Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:44 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Almost booked a reservation checking in today, but with the upcoming 9/9 promo I ended up delaying it. I'll likely do a 9/9 check-in… earning 68pts/$ is truly insane.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold (OW Emerald)
Originally Posted by helvetic
Good deal. Interesting that the Conrad is lowering its rates whereas other chains' flagships aren't going down that significantly. The nearby JW is at 1930 while being an inferior hotel. The GH is also at 1900+

I live in HK in hotels full-time, and I'm thinking of going to the Conrad this week. The price is attractive vs. comparable alternatives.
I've stayed in Conrad HK for a few times for staycation and am quite pleased with the rooms (executive harbour view) and lounge, although I certainly agree that the rooms are quite dated.

Just noted you consider JW HK an inferior hotel. I haven't stayed there before but I'd have thought it may have a better seaview than Conrad given there're fewer buildings in front? As far as I know, one could only enjoy unobstructed seaview in Conrad if you stay on 56/F or above.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by ksnoopym
I've stayed in Conrad HK for a few times for staycation and am quite pleased with the rooms (executive harbour view) and lounge, although I certainly agree that the rooms are quite dated.

Just noted you consider JW HK an inferior hotel. I haven't stayed there before but I'd have thought it may have a better seaview than Conrad given there're fewer buildings in front? As far as I know, one could only enjoy unobstructed seaview in Conrad if you stay on 56/F or above.
My views at the JW were alright. Obstructed / partial seaview. Not a big deal though, but certainly now the GH or Ren views.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ksnoopym
II haven't stayed there before but I'd have thought it may have a better seaview than Conrad given there're fewer buildings in front?
And that would be wrong.

I'm not sure I would call the JW inferior at present. If Conrad updated its interiors, it would have a clear advantage, but as it stands the property is in dire need of renovation.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
And that would be wrong.

I'm not sure I would call the JW inferior at present. If Conrad updated its interiors, it would have a clear advantage, but as it stands the property is in dire need of renovation.
Surely the JW isn't worth 400 HKD more than Conrad…
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
they used to upgrade HH gold to executive floor, but not anymore.

in my upcoming reservation (tomorrow), they only upgrade my room to deluxe harbour view, which is my first time in non executive level.

i m still within cancellation window, thinking to cancel
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by kcl0203
they used to upgrade HH gold to executive floor, but not anymore.

in my upcoming reservation (tomorrow), they only upgrade my room to deluxe harbour view, which is my first time in non executive level.

i m still within cancellation window, thinking to cancel
If you decide to stick with the reservation, you might want to inquire when you check in. I can’t imagine that occupancy is an issue right now. I’ll be there in 2 weeks, and hoping to at least get lounge access, even if my room is not on the executive level.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:10 pm

They just doubled the prices for my dates, crazy. Guess I'm not staying here after all. Not a chance it's worth 3k HKD
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:54 pm

I also noticed a lack of reasonable points redemptions in Dec.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Originally Posted by SS255

If you decide to stick with the reservation, you might want to inquire when you check in. I can’t imagine that occupancy is an issue right now. I’ll be there in 2 weeks, and hoping to at least get lounge access, even if my room is not on the executive level.
Just returned from Conrad, executive benefit was granted at the time of check in. (I did ask anyway)

service was good as usual
SS255 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:32 pm

Does this hotel have an upgrade policy? I’m gold and wondering what the likelihood of an upgrade would be and my chances with lounge access.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by hsan
Does this hotel have an upgrade policy? I’m gold and wondering what the likelihood of an upgrade would be and my chances with lounge access.
The EL has been very very busy the last 4 or 5 times I have stayed there in the last couple of months. I have heard access is restricted to diamonds based on demand.
You should still get a room upgrade meaning higher floor, but outwith suites all the rooms are basically the same - views are different of course.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just wondering as a diamond, what are the chances of upgrading to a harbor view room or even a suite for a four night stay? I know some hotels are really hesitated for upgrades over two nights.

I'll be staying in the end of this month.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The ITDA
Just wondering as a diamond, what are the chances of upgrading to a harbor view room or even a suite for a four night stay? I know some hotels are really hesitated for upgrades over two nights.

I'll be staying in the end of this month.
I've been upgraded to a suite multiple times as a DIA staying 5 nights. Given the current drop in tourism and business travel to HKG, I would suspect that availability should be better than average, even with the conference season getting ready to start before too long.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
... Given the current drop in tourism and business travel to HKG, I would suspect that availability should be better than average, even with the conference season getting ready to start before too long.
Do these conferences have attendees from a wide international market or are they more the greater China area? Considering the recent disturbances in Hong Kong, why is it that the rates of nicer hotels have not come down very much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.