Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry a. laska
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

The 59th floor Executive Lounge has opened again today (Sunday, 1st Sept. 2013) after an extensive refurbishment. Pictures of the new lounge can be seen here:

New Exec Lounge Pictures by infoworks

10 Things to do while at the Hong Kong Conrad by wideman
Print Wikipost

Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 10:44 pm

How strict are they with access to the Executive Lounge? Can a Gold member on the Executive floor bring in another hotel guest (staying on a normal floor) without paying extra?

Thanks,
Old May 20, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
How strict are they with access to the Executive Lounge? Can a Gold member on the Executive floor bring in another hotel guest (staying on a normal floor) without paying extra?

Thanks,
I can't speak to that specifically, but i can say every single time i went in they did ask for my room #. I never tried to bring anyone other than who was registered in my room however.
midnightmartini likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Meh

Thanks,
One guest is fine, especially one staying in the hotel.
I have brought two guests living in HK and I had to pay for one of them for what they consumed, the other covered by hotel.
In saying that I am regular and know the staff well.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold

Thanks,
The rule is 2 registered guests per room have access.
I once brought in an unregistered guest when I stayed alone and got a bill for his consumptions. So next time I will just have the guest register.

That said, I have also booked 2 rooms before and the 4 of us where granted access, (I was the only diamond).

Ask nicely and generally they will help,

Globalist
Old May 20, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Globalist
The rule is 2 registered guests per room have access.
Do they enforce this? In other words, do they ever charge EL access fee for 3rd guest staying in the same room as Diamond? I never have at HKG.
They enforce this at Tokyo, though.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Globalist
That said, I have also booked 2 rooms before and the 4 of us where granted access, (I was the only diamond).
Thanks for the datapoint, when booking did you place 2 pax into each room (slightly higher rate) or just booked for 1 pax and added the names later ?
Old May 21, 2018, 2:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wantan
Thanks for the datapoint, when booking did you place 2 pax into each room (slightly higher rate) or just booked for 1 pax and added the names later ?
I always book 1 pax per room, and email ahead with my plans and request asking if they can accommodate. Like for this instance it was my partner and me in 1 room (this is a normal diamond benefit to have the 2nd guest free) and I told them my sisters would be sharing the twin room which I booked for the same date. They never gave me an additional charge and when I asked if the would be allowed exec access they granted it. It of course they would be in their relight to deny or to charge,

Globalist

Old May 21, 2018, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by evergrn
Do they enforce this? In other words, do they ever charge EL access fee for 3rd guest staying in the same room as Diamond? I never have at HKG.
They enforce this at Tokyo, though.
Never stayed with more then 2 people in one room so can’t comment, sorry.

Globalist
Old May 21, 2018, 8:11 am

Wife and I are both diamonds. We stayed at Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Macau Conrad’s with two in one room and four (children) in the other. We received lounge access and/or restaurant breakfast for all 6 in all three.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:51 pm

Just heard from a Hilton insider (a GM) that this Conrad will soon be unbranded. If true, this is very sad.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
That would be terrible
Old May 25, 2018, 12:57 am

What?!!
Old May 25, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bamboola
Just heard from a Hilton insider (a GM) that this Conrad will soon be unbranded. If true, this is very sad.
This would be the biggest withdrawal from Hong Kong since 1997...
Old May 25, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
That would be bad news. Any proposed dates? I would love to stay there again, I loved it there.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bamboola
What? I have two award reservations: November and December 2018. Stays before and after a stay in a more spartan hotel where my meeting is. I already purchased the airline ticket for those days. This would be a disaster........

On every trip to Hong Kong, from that spartan hotel we would walk many times to the top of the Peak. Every time, my wife would point the Conrad. Not so subtle message: I knew that I had to book a stay there. Then, to make that the flights are not on the weekends (to increase the chances of upgrades), the one booked stay became 2 booked stays.

I hope they reconsider this awful move.

Last edited by StuckinITH; May 26, 2018 at 12:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.