Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I wish I'd read this thread first

I had some unfortunate experiences on arrival that stretched it out to over two hours. Some parts were my own doing, some were the hotel's -- "structural" and service flubs. I'm sharing them because I think others might benefit from them.

Very shortened moral of the story: Coming from town, go to CDG Aerogare 2, and take the hotel shuttle. (RoissyBus to T2 might be better, though I'm more than fine with Metro & RER.)

I turned up at Aerogare 1 from downtown to stay my last night (first stay) at the Hilton CDG before flying out. (Basic mistake -- on me.) I knew that the Hilton is "next to" Aerogare 1. I saw the back of the large Hilton facing the station just far enough away to be a problem with 'stuff' and it was wet, raining on and off. I saw the Hilton shuttle whiz away from the station as I was exiting. I assumed then that there would be a shuttle every few minutes. Broken link, on me. I looked for a sign, looked at all the several bus platform signs to see if the shuttle picked up there. I did not see any "Hilton" signs, inside the station or out. So I got a cart and walked over to Terminal 3. Wet pavement, misting. Normal things one deals with, forging a "new" path using public transportation.

There's a hotel shuttle stop there with several hotels' names and numbers on its glass wall, including Hilton's. Waited 45 minutes as other hotels' shuttles came and went. Called the Hilton. I was told no shuttle to Terminal 3/Aerogare 1, to go back to the Aerogare, turn right and go around the building to the front. Raining now. Dear reader, the distance is several stones' throws, though half the way is covered (not enclosed). A few broken links here, IMO, on them. And this is my lasting complaint from this whole episode: This link needs to be made patent. I was told that Hilton is not allowed to put up signs in the station.

Turned up at reception, wet. Hilton shuttles coming and going to the other terminals and Aerogare 2 in Terminal 2. Doorman not pleased to see my luggage cart. I wasn't proud of it, either... (On me? On them? Draw.)

Upgraded to a "deluxe" room, on the first (American second) floor but with lounge access, and it was indeed deluxe (160?). End of one of the forks, quite spacious, beautifully appointed, no view, but getting dark. But two twin beds. My Diamond profile and reservation say "King". I've never seen a twin bed in a "deluxe" hotel. Called down to ask for anything larger than twins -- two doubles would be OK. Operator said reception would call back. Reception didn't call back. I called again at 20 minutes. No problem to switch, but the person they sent up didn't arrive for 1/2 hour. Literally. When I called again. (Actually, the housekeeper showed up first to check to see if I'd used anything.) I didn't need to be waited on, and offered twice to go down to exchange keys. They insisted that they send someone up. On them, but they were trying to do the right things.

The new key didn't have lounge access. I was pretty hungry by now. Back down to reception: "Me again." (But on them.) Back up to the lounge at, literally, 8:01pm. Water-filled steam tray bottoms and nuts, and the lounge person was removing the nuts. Sincere (truly) apologies. Hotel literature says hors d'œuvre until closing at 11:00. Back to reception. Complaint time. Re the cumulative problems that had stretched until now. The receptionist, to whom I kept returning, knew them all. Manager, please. Offered a drink and bar menu, gratuit. Made good, in my view.

Again, some of this was on me, but the bulk of it was on them. I should add that, throughout, the Hilton staff were very service-minded and nice. I'm truly not being sarcastic.
Old May 10, 2009, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I will stay there in September ... 119 EUR for a Sunday night was rather inexpensive ... hoping for a nice upgrade. I will be arriving by TGV hoping to catch a Hilton shuttle somehow.
Old May 10, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
If your TGV goes to CDG, go up, up, up the escalators. The Hilton shuttle stops at the top level, directly above the train station.
Old May 12, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH, FB, PC, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by cfischer
I will stay there in September ... 119 EUR for a Sunday night was rather inexpensive ... hoping for a nice upgrade. I will be arriving by TGV hoping to catch a Hilton shuttle somehow.
No need to wait the shuttle. It could be long some time. You can use the "CDG Val". An free express light railroad between terminals. TGV stop is at the end of the line of GDGVal (go to the top of all the elevators to find the entrance). Exit at station "terminal3" (2nd stop) and get outside (bus station exit). The Hilton is just in front 5 minutes walk. Total ride could be 15 minutes.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:44 pm

On the scale...

What's being balanced here is the Hilton shuttle, every 15-20 minutes and vastly more convenient (and dry and warm or cool without the outside walk) vs. the light rail (which is new and nice) which runs about every five minutes and will involve that (>5 min.) outside walk. Neither choice is terrible. Here and above, I've indicated my preference. I suggest that luggage further tips the scale, literally and figuratively. I hope all this is not terribly redundant to anything upthread.

Edit: Full disclosure, and probably obvious, there would be the shuttle driver's tip as part of the balance. (The tram driver is in a computer control room.)

