Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Apperantly, how good this promotion is depends on how much you can get out of your free night cert. I have no prior experience redeeming Hilton's free night cert, so I've got a few questions.

* is the cert tranferable? I mean, can I use it for my friends and family without me being here?
I assume the answer is no. I also assume if you are actually there, you can book up to 2 rooms with 2 certs.

* How tight is the capacity control?
Theoretically, you can redeem the cert at any (participating?) Hilton hotel on any date. But how hard is it to get a room at high end cat 5 -7 hotels? how hard is it to use more than one cert for 2 or more consecutive nights, or 2 rooms per night? If you want to spend 3 night in NYC and you've got 3 certs, but they only allow you to redeem one night, then you would have to pay ridicously expensive rate for the other 2 nights, or hop to another hotel that is more affordable or let you redeem another cert.

I mean, I don't think I can expect to be able to use 5 certs for a 5 night vacation on Hawaii beach, or in Paris.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rickyriver
Apperantly, how good this promotion is depends on how much you can get out of your free night cert. I have no prior experience redeeming Hilton's free night cert, so I've got a few questions.

* is the cert tranferable? I mean, can I use it for my friends and family without me being here?
I assume the answer is no. I also assume if you are actually there, you can book up to 2 rooms with 2 certs.

Theoretically, you can redeem the cert at any (participating?) Hilton hotel on any date. But how hard is it to get a room at high end cat 5 -7 hotels? how hard is it to use more than one cert for 2 or more consecutive nights, or 2 rooms per night? If you want to spend 3 night in NYC and you've got 3 certs, but they only allow you to redeem one night, then you would have to pay ridicously expensive rate for the other 2 nights, or hop to another hotel that is more affordable or let you redeem another cert.

I mean, I don't think I can expect to be able to use 5 certs for a 5 night vacation on Hawaii beach, or in Paris.
Yes it is transferable. I used 3 to send my two daughters for three days at the NYC DoubleTree at Times Square. I used 8 over the last year and had no problems redeeming them at the hotels I wanted. San Juan, Amsterdam, Paris. I don't believe you would have any issue redeeming multiple nights. I didn't.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond

Theoretically, you can redeem the cert at any (participating?) Hilton hotel on any date. But how hard is it to get a room at high end cat 5 -7 hotels.

If they are like Q3FN's you can, we used ours at the Cavalieri, didn't memorize excluded list but I think it included only 13 international hotels. I guess I don't know if WA's are out.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:25 am

You would have thought wrong.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone knows if the certificate can be used at HGVC? I do not think so, but just want to double check.

Wnat to spend on in Vegas, but the only decent option is HGVC on the strip. That may be a waste too, as it is about $150 range.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DaChief
Yes it is transferable. I used 3 to send my two daughters for three days at the NYC DoubleTree at Times Square. I used 8 over the last year and had no problems redeeming them at the hotels I wanted. San Juan, Amsterdam, Paris. I don't believe you would have any issue redeeming multiple nights. I didn't.
Great, thank you very much.

That means the Hilton certs are way better than Marriott's which are non-transferable and can only be redeemed at cat 1-4 hotels. Although you get 1 for every 2 stays, half of what Hilton requires. But they are also capped at 2 certs.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*

That means the Hilton certs are way better than Marriott's which are non-transferable and can only be redeemed at cat 1-4 hotels. Although you get 1 for every 2 stays, half of what Hilton requires. But they are also capped at 2 certs.
Way better!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere

Yes, Hilton leaves Marriott in the dust on this one, especially since Marriott's deal only applies to those using the VISA card.

For the occasional traveler who plans only four stays in three months Marriott might be a better deal, I suppose.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite Delta HH Diamond
HH Q4 2011 promotion glitch

Signed up yesterday for Q4 promotion , chose free nights.

Called today for info on 6 month time limit , and was told I chose double points . No, i did not . They cleared the account and told me to sign up again .

I did . Called back HH to verify choice , and they told me again I chose double points . No I did not . They manually fixed the problem .

They have a glitch in the system , so I would double check with Hilton what your selection was for the Q4 promotion
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jershu01
They have a glitch in the system
Their system is glitches.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Would this also work with the MVP program rate? I'm already GOLD. But the rate difference b/w MVP and rack was about $21 per night... $83 vs. $104
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
No reason why not; it's not on the list of excluded rate plans.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk, jershu01! ^

I am affirming that the same thing has happened to me twice now. It took a CSR to manually establish (or work magic) that I elect nights.

I'd also like to ask again if a property's in/out status can change over the course of the promo. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jershu01
Signed up yesterday for Q4 promotion , chose free nights.

Called today for info on 6 month time limit , and was told I chose double points . No, i did not . They cleared the account and told me to sign up again .

I did . Called back HH to verify choice , and they told me again I chose double points . No I did not . They manually fixed the problem .

They have a glitch in the system , so I would double check with Hilton what your selection was for the Q4 promotion

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
The six month expiration on the certs does not work for me. It is double points for this FT'er.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
Went with the points as most likely will have to let 3 certs from the last year to expire.
For me, points are more attractive due to the expiration date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.