Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
You should stop at CDG1. Carefully follow the signs in the RER station and it will be fine. Then, when exiting the building, you can see the Hilton hotel about 200m away. Unfortunately, the entrance is not on the side facing the station, so you need to go around the building, but it is not that long.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
JOUY31: Merci!
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:07 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Hilton CDG - how accessible is it to T2?

Hi,

I'm contemplating to stay at the above property and I know that there is a shuttle to the terminals and it is situated next to the RER train station. From what I was able to find, the shuttle does not start until 6A. I wanted to get to the AZ counter at 2B before that. Does anyone know if it is feasible to walk from this hotel to the terminal?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aw
I'm contemplating to stay at the above property and I know that there is a shuttle to the terminals and it is situated next to the RER train station. From what I was able to find, the shuttle does not start until 6A. I wanted to get to the AZ counter at 2B before that. Does anyone know if it is feasible to walk from this hotel to the terminal?
My wife and I stayed at the Hilton CDG earlier this month.

It is not really feasible to walk to Terminal 2. Getting to Terminal 1 on foot is doable as the hotel is only a few hundred meters from the CDG 1 RER stop.

Fortunately, the hotel will run a shuttle upon request before 6 a.m. As its website says:

From Airport : Free shuttle service from 6 AM to 11.45 PM (every 20 min) and upon request between 11.45 PM and 6 AM
Alternatively, you could always take a very inexpensive cab ride to Terminal 2.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:31 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
So, you could definitely have a 5mn walk to the RER train station and then use the RER to connect to the center of CDG2. Schedules for the trains can be found at www.ratp.fr. Select :
- horaires
- RER
- ligne B
- tous les horaires
- direction Aéroport CDG
- the day of the week (Mon-Fri or Sa-Sun-Holidays)
On weekdays, the first train leaves the RER station at 5:28 and arrives at CDG2 at 5:30. The next one leaves at 5:56 and arrives at 5:58.

I agree that it would be much simpler to ask for a hotel shuttle.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Are you sure you can even take the RER From CDG 1 to CDG 2? I wanted to do just that last time I was there. The ticket window at CDG 1 was covered up with people so i went to the automated machine and it would not sell me a ticket from CDG 1 to CDG 2. I had to buy one for Parc des Expo and get off at CDG 1.

Hotel Shuttle or walk over to the bus area right next to the hotel and use the airport buses would be my suggestion.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 4:45 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
I stayed at this hotel last year and had a 6am flight. Checked out at 5am and asked for a Taxi to the airport - they found this to be a hilarious idea and replied that they had shiuttle service all night to stop guests being killed by Taxi Drivers... Then they drove me over straight away in the shuttle bus.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should have mentioned, but forgot to do so, that this hotel is available through Priceline. If you are willing to forgo HHonors points, using Priceline may save you a considerable amount of money.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Don't know if you're married to HH but the Sheraton CDG is right in T2. I used it last time I was there and it was a very decent hotel.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Don't know if you're married to HH but the Sheraton CDG is right in T2. I used it last time I was there and it was a very decent hotel.
It is very good indeed, but priced somewhat more expensive than the Hilton.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by JOUY31
It is very good indeed, but priced somewhat more expensive than the Hilton.
The Sheraton CDG can quite often be found in the Cash & Points offers.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:48 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thank you all for the suggestions and tips. Sheraton is ideal in terms of convenience but I can not find anything under 199 EUR for 1 night, which I think is a bit excessive for an airport layover. If this was in the center of Paris, I would not hesitate. Hilton has a decent rate for 99 EUR including taxes and I think I will go for it.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:46 am

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsfr
I stayed at this hotel last year and had a 6am flight. Checked out at 5am and asked for a Taxi to the airport - they found this to be a hilarious idea and replied that they had shiuttle service all night to stop guests being killed by Taxi Drivers... Then they drove me over straight away in the shuttle bus.
Not only a "hilarious idea", but one they'll refuse to honor no doubt.

Running late for a flight (my fault entirely) I once tried to 'bribe' a taxi driver with E50 for the 5 minute ride from here to there. Still he laughed in my face.

To this day I still can't imagine any U.S. taxis driver turing away $60 for a 5 minute fare. Just one more reason to love Paris.

Lihue1k
Old May 11, 2006, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Executive lounge Hilton Charles de Gaulle

Has Hilton renovated there Exec. Lounge recently? Any feedback on renovation.

Is it also true that Hotel rooms have bbc 1,2,3,and 4 on tv's.
Old May 12, 2006, 4:13 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Has Hilton renovated there Exec. Lounge recently? Any feedback on renovation.

Is it also true that Hotel rooms have bbc 1,2,3,and 4 on tv's.
The Hilton CDG is fairly new, so not sure what you expect in terms of renovation. The Exec lounge was clean and tidy, modern and not at all busy when I stayed there a couple of months ago. I ate breakfast in the restaurant.

I remember watching Neighbours in my room, so they have BBC 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.