltion is listed...
Which SF Hilton is excluded? Union Sq. Finacial Distr. or Fishm. Warf?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zachary
I am in the exact same boat. I didn't argue with them. I have another stay tomorrow night and I decided to see how that one posted. If that one posts with double points, I figure I'll try again.
Do keep us posted on this. I have stays this weekend and nxt week. If it is fixed by now I will not bother to call HH
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Which SF Hilton is excluded? Union Sq. Finacial Distr. or Fishm. Warf?
I know union square is excluded. That's the only hilton I stay at in SF so not suure of the other two. First post in this thread has excluded properties.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jal4680
I thought the promotion was great until I looked at the list of excluded properties.
Me too, hilton is starting to have so many excluded properties it is not worth the hassle.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Silly question: can you redeem a free night at a hotel that has opted out?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
Silly question: can you redeem a free night at a hotel that has opted out?
A little unclear for me- Here's that section in the T&C's:

The free night certificate is valid at participating hotels in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio for 6 months after the date of issuance, as noted on the certificate.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by troyintn
Me too, hilton is starting to have so many excluded properties it is not worth the hassle.
While I understand there are a few markets in which many/most properties have opted out of the Q4 promotion, the fact remains that only 250 or so out of 3,700 Hilton Worldwide hotels are excluded. Over 93% of properties are participating.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MS02113
While I understand there are a few markets in which many/most properties have opted out of the Q4 promotion, the fact remains that only 250 or so out of 3,700 Hilton Worldwide hotels are excluded. Over 93% of properties are participating.
That compares pretty favorably to Starwood's opt-out ratio of 220 exclusions out of 1,058 properties worldwide for SPG's ~4Q2011 promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.