Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 29, 15, 2:05 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 04, 1:50 pm
  #1  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: hopefully travelling
Programs: up in the air
Posts: 70,766
Arrow Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Posts older than 2017 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Hong Kong

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 18 at 8:12 pm
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 3, 17, 1:44 am
  #2  
formerly AtomicLush
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ORD (formerly SAN)
Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire; AA Platinum Pro (DH = EXP), Delta Gold
Posts: 1,629
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
To what?
Harbourview suite. I stayed there a second time the following week and it was remarkably busier. The second week, I had booked 2 harbourview rooms and only 1 room was upgraded to a lower level "harbourview" suite (47th floor - you can't see anything - blocked by the adjacent building) and the other room was a normal harbourview room on the executive floor. I don't think they should be claiming the lower floors as harbourview. There really is nothing to see other than the building in front of it. During the second week, there was a line to get into the EL, and they were allowing people to take food back to their rooms as there was nowhere to sit.
TravelLawyer is offline  
Old Jan 3, 17, 12:02 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Posts: 230
Stayed here a few days ago for two nights as a Diamond. Was upgraded to the 60th floor with harbour view. Check-in and stay was excellent overall. I followed much of the recent advice in this thread, such as breakfast downstairs which really was amazing IMO. Spent quite a bit of time in the executive lounge and was quite pleased. Only minor complaint is that it seemed my partner and I were not taken care of to the same level as other guests in the EL. At some points during afternoons/evenings, it seemed like we were being ignored and everyone else around us was being attended to. Perhaps this was due to our age (early 30's), as many of the other guests were our senior. Despite this, I can't wait to return and try the other Conrad's in Asia. Does every Conrad give you a free teddy bear because I think we want to collect them all!?
earlyriser is offline  
Old Jan 3, 17, 5:20 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WSSS/RCTP
Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by earlyriser View Post
Stayed here a few days ago for two nights as a Diamond. Was upgraded to the 60th floor with harbour view. Check-in and stay was excellent overall. I followed much of the recent advice in this thread, such as breakfast downstairs which really was amazing IMO. Spent quite a bit of time in the executive lounge and was quite pleased. Only minor complaint is that it seemed my partner and I were not taken care of to the same level as other guests in the EL. At some points during afternoons/evenings, it seemed like we were being ignored and everyone else around us was being attended to. Perhaps this was due to our age (early 30's), as many of the other guests were our senior. Despite this, I can't wait to return and try the other Conrad's in Asia. Does every Conrad give you a free teddy bear because I think we want to collect them all!?
Oooh I get you buddy. My gf and I are in our late 20s and there had been a number of times when we were checking in and went over to HHonors queue and the FD agent will come over and say, "Hi the queue is over at the other side. This is for our exclusive Hilton Honors guests." And I would give the FD staff a smile and say I'm a HHonors member.

There would be a suspicious look as they check us in and tap away on the computer, followed by an embarrassed/apologetic or forced smile, "Welcome back Mr RCTP and thank you for being our loyal HHonors member. As our exclusive Diamond guest blah blah blah...."

Not just at this property, but elsewhere too. However I'm glad to say this only happens to around 2% of my stays. Majority of the time the treatment is fantastic.
RCTP is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 12:13 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: RNO, NV, USA.
Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Posts: 3,976
Originally Posted by earlyriser View Post
Does every Conrad give you a free teddy bear because I think we want to collect them all!?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-you-have.html
restlessinRNO is offline  
Old Jan 5, 17, 1:14 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
Excellent, thank you
earlyriser is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:34 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by RCTP View Post
Oooh I get you buddy. My gf and I are in our late 20s and there had been a number of times when we were checking in and went over to HHonors queue and the FD agent will come over and say, "Hi the queue is over at the other side. This is for our exclusive Hilton Honors guests." And I would give the FD staff a smile and say I'm a HHonors member.

There would be a suspicious look as they check us in and tap away on the computer, followed by an embarrassed/apologetic or forced smile, "Welcome back Mr RCTP and thank you for being our loyal HHonors member. As our exclusive Diamond guest blah blah blah...."

Not just at this property, but elsewhere too. However I'm glad to say this only happens to around 2% of my stays. Majority of the time the treatment is fantastic.
Happens to me all the time too. Especially since i'm in my early 20s and i dress like a punk (think head to toe Adidas or joggers with t-shirt). Front desk agents are humans after all, and humans are judgemental.
Jerrremy is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 2:42 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Posts: 17,671
Part of an email I received Sunday:

"Please be advised that our Executive Lounge on Level 59 will be closed for a private event on Sunday, 29 January 2017 from 12:00 noon onwards. Normal services will resume on the following day.

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge."


The new year's fireworks over the harbor will be that evening, so there will be no watching them from the lounge for me.
SFOTerry is offline  
Old Jan 11, 17, 7:10 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Metal tube with wings
Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Posts: 407
I would've thought they'd open a few suites up to have lounge people in. Haven't they done this previously for NYE?
oh_lol is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 1:35 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Posts: 17,671
Sunday 29 Jan is actually NYD+1, when the fireworks show occurs.

The email also stated:

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge.

But I doubt if the fireworks will be as visible from there.
SFOTerry is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 3:24 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Posts: 1,146
Originally Posted by SFOTerry View Post
Sunday 29 Jan is actually NYD+1, when the fireworks show occurs.

The email also stated:

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge.

But I doubt if the fireworks will be as visible from there.
In the year I was there at Chinese New Year, a couple of rooms were opened on the same floor along from the Executive Lounge for those entitled to be in the lounge but unable to because of a "private function". We had a great view of the fireworks. The is still time for them to organize that if they were so inclined or encouraged.
turtlemichael is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 2:06 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Posts: 17,671
Originally Posted by turtlemichael View Post
In the year I was there at Chinese New Year, a couple of rooms were opened on the same floor along from the Executive Lounge for those entitled to be in the lounge but unable to because of a "private function". We had a great view of the fireworks. The is still time for them to organize that if they were so inclined or encouraged.
Thanks!

And how was the view from that level? Do you think it would be worth going elsewhere? I think the view from the other side of the harbor might be better, but I'm not going over there just for that.
SFOTerry is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:24 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kuala Lumper
Programs: DL, AA, CX, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt
Posts: 10
Has anyone had experience of upgrades on the recent 2 for 1 visa promotion at the Conrad HK?
Fearsome Puppy is offline  
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:59 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Posts: 1,146
Originally Posted by SFOTerry View Post
Thanks!

And how was the view from that level? Do you think it would be worth going elsewhere? I think the view from the other side of the harbor might be better, but I'm not going over there just for that.
The view was excellent but through the mist (aka smog).
turtlemichael is offline  
Old Jan 13, 17, 6:06 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Posts: 4,832
Originally Posted by SFOTerry View Post
Part of an email I received Sunday:

"Please be advised that our Executive Lounge on Level 59 will be closed for a private event on Sunday, 29 January 2017 from 12:00 noon onwards. Normal services will resume on the following day.

During this time, we have arranged an exclusive area at our Lobby Lounge (located on Lobby Level) where you can continue to enjoy the many benefits of Executive Lounge."


The new year's fireworks over the harbor will be that evening, so there will be no watching them from the lounge for me.
Thanks for the heads up, although we're planning on grabbing a bottle of bubbly and going to park next to the convention center for the fireworks. It will be interesting to see how the lobby lounge setup will work out otherwise.
teemuflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread