Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo: Fast Ways to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Silver, Goldpoints Silver, A-Club, Priority Club Blue
Some info that I think which is worth sharing that I got from the DD:

One free night accepted at all Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands, except the following:

*All All-Inclusive Resort hotels
*All Hilton Grand Vacation (HGV)
*Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation Condos (MYRKP)
*Hilton Hurghada Resort (HRGHR)
*Hilton Royale Palms (MYRRP)
*Ho'olei at Grand Wailea, a Waldorf Astoria hotel (OGGHO)
*Las Casitas Village & Golden Door Spa, a Waldorf Astoria hotel (SJULC)
*Qasr Al Sharq, a Waldorf Astoria hotel (JEDWA)
*Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences (OOLRE)

Unfortunately, the certificates are only valid for 6 months for the date of issue and can not be extended.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Question - If I have the following reservation

day #1 - cash booking
day #2 - award booking
day #3 - cash booking, all at same hotel,

is that, for the purpose of this promotion, 2 "stays" or just 1 "stay".
And I think that the cash nights wouldn't count for points either as they were joined to an award night.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by yashan
Are you guys getting confirmation e-mails from Hilton after signing up through the web site? If so, are they for the correct choice even though it is wrong in HH's system?
No. And I never do, as I've mentioned on the board several times. No email confirmations that I've successfully registered for promos (e.g., the United and the Signature Card ones) or when I've attained the finish line. Frustrating, especially when it bears on financial decisions. I do, however, start to see bonus points, and then I know I'm good to go.

And thank you, markmde!

Now, it will be wonderful to learn if anyone discovers a property that changes its in/out status.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: Mint MM, AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Over My Dead Body
I usually book with the state government or MVP code. Does anyone know if either of those are one of the excluded code plans on http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...ns_q4/index.do ?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rickyriver
Originally Posted by SPBanker
You're right, of course. But at this stage changing reservations is in some cases imbossible. (And my wife hates hotel hopping, so...)
I don't like hotel hopping either, but I can live with it. My biggest concern is what my manager and clients think of me when they see my expenses report.

I worry if they will think of me less professional because I seem to spend a lot of efforts maximizing my rewards, instead of minimizing the cost or maximizing my productivity.
+1. Yep, that's always a problem.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
And I think that the cash nights wouldn't count for points either as they were joined to an award night.
Under the T&Cs they won't, but members' posted experience is that they do.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by arctan1701
I usually book with the state government or MVP code. Does anyone know if either of those are one of the excluded code plans on http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...ns_q4/index.do ?
I don't see either guv or mvp on that list; do you?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:19 am
cko

Free Certs Good at Conrads and Waldorfs???

Hi all,

Are these free certs redeemable for Hong Kong's Conrad? I did not see it on the "International Opt Out" List.

Thanks in advance.

cko
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cko
Hi all,

Are these free certs redeemable for Hong Kong's Conrad? I did not see it on the "International Opt Out" List.

Thanks in advance.

cko
Yes.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
No. And I never do, as I've mentioned on the board several times. No email confirmations that I've successfully registered for promos (e.g., the United and the Signature Card ones) or when I've attained the finish line. Frustrating, especially when it bears on financial decisions. I do, however, start to see bonus points, and then I know I'm good to go.
Yeah, I couldn't remember if HH sends out confirmation e-mails once a person enrolls in a promo. Heck, I don't even get the e-mails about the promo until it has already been going on for a month or too. Good thing all the links and info get posted on FT.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
I tend to use FT as well. I wish HH would send out confirmation emails. That way, I wouldn't have to keep all these promo screenshots organized to cover my .......
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
What about booking a stay with points then switching it once we earn our certs. I know this worked last year for me with Q3FN's, I had booked Miami Bentley for 145k (AXON) once I earned my 4th cert had them switch over and redeposit the points. Great way to lock up a property, even if it doesn't work we can just cancel (assuming you have the extra points in your account). I also just called the DD and was incorrectly registered for points.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Can confirm, called DD and they had me signed up for the Points. Had to explain for a while but they did change me to Certs and I had them put a note in my file. The problem I can see happening now is if IT fixes the glitch and everything gets flipped back all of us who manually switched to Certs may revert back to Points.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Time Away
I tend to use FT as well. I wish HH would send out confirmation emails. That way, I wouldn't have to keep all these promo screenshots organized to cover my .......
+1
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PIJD
Can confirm, called DD and they had me signed up for the Points. Had to explain for a while but they did change me to Certs and I had them put a note in my file. The problem I can see happening now is if IT fixes the glitch and everything gets flipped back all of us who manually switched to Certs may revert back to Points.
I called in too. First CSR was clueless to the promotion or the problem so sent me to a supervisor.

The supervisor investigated and found the problem where the promo codes they created were reversed. What they said and what they DO are backwards. She said she is going to escalate and get this fixed. It was news to her. I also brought up the concern that when they fix this, would it flip me back (since they are mapped backwards)? She assured me it won't (really?) but made a note in my account that I had requested free nights.

I also suggest having a note placed on your account as well and it seems that if it does post wrong we have recourse to get it corrected.... just a pain to be the trailblazers on this problem...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.