Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Firewind
Welcome to FlyerTalk, jershu01! ^

I am affirming that the same thing has happened to me twice now. It took a CSR to manually establish (or work magic) that I elect nights.

I'd also like to ask again if a property's in/out status can change over the course of the promo. Thanks.
Thank you for informing me of this Jershu01 and Firewind for confirming. This is absolutely true. I just got off the phone with the Diamond desk (I wanted to make sure I was signed up for free nights). Wrong! I was signed up for double points and I know for sure I signed up for "free nights".
Diamond Desk CSR confirmed there is a glitch and they are working on the problem.
She was very efficient and manually signed me up for free nights.

Now to answer your question. I know last free night promo, one hotel I frequent was on the opt out list but they actually were participating. So that status changed for the better for me.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, US Plat, Hertz PC
I called and had the same error - the CSR wasn't aware of the promotion. Looked into my profile and told me I was signed up for points.

She told me to call back, so I'll just call again.

Originally Posted by Firewind
Welcome to FlyerTalk, jershu01! ^

I am affirming that the same thing has happened to me twice now. It took a CSR to manually establish (or work magic) that I elect nights.

I'd also like to ask again if a property's in/out status can change over the course of the promo. Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Awtas
Went with the points as most likely will have to let 3 certs from the last year to expire.
For me, points are more attractive due to the expiration date
Why let them expire.....give them to someone.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Happen to me as well. Points instead of the stays that I signed up for. The CSR had to manually change it.

Would recommend FTers to call in Hhonors and verify...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by MysteryEMT
I called and had the same error - the CSR wasn't aware of the promotion. Looked into my profile and told me I was signed up for points.

She told me to call back, so I'll just call again.
Sigh. +1 My CSR said she couldn't change it as she didn't have the promo code and to call back October 1st. Super. Just another simple thing that turns out to be not so simple.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Awtas
Went with the points as most likely will have to let 3 certs from the last year to expire.
For me, points are more attractive due to the expiration date
True, but don't forget points devalues over time, so you want to redeem them promptly.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, Tmpy, for part 2 answer!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
List of International Opt Out's

Here is your list of International Hilton Hotels who are Opting Out of this promotion:

INTERNATIONAL

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal / Dorval Airport
Hilton Dortmund
Hilton London Kensington
Doubletree by Hilton Kos / Helona Resort
Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheeba
Tel Aviv Hilton
Hilton Tokyo Bay
Grand Hilton Seoul
Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen
Doubletree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town, Turkey
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion, Avis First
Same issue here as reported by others. Called Diamond Desk tonight to confirm which option I was registered for- was told double points not nights. CSR was a little unclear on the promo and said that they had not been given any info as of yet. Pulled my account and was able to determine the correct promo code and got me changed. She said I was the fourth call she had taken tonight and felt bad that I seemed to know more about the promo than she did..... All rectified and on my way in less than 5 minutes.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tmpy
Diamond Desk CSR confirmed there is a glitch and they are working on the problem.
She was very efficient and manually signed me up for free nights.
Originally Posted by MysteryEMT
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Happen to me as well. Points instead of the stays that I signed up for.
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Sigh. +1 My CSR said she couldn't change it as she didn't have the promo code and to call back October 1st.
Originally Posted by EyeTraveler
Same issue here as reported by others. Called Diamond Desk tonight to confirm which option I was registered for- was told double points not nights.

Are you guys getting confirmation e-mails from Hilton after signing up through the web site? If so, are they for the correct choice even though it is wrong in HH's system?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:24 pm

No email confirm for me, but after registering it did take me to a confirmation screen that said I had registered for the free nights. I promptly did a screen shot of that page.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:32 pm

Had the same issue...would strongly suggest that anyone who registered for free nights call and get your choice corrected.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Same here, called and they said that I had registered for double points (which I did not) and that I had to call back 1 October to have it deleted and changed... sigh... how difficult can this be? This is the second time I know of that something similar has happened...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Question - If I have the following reservation

day #1 - cash booking
day #2 - award booking
day #3 - cash booking, all at same hotel,

is that, for the purpose of this promotion, 2 "stays" or just 1 "stay".
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Question - If I have the following reservation

day #1 - cash booking
day #2 - award booking
day #3 - cash booking, all at same hotel,

is that, for the purpose of this promotion, 2 "stays" or just 1 "stay".
For the purpose of any promotion, status, or anything else HH-related, it's 1 stay if the nights are back to back at the same property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.