Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by sfmilstead
My question is this:

I have 6 stays with 24 nights currently booked. Under the promotion does this mean I'll earn 3 certs or only two (i.e. do I get to double dip my stays AND nights)?
It will depend on your travel pattern - take a look at your upcoming stays, noticing when either a 10th night or a 4th stay will happen - the first cert is generated when that stay posts, and then the 10th night (including leftover ones from the triggering stay I think) or 4th stay after that, etc.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:25 pm

If you check out on OCT 1, does that count for this promotion?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by lexie
my best guess would be that it doesn't count.

although the promo page says "when you stay now through December 31" the FAQ says

What are the promotion dates?
October 1 - December 31, 2011

usually, you have to check in and out within that window.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that state names are alphabetized by their two-letter postal abbreviation. Thus in the list, North Carolina comes before Nevada.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you for this post. Was looking for something interesting to do!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by lexie
You may actually get lucky and get both the previous promo and this one. It really depends on how the systems reads it but there have been reports previously about this being possible.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
With the exception of all the opt-out hotels, I reasonably satisfied with this promo. Can't win them all sometimes
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
If the property is on the opt out list does that mean you will not be able to earn doubles points either?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by craig44485
If the property is on the opt out list does that mean you will not be able to earn doubles points either?
Yes, it does
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Freakin' LOVE this promotion! I need 8 more stays to keep my Diamond status, and I was leaning towards letting it lapse...but that ain't gonna happen now! ^^^

Now where to spend these on spring break in Orlando?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:08 pm

This is going to be an AWESOME promo for me. I average 8ish 1-night stays in Hiltons a month so I'm looking at maybe 6 certs over the course of the promo.

A quick question:

The FAQ says "How do our HHonors members earn their Free Night certificate?
For every four stays OR ten nights (whichever comes first) at one of our participating properties, within the promotional period, Hilton HHonors will award the member with a Free Night certificate, which can be used at any Hilton Worldwide property around the world. There is no limit to the number of Free Night certificates a member can earn within the promotional period."

Do the 4 stays/10 nights required for a cert have all be at the same Hilton property? The wording is a little confusing for me.

Thanks

Chris
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
This promo is okay... IMO, they could've sweetened the pot. At this point, with certs expiring so quickly, I think the points are a better option.

I just hope Delta comes back this year with the MQM promo with Hilton too. Otherwise, I might stray since HH Diamond has already been achieved.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Freakin' LOVE this promotion! I need 8 more stays to keep my Diamond status, and I was leaning towards letting it lapse...but that ain't gonna happen now! ^^^

Now where to spend these on spring break in Orlando?
Waldorf.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Waldorf.
I was thinking the same thing...I'm wondering if I should go in and reserve a room with points, then call and switch it to these free stays after the fact...anyone know if they draw these from the same pool?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this only the 2nd free nights promo from any chain this year? Spg being the other with stay 3. (i don't count Marriott bc its only cat 1-4)

Last year was so much better with hyatt, Hilton, pc, and spg offering these promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.