Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by smithrh
Silly question which I never to around to asking staff - where does the circular staircase in the executive lounge go?

Please don't tell me it leads to a nicer lounge... lol
Floors 58 & 60--guests on those floors can access the EL without using the lift.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smithrh
Silly question which I never to around to asking staff - where does the circular staircase in the executive lounge go?

Please don't tell me it leads to a nicer lounge... lol
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Floors 58 & 60--guests on those floors can access the EL without using the lift.
Which is a really nice benefit when the elevators are busy, even if you are on the 56th floor! Had rooms on those floors twice, and appreciated the convenience, and the great highest level views of course..
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:59 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just had a very nice stay at Conrad. Yes, it's an older, more traditional property (that does need the rooms to be renovated) but the service ethic right from arrival to the upgraded Harbour View Executive accommodation, check-in, exec lounge & departure was exceptional & I (for once ) actually felt like a valued Honors guest ^ The only negative was that the pool was closed for maintenance & they gave no advance notice of this.
Now, about that renovation.......
Abidjan, RafKa and Beano like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by NoY
Just had a very nice stay at Conrad. Yes, it's an older, more traditional property (that does need the rooms to be renovated) but the service ethic right from arrival to the upgraded Harbour View Executive accommodation, check-in, exec lounge & departure was exceptional & I (for once ) actually felt like a valued Honors guest ^ The only negative was that the pool was closed for maintenance & they gave no advance notice of this.
Now, about that renovation.......
Do you know how long the pool will be closed? I’m staying here for 2 nights in September.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:37 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255

Do you know how long the pool will be closed? I’m staying here for 2 nights in September.
No, sorry, I didn't ask. They have an arrangement with JW Marriott which is virtually next door but I couldn't be bothered with the faff.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Due to the protests and low season, most dates between now and 4 weeks out can be had for HKD 1,800++ on a flex rate (single occupancy) or 67k pts. Pretty good value!

Meanwhile the HGI is going for HKD 600++ on prepaid (HKD 720++ semi flex).
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Maybe instead of wallowing in my misery that I booked a pre-paid rate for September, I can hope for a decent upgrade due to low occupancy?
Cymro and RafKa like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Maybe instead of wallowing in my misery that I booked a pre-paid rate for September, I can hope for a decent upgrade due to low occupancy?
If you're feeling cheeky, you could e-mail the Diamond Desk and see if they could put you into whatever room category your prepaid rate would get you if you booked today!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
If you're feeling cheeky, you could e-mail the Diamond Desk and see if they could put you into whatever room category your prepaid rate would get you if you booked today!
Except I’m a Gold, so perhaps I should have my Diamond father email the Diamond desk. (Or maybe now would be a good time to get the Aspire card???)
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA

Except I’m a Gold, so perhaps I should have my Diamond father email the Diamond desk. (Or maybe now would be a good time to get the Aspire card???)
fyi, with my gold status + fhr, i booked the cheapest room last month and got upgraded to executive harbour view
SS255, NoY and Richmond_Surrey like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Here on a 3 night stay. Upgraded to executive floor King. Room is pretty dated and small. Service has been good and breakfast downstairs is wonderful. Executive lounge is too small and the quality of food served is not that great in the evening. Mini pizza bites, quiche, chips and salsa? I don’t know... maybe I’ve just been spoiled at the Singapore Conrad. The wine selection sucks as well.
craig44485 and yurtripper like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Upgraded to executive floor King. Room is pretty dated and small. ... maybe I’ve just been spoiled at the Singapore Conrad.
I don’t disagree with the dated comment - I think the hotel definitely needs a refresh. Their choice to use more traditional style furniture instead of modern also doesn’t help. However, the rooms are actually slightly bigger than the comparable room category at the Conrad Singapore. Perhaps it’s due to the furniture arrangement or shape of the room? I find the room size to be quite adequate.
NoY and Cymro like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Here on a 3 night stay. Upgraded to executive floor King. Room is pretty dated and small. Service has been good and breakfast downstairs is wonderful. Executive lounge is too small and the quality of food served is not that great in the evening. Mini pizza bites, quiche, chips and salsa? I don’t know... maybe I’ve just been spoiled at the Singapore Conrad. The wine selection sucks as well.
Being very familiar with both the Hong Kong and Singapore Conrads I have always found it a bit surprising that the SIN Conrad has such a better selection of wines and bubbles vs. HKG given the vast cost difference the SIN Conrad has to pay for the supplies due to local taxes vs. HKG. One would think that the competitive conditions would be close to same, so something that I'm not aware of must be in play.
craig44485 and ashkale like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Just had a very ordinary 2 night stay at the property- the lounge really needs serious remodeling along with a much nicer selection & presentation of food and drink items. Its really is so poor it should be a double tree!
craig44485 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
I don’t disagree with the dated comment - I think the hotel definitely needs a refresh. Their choice to use more traditional style furniture instead of modern also doesn’t help. However, the rooms are actually slightly bigger than the comparable room category at the Conrad Singapore. Perhaps it’s due to the furniture arrangement or shape of the room? I find the room size to be quite adequate.
Yes, the rooms at Conrad HKG are very good sized, especially for Hong Kong. The property is in dire need of a refresh though. It's several years overdue now. I probably wouldn't stay again until they've done that, would take the JW despite much smaller rooms and inferior views.
craig44485 and yurtripper like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.