FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:32 am
FlytheTail

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I just completed a one night stay, my third in the past decade. I was surprisingly upgraded from a Deluxe King to an Executive Plus King at check-in as a Diamond. However the room had many minor flaws, most noticeably the carpet hadn't been vacuumed in weeks or months. The sink/bathtub/shower drains were all uncovered or broken, and the small couch was in a very strange place. When I tried to move it, I realized at least one of the legs was broken and couldn't easily be moved. The room also had one towel, lacked coffee creamer/sugar, and had no lotion or shampoo. Overall it showed the cleaning staff are overworked and/or lack attention to detail.

As noted upthread, the quality of the breakfast food is very low. Everyone I saw who looked at the hot options (powdered eggs, baked beans, bacon, and 1 or 2 more options) closed the lids without taking anything. I had sliced meat, cheese, and a croissant (common European breakfast) that was decent, as well as bulk cut fruit that was mostly pineapple. At least it was free.

I appreciated the larger room and free breakfast, but will try another hotel when I want to stay near CDG the next time.