Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Thank you both for the advice. The plan would be to get some rest upon arrival, freshen up, then head into the city by 2:00 PM or so. We would not be spending the night there. I will check out the Yotel at the airport as that seems like it could be a better option, provided we could have access to our checked luggage.
No access to checked bags. It before you clear immigration into France. You would need to have what you need in carry on.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by adobbing
I’m no expert on this, but we did use the Yotel to kill time on the way back from the French Caribbean, before a flight that we’d allowed plenty of time to connect with.

We were able to access FOC through “Priority Pass” given on my Platinum Amex card.
Not sure whether you would have any similar options?

Couldn’t quite work out what it was trying to be, we expected an airport lounge.
From memory there were freely available drinks, food was basically from a glorified vending machine, which was obtained by the staff and supposedly up to a certain limit.

I know there were toilet facilities and I think probably showers etc, but didn’t get much further than that.

Attached is from the Priority Pass app, which gives you some details and directions.

It primarily a short term hotel. However they also operateopera"lobby" of the hotel as a lounge. You can access a shower while using as a lounge, but must pay for a room to sleep in.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Currently here for a night after scoring €65 rate. Not bad. A bit of a pain getting into the city since it’s so far out but it could be worse. Got upgraded to an executive room which means pretty much no upgrade. Since the lounge isn’t open you get a coupon for a snack which was chips and 2 dips as well as 2 drinks good for beer and wine. Was debating getting food here but at these prices I’ll just walk to the small grocery store at the train station. Food didn’t look bad from what I saw just extremely expensive. With not much being around here it’s not that surprising.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Any suggestion regarding the best way to go from the hotel to terminal 2 for a 7AM flight to UK? Bus, metro... taxi?
Thank you
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Lefly
Any suggestion regarding the best way to go from the hotel to terminal 2 for a 7AM flight to UK? Bus, metro... taxi?
Thank you
You can use the CDGVAL Station, T2/Roissyole, is just a 5 min walk from the Hilton.

Ride is/was free of charge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDGVAL
GUWonder and Lefly like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What is the hotel doing for breakfast these days? I see on the website it says lounge and breakfast are both listed as 'available'. And can you actually eat there without having a French health pass? I'm planning to get that, but probably not possible to do at the airport between a 9am arrival and breakfast (but maybe I'm wrong). Alternatively I may stay at the Moxy since I have an 84 rate available via a corp code that supposedly includes breakfast (though I've never used it at that particular Moxy)
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What is the hotel doing for breakfast these days? I see on the website it says lounge and breakfast are both listed as 'available'. And can you actually eat there without having a French health pass? I'm planning to get that, but probably not possible to do at the airport between a 9am arrival and breakfast (but maybe I'm wrong). Alternatively I may stay at the Moxy since I have an 84 rate available via a corp code that supposedly includes breakfast (though I've never used it at that particular Moxy)
I haven't been recently, but all restaurants, including the Moxy, are supposed to be requiring proof of vaccine or recent test. I'm sure you can use a foreign vaccine card as long as the vaccine is accepted in France. And they might not even ask for it after all. I wasn't asked at a hotel in Paris recently in the breakfast room. If you really want to know, just ring up the hotel and they will tell you.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Cant comment on Breakfast, but we had Dinner there in Mid November, had vaccine passes ready to show but no requests to see them. YMMV in light of Omicron.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
What are the lounge timings these days?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by remymartin
What are the lounge timings these days?
The executive lounge is open from 10:00 to 22:00. The happy hour timings aren't mentioned in the piece of paper, however food and liquor was removed 20:30 or 21:00.

update: "happy hour" 18:30-20:30

Last edited by remymartin; Mar 26, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jbeckett
An option would be to get the day rate - use the same day for check in and check out on the web site. However, this is for 9am to 6pm so may not be suitable since you'll probably be at the hotel by 7am.
Thank you for replying with this. We ended up booking a day room at the Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport hotel using the method you suggested. The price was 113 euros per room. I booked two rooms as that was just slightly more expensive then booking one room to accommodate 4 people.

I have to say that this turned out to be a perfect stay and way to freshen up after the long flight to Paris. We had a change in our flights and ended up getting to the hotel at 9am. As a diamond member, we were eligible for the free breakfast even though it was just a day room stay. The breakfast buffet had plenty of options and was very good for a standard Hilton property. Afterwards we went to our room and freshened up. Before departing around 4:00 PM we stopped into the executive lounge for snacks and a drink.

The RER station is right next to the hotel, and we took the train into Paris. All in, it was a perfect start to our trip.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Reasonable room and location, breakfast quite sad

Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Map| 3 Reviews | 33% Recommended

Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 Roissy CDG Cedex Roissy-en-France, FR 95708

Reasonable room and location, breakfast quite sad (23 Photos)

Booked this place for a 1 night layover before my flight the next morning.  This is the only Hilton property close to the airport.  This is my 3rd or 4th time staying at this property - mainly because it's part of the Hilton chain and there's none other in the area.

IMG_20220513_082505551_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220513_082537456_HDR.jpg

The property is located about 5 mins walk from the Roissypole station - which is where the RER to Paris and the CDGVal train connects you to the different Terminal at CDG.  From my last stay, I noticed that there's quite a few new hotels in the area.  

The main bus staion for CDG is also located in this area.  Besides this, there's not much of things to the do in the area and for food, the only other option is to get it at the small kiosks found in Roissypole.

Check In

For this stay, I used the app to select my room and online check-in.  I was able to secure a room facing the airport (which was a good view - including the view towards the AF concorde on display).  I also requested for the digital key, and as expected, for whatever reason (I was told at check-in this was for additional hold on the credit card).

