Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2006, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, BD Silver, HH Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I think the new lounge was opening w/c 17th April, they are dedicating all of the 8th floor as the executive floor.

The definately have BBC 1 & 2 and I think 3 and 4 as Little Britian was on when I was there.
Old May 12, 2006, 4:09 pm

Spent two nights at CGD last week and new lounge is on top floor on corner overlooking Concorde. Room is quite smaller than original but is very nicely appointed. Seating will be a problem.
Old May 13, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Am going to be staying here next week for the champions league final at stade de france. Considering that match finishes at 23:00, and am out of stadium by 23.30-23:50, what are my options of getting back to the hotel. Will it be a case of going to somewhere like Gare du Nord and getting a taxi back, as believe trains stop quite early.Tks.
Old May 17, 2006, 10:59 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Am going to be staying here next week for the champions league final at stade de france. Considering that match finishes at 23:00, and am out of stadium by 23.30-23:50, what are my options of getting back to the hotel. Will it be a case of going to somewhere like Gare du Nord and getting a taxi back, as believe trains stop quite early.Tks.
To see your various options, see: http://www7.ratp.info/Pivi/piviweb.p...co&Profil=RATP

Bonne chance!

After your stay, please post your impressions. tx**

Last edited by pdb; May 17, 2006 at 11:08 pm
Old May 18, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: HH <>, B6 mosaic
Just an FYI. The restaurant in the hotel is way overpriced and the food is crap. I had a hamburger there, longing for a taste of home after 7 days in France and it was terrible. It had a fish flavor to it and I think a burger and a diet coke cost me almost $30 US.

The hotel itself was fine for an early morning departure. Exec floor upgrade was nice. The breakfast buffet was also good.
Old May 19, 2006, 12:32 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by bcl00
Just an FYI. The restaurant in the hotel is way overpriced and the food is crap. I had a hamburger there, longing for a taste of home after 7 days in France .
I would disagree somewhat. The restaurant is somewhat pricey, but I have always enjoyed the food there, although I have never tried a hamburger.
Old May 26, 2006, 11:15 am
pdb

CDG Hilton vs. Hyatt?

So as not to create another thread, does anyone (with experience at this property as well as Hyatt's property at CDG) have any comparison observations?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pdb
So as not to create another thread, does anyone (with experience at this property as well as Hyatt's property at CDG) have any comparison observations?
I can't make comparisons as we have stayed at the Hyatt but not the Hilton although we will in a few weeks time.
Our stay at the Hyatt was in a room on the exec floor. Very nice hotel in the sleek, modern kind of style that goes with upscale airport properties but utterly soulless and made worse by the fact that the hotel was very empty, giving it an X-files-ish kind of feel. Staff fairly friendly, albeit with a certain degree of attitude.

No breakfast in the lounge at the weekend but you get complimentary breakfast in the restaurant instead. The restaurant breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.

Now a couple of questions of my own:
Regarding the Hilton, Jouy31 suggests in another thread that, as Gold/Diamond, you get a choice of breakfast either in the lounge or in the restaurant. Is it a choice of EITHER you get an exec. floor room and lounge access OR you get a room elsewhere and then get restaurant breakfast coupons or can you have your cake and eat it, viz. get upgraded to the exec floor with lounge access privileges AND have the opportunity to take your breakfast downstairs instead?
We tend to prefer a better breakfast over a more comfortable location and, as a rule, this tends to mean breakfasting in the restaurant rather than the lounge. Is this true at CDG as well?
Other question: at what time does the lounge close in the evening?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by NickB
Now a couple of questions of my own:
Regarding the Hilton, Jouy31 suggests in another thread that, as Gold/Diamond, you get a choice of breakfast either in the lounge or in the restaurant. Is it a choice of EITHER you get an exec. floor room and lounge access OR you get a room elsewhere and then get restaurant breakfast coupons or can you have your cake and eat it, viz. get upgraded to the exec floor with lounge access privileges AND have the opportunity to take your breakfast downstairs instead?
We tend to prefer a better breakfast over a more comfortable location and, as a rule, this tends to mean breakfasting in the restaurant rather than the lounge. Is this true at CDG as well?
Other question: at what time does the lounge close in the evening?
I was there again last Saturday . I was upgraded to a large corner room on the 5th floor with exactly the same view on Concorde you have 3 floors above in the Executive Lounge, to which I had access as a Diamond. On this occasion, I was given the choice of having breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant, but this was not significant, as it was a week-end stay with breakfast included. I have stayed there in the past during the week and, although the rate did not include breakfast, I was also given the choice of having breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant ^ .

