Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by markis10
Have always struggled with Hong Kong hotels with the cost vs value equation, and until this week had never considered a hotel room at $400 a night to be value, Conrad HK changed my mind, and while I won’t be a frequent visitor, will be treating myself again in the future. Great service, great views and breakfast in the restaurant very good.
when you do the the numbers on rental properties (or own property in Hong Kong ) you understand the room charges (and become more accepting of the rates)
Hong Kong properties (per m2) are among the highest in the world !
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I am a diamond, so I don’t have issues getting Exec lounge access at the Conrad Hong Kong. I emailed the Conrad to confirm Exec Lounge access for my parents who are Gold. And someone replied back that “Regret to inform you that Hilton Honors Gold member does not include Executive Lounge Access.” Is this changed? I thought that’s how they give the free breakfast option - through the lounge? Is this no longer the case? I want to prepare my parents before they arrive.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I am a diamond, so I don’t have issues getting Exec lounge access at the Conrad Hong Kong. I emailed the Conrad to confirm Exec Lounge access for my parents who are Gold. And someone replied back that “Regret to inform you that Hilton Honors Gold member does not include Executive Lounge Access.” Is this changed? I thought that’s how they give the free breakfast option - through the lounge? Is this no longer the case? I want to prepare my parents before they arrive.
No EL for gold unless upgraded to Exec room. Non-EL Breakfast is downstairs.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks. That makes sense. I think I’m confusing it with Conrad Macau. They don’t give you restaurant certs unless you’re Diamond.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Except this property has always granted Golds lounge access. And they've always allowed both Gold and Diamond to choose breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant

If that's no longer true, it would be a big change.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Except this property has always granted Golds lounge access. And they've always allowed both Gold and Diamond to choose breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant

They also upgraded a silver to the lounge access too!
they said "we noted you were a diamond last time you were here. We treat you as diamond" (Iwas a silver) ...made me feel really great
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

That's what I had thought too! Is this one of the changes under new management?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I am a diamond, so I don’t have issues getting Exec lounge access at the Conrad Hong Kong. I emailed the Conrad to confirm Exec Lounge access for my parents who are Gold. And someone replied back that “Regret to inform you that Hilton Honors Gold member does not include Executive Lounge Access.”
Are your parents staying on their own, or will you be there? If you are there and book two rooms under your name (one for you and one for your parents), your parents may get lounge access. If your parents are staying on their own, one option is to book a room in your name with your parents as additional guests. When checking in, they can say you are not traveling with them and will arrive later (hence they don't have your passport). That way your parents should get Diamond benefits.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:43 pm

@anabolism my parents will on their own, so I won't be there. They are actually booking with points or a voucher (don't know which). In either case, I won't be able to help book their hotel under my name. Hoping they get upgraded to an exec room under their own status. Will update when we find out - they travel next month.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I believe they are just giving you a standard, by the book answer. When you’re physically there to check in, they’ll most probably give an upgrade to exec room.

That’s what happened to me as a Gold.

Can you imagine them promising lounge access to a non-Diamond on a black and white correspondence? Which is against Hilton policy?
JJeffrey and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have had the pleasure of staying at the Conrad HK as a day room guest on a couple of occasions recently. Diamond got me a very high floor and a suite. A bottle of Australian Merlot, chocolates and a fruit plate were provided. Superb service, very comfortable beds (I rested after an overnight flight from Europe) and big bathrooms. The rate for the day room was very attractive on both occasions and I checked in around 08.00 and checked out at 18.00. Although it is a ride into town, I enjoyed my stays. I normally stay at the Novotel CityGate but its day rates are high (matched Conrad) and you can't check in until at least 14.00 and check out at 22.00 - hardly a day room. Had a tasty Bolognese for some comfort food for lunch in my room.
Didn't use the lounge except to check out and have a quick drink before leaving. It was busy but has a great view over the harbor. Again, great staff and service.
Uber between the airport and the city took about 30 minutes each way despite it being rush hour. Will be using it again.
TravelLawyer likes this.

Last edited by CHCflyer; Oct 5, 2018 at 12:50 am Reason: Adding further info
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:28 am

CHCflyer, I'm curious about the wine. Was it a part of your day-room package? Or does it now come automatically with the fruits and chocolates, however long the suite stay may be? If so, it must be an enhancement recently introduced by the "new management" that AtomicLush mentions in Posting 699. Does anyone know who, or which company, took over management of this property?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
We are returning to Conrad Hong Kong in 2 weeks time for our wedding anniversary as Diamond
Had such a fantastic stay last year we really wanted to return
Service was amazing from start to finish
Staff in lounge extended us the most friendly personal service and made us feel very special
At afternoon tea there was a very nice homemade apple crumble with fresh cream
In the evening staff in lounge came over to advise alcohol service was about to stop and offered us fresh drinks
We were given a very late checkout of 9pm and a personal goodbye by various managers
Lots of nice extras like Chinese tea brought to room most nights made the stay very memorable

kirkwoodj and Beano like this.

Last edited by PaulH1; Oct 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by PaulH1
We are returning to Conrad Hong Kong in 2 weeks time for our wedding anniversary as Diamond
Had such a fantastic stay last year we really wanted to return
Service was amazing from start to finish
Staff in lounge extended us the most friendly personal service and made us feel very special
At afternoon tea there was a very nice homemade apple crumble with fresh cream
In the evening staff in lounge came over to advise alcohol service was about to stop and offered us fresh drinks
We were given a very late checkout of 9pm and a personal goodbye by various managers
Lots of nice extras like Chinese tea brought to room most nights made the stay very memorable

A typical stay. That's why I love this place.
Beano likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Likemiles
CHCflyer, I'm curious about the wine. Was it a part of your day-room package? Or does it now come automatically with the fruits and chocolates, however long the suite stay may be? If so, it must be an enhancement recently introduced by the "new management" that AtomicLush mentions in Posting 699. Does anyone know who, or which company, took over management of this property?
Pic shows the display - the chocs were added as they were on a different surface, and I did discretely check that the wine was not some attractive mini-bar bait. Similar display on my second visit but macaroons instead of chocs. Welcome ;letter at reception and another letter from the exec floor manager. A note under the door offered to provide a tea service welcome when convenient (I was showering when it arrived).
The level of service is simply outstanding.
My room rate was simply the one you can book via the app.
They will keep my business - I stay in hotels every week so am a little jaded but this is the best I have experienced

kirkwoodj and Beano like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.