I arrived rather late, towards 11pm, however there was still a longish line to get checked in by 2 staff on duty.  There was a HHonors desk, but as usual, these never work fine because it was so vaguely done, waited for about 15-20 mins before it was my turn.  Greeted by a non-interested/overworkd staff without any recognition.  Was only informed that the Executive Lounge (located on the ground floor) still closed.  Luckily my check-in was faster, and I was away within a few mins of arriving at the desk. 

IMG_20220512_225006382.jpg

IMG_20220512_225012995.jpg

Room

The room was located on the 8th floor.  The hotel is separated into 2 wings, and this was on the left side after stepping out from the lift. 

IMG_20220513_074005006.jpg

IMG_20220513_074112532.jpg

Room size was sufficient for this 1 night stay although as my last review, I found the room simple with minimal interior decoration.  Only improvement from my last stay (a few years ago) it seems like the rooms have had some minor refurbishiment, so it did feel slightly refreshed. 

IMG_20220512_225640056.jpg

IMG_20220512_225643358.jpg

IMG_20220512_225651220.jpg

Outside of that, it was the usual Hilton interior with a working desk and a small seating area close to the wardrobe (instead of the usual next to the window).  There was also the usual tea/coffee making facilities provided.  The minibar was empty.

Sleep quality was good with very good sound proofing from the windows and no interior noise disturbance.  The climate control was good with not too much noise at low speed.  

Internet speed was ok and TV channels were the usual mix of local and international options.  (actually more local options).

View from the room

IMG_20220513_073726030_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220513_073730079_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220513_073735651_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220513_073826833.jpg

Bathroom size was ok - with a separate walk-in shower and bathtub.  It looks like not much was done for the bathroom, as it seem to be exactly the same as my previous stay.  The shower area was on the smaller side.  Water pressure was good, and temperature was also sufficient. 

IMG_20220512_225658614.jpg

IMG_20220512_225702016.jpg 

Breakfast

Breakfast was served at the main restaurant, and sadly as per my previous experience, the breakfast quality was really poor.  Very limited items and the quality of the hot dishes were poor.  What was really strange was that, this is the first Hilton in Europe where cook to order eggs is only with additional payments.

IMG_20220513_074236006.jpg

IMG_20220513_074333900.jpg

IMG_20220513_074353406.jpg

IMG_20220513_074403274.jpg

IMG_20220513_074408327.jpg

IMG_20220513_074717044.jpg

Service staff on duty was basiclally not interested (like the last time).  Therefore my only conclusion here is that, the hotel does not really care about this - as I have provided this same feedback the last time and that was years ago, so it's clear management has no interest to improve the offerings/service. 

One interesting event was, there was what seem like a (grand)mother/daughter pair (which coincidentally rode in the same lift with me down to breakfast) - were clearly not embarassed or felt it was OK to fill up their plates with the hot items and shockingly, packed them into containers to bring with them.  It was not small portions, but filling in (previously used icecream containers) with eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc.  The (grand)mother even took loads of butter, cheese spread, etc packages and even the fresh fruits (like orange and grapefruit slices) went into plastic bags.  I had wanted to report this, but in the end, since the quality was already so bad, I just left it as most probably the food will go waste in the end.  What I question is how did they manage to stay at the hotel (since rates were not really that cheap and with the room price, they could have gotten much better quality product).  

Overall

All in all, an OK property if you are Hilton hotels loyal and the price is right.  For those who would be using this as the base to go into Paris, it does look doable if the travel time and cost is still worth the prices being charged for hotels in Paris itself.

Will still return only if the price is ok, i would not say it's a highly recommended property but doable.

IMG_20220512_230052052.jpg

IMG_20220513_074127722.jpg

Reasonable room and location, breakfast quite sad

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I just completed a one night stay, my third in the past decade. I was surprisingly upgraded from a Deluxe King to an Executive Plus King at check-in as a Diamond. However the room had many minor flaws, most noticeably the carpet hadn't been vacuumed in weeks or months. The sink/bathtub/shower drains were all uncovered or broken, and the small couch was in a very strange place. When I tried to move it, I realized at least one of the legs was broken and couldn't easily be moved. The room also had one towel, lacked coffee creamer/sugar, and had no lotion or shampoo. Overall it showed the cleaning staff are overworked and/or lack attention to detail.

As noted upthread, the quality of the breakfast food is very low. Everyone I saw who looked at the hot options (powdered eggs, baked beans, bacon, and 1 or 2 more options) closed the lids without taking anything. I had sliced meat, cheese, and a croissant (common European breakfast) that was decent, as well as bulk cut fruit that was mostly pineapple. At least it was free.

I appreciated the larger room and free breakfast, but will try another hotel when I want to stay near CDG the next time.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Cdg hilton paris

Spent my last night here before an early flight. Checked in about noon with no issue. Came back down to the lobby half an hour later and there must have been 25 people standing in line to check in. Just the thing you want to see after a 10-hour flight and the resulting enjoyments getting into France.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:35 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
One night stay during a connection earlier this week. Easy to access from Roissypole station on the CDG inter terminal tram. There is a small supermarket in the station, they are only open until 2000 however.

Lounge happy hour 1830 to 2030. Not much as far as food, some veggies/chips/dip and some hot ham and cheese bread. Beer and wine were on offer.

Nice room, requested an airfield view and got it, Concorde out the window and T1 behind that. Note that the Concorde is not lit up all night so get your photos when you can.

Breakfast as reported, hot items are still best to skip. The breads, cold meats, cheeses, pancake machine, etc. are a much better choice.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.