Unfortunately, I do not remember when the lounge closes, but I was there at 9:30 PM.

Finally, this is one of the few Hiltons where, as a Diamond, I have always been upgraded and, always to these large corner rooms. ^
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I was there again last Saturday . I was upgraded to a large corner room on the 5th floor with exactly the same view on Concorde you have 3 floors above in the Executive Lounge, to which I had access as a Diamond. On this occasion, I was given the choice of having breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant, but this was not significant, as it was a week-end stay with breakfast included. I have stayed there in the past during the week and, although the rate did not include breakfast, I was also given the choice of having breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant ^ .

Unfortunately, I do not remember when the lounge closes, but I was there at 9:30 PM.

Finally, this is one of the few Hiltons where, as a Diamond, I have always been upgraded and, always to these large corner rooms. ^
Lounge closes 23:00.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:47 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Hilton CDG Mini Trip Report

My (very) recent experiences at Hilton CDG:

Location: Very Good. A hotel shuttle swings by all the terminals, but if need be you could probably walk there. The RER station (Terminal 1) is within easy walking distance, about 100 meters from the hotel entrance. This line runs into downtown Paris (Gare du Nord is about 20 minutes).

Room Comfort: I had a very large room. I'm not sure if it was an upgrade or not, but I doubt it. It seems as though all the rooms have windows overlooking runways or taxiways. This was good for a planespotter like me. Along with the Air France flights, I saw the ANA 747 land and the Air India 777 take off. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were very nice.

Bathroom: Almost perfect. Water pressure in the shower was very strong and hot water was consistent.

Minibar: Forget about it. 6 euros per beer (for canned Budweiser). No thank you.

Executive Lounge: No this was more like it. Free internet computer (only one). The lounge overlooks the Concorde, and at night the lights in the afterburners make it look like the bird is taking flight once again. Oh, and free beer (bottled 1664), wine and champagne up here. In the evening, the snacks come out, and are of fairly good quality.

Breakfast: A very nice breakfast spread. Hiltons in Europe seem to have this completely right. All the usual hot stuff, plus some French specialties, and an impressive selection of fruits.

Dinner: I ate at the buffet dinner one night here, and while it was good, it was way overpriced. If you are not tired, get on the RER and go into Paris to eat somewhere.

Internet: Wireless in the rooms, but you have to pay for it (22 euro/day). I think the hotel should provide this gratis, but I know that it must be a moneymaker.

All in all, a very nice hotel with some architectural appeal. I've also stayed at the Ibis at CDG, and the Hilton blew that away.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:53 am

CDG Hilton Lounge

What a lounge!

For a FTer, this is the lounge with the best view in the Hilton system. You can sit there at breakfast as in your own control tower, watching aircraft roaming around the airport. Air France has even placed a Concorde in direct view, so you can have your breakfast thinking about the good old times.

You can even take a stroll to the bird. It's sad to see it pinned down on three metallic legs like that, but in my opinion that little trip to F-BVFF this morning was well worth the stay at the Hilton CDG.

Great staff, easy transfer to CDG terminals, 30 min from downtown Paris, and a pool ^

An underrated gem, this hotel.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:07 pm

Totally agree stayed here last May for Champions League final, great lounge, staff are great, superb rooms, and very close to central Paris, indeed underrated, and a close second to the superb Hilton Cardiff.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Droneklax
What a lounge!

For a FTer, this is the lounge with the best view in the Hilton system. You can sit there at breakfast as in your own control tower, watching aircraft roaming around the airport. Air France has even placed a Concorde in direct view, so you can have your breakfast thinking about the good old times.

You can even take a stroll to the bird. It's sad to see it pinned down on three metallic legs like that, but in my opinion that little trip to F-BVFF this morning was well worth the stay at the Hilton CDG.

Great staff, easy transfer to CDG terminals, 30 min from downtown Paris, and a pool ^

An underrated gem, this hotel.
Thanks ^ this is definitely an option for an up and coming trip to Paris. Did you pick up their attitude, in the current climate, to upgrades/lounge access for Diamonds?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by Blue Roman
Thanks ^ this is definitely an option for an up and coming trip to Paris. Did you pick up their attitude, in the current climate, to upgrades/lounge access for Diamonds?
I'm gold, and keep staying there for 1 night at a time (thanks to a flight coming into CDG after my connecting flight leaves). I've always got lounge access + a room upgrade.

They've got a basic breakfast in the lounge, free breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, the food is very good

But the area around CDG is depressing (except for the view of that concorde, aint much else to see around CDG). You do want to stay in downtown paris if you're out touring paris or something. Doesnt make sense to stay way out in the wilds of Roissy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.