Last edited by Firewind; May 12, 2009 at 5:52 pm
Old May 12, 2009, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danielpascal
No need to wait the shuttle. It could be long some time. You can use the "CDG Val". An free express light railroad between terminals. TGV stop is at the end of the line of GDGVal (go to the top of all the elevators to find the entrance). Exit at station "terminal3" (2nd stop) and get outside (bus station exit). The Hilton is just in front 5 minutes walk. Total ride could be 15 minutes.
great info, thanks! I am often through CDG, but this is the first time I am actually staying at the airport before flying out the next day.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:44 pm
hok

Programs: LH SEN, AMEX Cent, HH DIA, SGP gold, Hyatt Plat,
rename the Hilton cdg bar

I stayed several times in this hotel during the last months and was always surprised about the behaviour of the bar tenders.
They start closing down the bar at 11.00 pm with people sitting at the bar or or tables ! Unbelievable unfriendly !
The should rename the bar into: Bar Sahara !!
hok
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:15 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
Am thinking of spending two nights in Paris at this hotel. I'll be with my two quasi-elderly parents. Any recent trip reports to provide? How much are taxis to go from the hotel to Eiffel Tower, Louvre, etc.? Also, any recent reviews of the airport shuttle?

Thanks a bunch. The trip is scheduled for October.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by novaguy30
Am thinking of spending two nights in Paris at this hotel. I'll be with my two quasi-elderly parents. Any recent trip reports to provide? How much are taxis to go from the hotel to Eiffel Tower, Louvre, etc.? Also, any recent reviews of the airport shuttle?
I cannot imagine why you would stay at the CDG Hilton when visiting Paris. Is it a lot cheaper than the Hiltons in Paris?

Any money you save would be spent on taxis to get to Paris itself. (I'm not sure, but I guess they would cost you at least 40€ one way.)
I guess you could, in theory, take the shuttle to CDG and than public transport (RER) into town. But that would take (between waiting and actual transport time) at least 1,5 hours each way.

And it’s not even a really good Hilton. And there is hardly anything around at night.

Paris is more than just a bunch of things to visit (Louvre, Tour Eiffel,...). It’s also a city to enjoy. And looking at planes taking off from CDG is not my idea of enjoying Paris.

Do your parents a favour and get an hotel in Paris, not in Roissy.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Pleasant stay at the Hilton CDG last night.

Some things I was very happy with:
  • Check in process was very quick - upgraded to the Executive floor;
  • Great view from my guest room window on the 8th floor;
  • Speedy room service, 20 minutes for a margarita pizza;
  • Four or five english language TV channels including BBC Two Scotland, I kid you not

Minor disappointments:
  • Entrance not obvious when approaching on foot from Roissypole - I ended up doing a 270 degree walk around past the loading dock before finding the front door;
  • Frustration with the guestroom WiFi service - signal would drop every 2-3 minutes. Swisscom Smartphone rate of EUR9 for 24 hours;
  • A/C was aggressively loud.

Unable to comment:
  • Whilst Exec lounge was open and available, it wasn't a benefit I made use of during the stay. Likewise with breakfast.

Oh! Did I say the view from the room was fabulous?

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 7, 2009 at 12:43 pm
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:35 pm

CDG Hilton Fire

At the Hilton Paris (CDG) airport hotel on 1/18 at 4:00am we had a fire and were out side for over an hour in the cold. After it was taken care of we were told to go back to our rooms. In the morning they acted as if it never occured. With water all over the lobby due to the sprinklers it was still obvious.

Would think a sorry or a note on a board in the lobby--- they go snippy if you made a comment at check out.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Sounds as if nobody got hurt. Good.

Snippy upon check-out? And I thought attitudes prevailed only in the US Hilton properties....
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by trk1
At the Hilton Paris (CDG) airport hotel on 1/18 at 4:00am we had a fire and were out side for over an hour in the cold. After it was taken care of we were told to go back to our rooms. In the morning they acted as if it never occured. With water all over the lobby due to the sprinklers it was still obvious.

Would think a sorry or a note on a board in the lobby--- they go snippy if you made a comment at check out.
I realize a fire is not a laughing matter but I did have to smile somewhat when I read your post. Glad everyone was okay though.

Bobette
Old Feb 1, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Booked Hilton CDG, now what?

I don't think I have ever stayed at a Hilton. Even though I had over 200 nights in hotels last year, most are not chains and I don't earn any elite status, etc. And in the case they are, usually the client pays directly. Kind of a drag, I guess.

But now I booked a night at the CDG airport because I want to have a very relaxing morning before flying to Bangkok in Y on KLM. (a real drag!)

So, the Hilton reservation process asked me if I wanted to sign up for HH, so I said yes but they never directed me to the sign-up page. So I signed up after the booking, but it didn't seem to offer any bonus points for the first stay or anything, not sure why I thought it might. So blah blah, I guess, but is there anything I should be thinking about: give my Hilton number AND Delta card at check-in, get miles on both? Should I call that in ahead of time to add it to the booking? Any extra tips on staying at the Hilton CDG that I might not have seen in tripadvisor or here?

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:32 am

I'll let others handle the HHonors stuff but I think the CDG Hilton is over near a side terminal. Not a bad thing just a little tricky so be sure you call the front desk and learn exactly how to get to the hotel based on your mode of transportation to CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.