Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by elg26
Going in April to the Conrad HK. Im Gold, I know I have late check out, but do I have early check in? What time is check in?

If im arriving in the mid morning, can I assume they will allow me to check in (even if no room is available) and still use the facilities? ie Pool, etc....
Hi,

Officially check in time is 3pm. However if the hotel has rooms available and subject to avaiability you should be able to get an early check in (if the hotel was fully booked the night before then there may only be a limited number of rooms available.

A few years ago I arrived after a flight from Europe at around 9am and I was surprised and delighted to be able to check in at that time and go to my room ( as a HH Gold). . I would not see a problem about being able to use the pool.

Late check out on the other hand is probably going to be more variable. Although listed on the benefits page it can vary tremendously ( one time I got 2pm and another time I got 4pm although they did say with the 2pm the hotel was full that night so I think with more availability they might have offered later). I was in the Exeutive level both times so there was no problem about using the lounge after check out.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
What kind of food is being served in the evenings now? Anything look good?
Replying to my own question here. The evening appetizers were pretty disappointing. If you like tortilla chips you are in luck though. Lounge was not crowded at all around 700PM. Didn't bother to go back the next night.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:59 pm

Any recent upgrade experiences?

Am DIA, staying mid-May for 5 nights on points. Clearly there's a really wide spread of points based on room type, did read the thread and see some people have gone from standard award all the way up to King Exec Harbor Suite, which would be amazing, but I'd rather not leave it to chance.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by smithrh

Am DIA, staying mid-May for 5 nights on points. Clearly there's a really wide spread of points based on room type, did read the thread and see some people have gone from standard award all the way up to King Exec Harbor Suite, which would be amazing, but I'd rather not leave it to chance.
Whatever anyone else's experiences have been, unless you book it you are leaving it to chance. But you knew that already right?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:03 pm

Of course.

Did you have an experience to communicate yourself?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by smithrh

I was there last November, Diamond, stayed one night on points. Upgraded to peak view room on executive floor.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I was there last November, Diamond, stayed one night on points. Upgraded to peak view room on executive floor.
Same here except booked the room with a weekend certificate.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Just back a week ago, 5 night points stay as Diamond and upgraded to peak view on 56th floor. Exec lounge is 59th floor. Room looked a bit tired to me, decorative wallpaper highlight strip was rather impressively hanging off the wall on all 3 sides, and the lounger type chair was somewhat stained. No USB ports. Quiet room even though it was close to the lift, and good bed.

Everyone's idea of food quantity and quality is different. We did the afternoon tea thing a couple of days, and it was fine. The evening offerings were a little light, but there were sandwiches and some small hot offerings. I remember slider type burgers one night, and some skewered beef pieces another. In all you could make a small meal which for us is enough eating in the evening. Arrived one evening @6:50pm, and it was a bit supermarket sweep to get a few plates of stuff. Staff do come round to tell you things are closing up and get "last orders".

Outside of the official times, there is literally nothing edible, just coffee machine, hot water and some soft drinks.

For breakfast we alternated between the exec lounge and the main breakfast room, which had a lot more optons.

I'm guessing drink is expensive in HK. We had maybe a dozen drinks in the various hotel bars during our stay, and the checkout bill was $1900HK. Entertaining 4-piece swing-type band in the main lobby bar in the evening.

Last edited by tangey; Feb 27, 2019 at 3:30 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Twin Beds and a Family of Four

Hi All,

I hear the rooms at the Conrad are generously sized. Would a family of 4 be comfortable in the 2 twin beds? It is mom, dad and an 8 year old and a 11 year old.

The kids should fit, but what about the adults?

Will the Executive Lounge allow a family of 4? I am Diamond and wife is Gold.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Hi All,

I hear the rooms at the Conrad are generously sized. Would a family of 4 be comfortable in the 2 twin beds? It is mom, dad and an 8 year old and a 11 year old.

Most rooms there are triple occupancy technically, so you should run it by the hotel after booking as 2adults/1kid, as I always do. Ime they’ve been accommodating. Other hotels like Grand Stanford and Sheraton do not make exceptions, though.

For my family of 4, king plus rollaway (which they’ve provided free to me... I’m diamond) works out much better than two twins. It’s difficult for 2 people to share a bed that’s only 120cm or so wide whereas more manageable for 3 to share a king.

I’ve never had issues using EL with my family (4 total). This is a very generous and flexible hotel. It’s why this is one of my favorite hotels anywhere.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Hi All,

Email Eunice if she is still there (email can be found on these threads, I don’t recall it offhand). She was very nice and easy to work with. No problems for us with 2 adults, 2 kids. But that was 5 years ago and the kids were 7. They even surprised my twins, who celebrated their 7th birthday during our stay, with a cake. I believe we all slept on a single King bed, but It may have been 2 twins.

Also, no problems with 4 for the lounge, but it was being renovated at the time and the “lounge” was downstairs in the lobby. I don’t really think that made any difference though.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Had a 2night stay, few days ago, friendly service, but rooms are in need of refurbishment. Bose system is from year 1998. Loved the Peak view though, better than Harbour view for me.
Lounge quality is weak compared to Grand Hyatt for example, although pricing is similar in both hotels.
Very nice amenity-wise, got Perrier-Jouët champagne and huge choice of fruits and chocolates both days. Funnily enough there was no champagne in the lounge though, just prosecco.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by gvaughn

Email Eunice if she is still there (email can be found on these threads, I don’t recall it offhand). She was very nice and easy to work with.
Eunice left a couple of years ago. She is no longer working in hospitality. However, the new Executive Floor Manager, Gloria Kwan, is very nice.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Eunice left a couple of years ago. She is no longer working in hospitality. However, the new Executive Floor Manager, Gloria Kwan, is very nice.
Thats too bad, but thanks for the update.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:54 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I'm looking at an October/November stay. The low $2000s seem to be as good as it gets, but it goes up to high $3K/$4K on some dates which I'm not prepared to pay.

I'll probably book the cheap dates now and look for alternatives on the expensive days, but is there any chance of the expensive rates coming down in the next few months?

I will be staying with my wife and our newborn, who will be 6 months old when we go to HK. The rate for 2 adults is higher than 1 adult, so to take advantage of the 2nd guest free benefit should I be booking as 1 adult and 1 child?

Would there be any issues with having the baby in the lounge for breakfast/evening? So far he has been very easy to calm, not sure how he will be when he gets a bit bigger!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.