Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
We stayed at the CGD Hilton in February.

It's an easy 15 minute walk once you exit the international terminal.
Also a convenient short walt to the train terminal if you want to go to Paris.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:55 pm

Is there any reason someone would bother with the shuttle when you can take the CDGVAL which is maybe 75 yards from the hotel?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm guessing you are talking about the Hilton Arc de Triomphe and the Roissy Bus to Opera Garnier on the Rue des Scribe?

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
not that I know of. The cost differential when two or more people are travelling is negative for the bus and the convenience of taxi direct to hotel is worth it even if travelling alone. If it is a nice day and you have time to burn the CDG buses arrive not too far from the hotel.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
From next month the Hilton shuttle will operate only to/from the TGV station (terminal 2F). The CDGVAL (light rail) stop at terminal 3 is about 100 yards from the hotel. http://www.easycdg.com/pages/cdgval_light_railpag.html
So the options include walk to terminal 2F (we will be arriving on LH from MXP this coming weekend - which terminal does LH use), or use the CDGVAL train from our terminal building, and stop at terminal 3?

When we arrive from YYZ on AC later in July, at which terminal building we will disembark?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Charles de Gaulle Hilton and Non-Car transportation to/from downtown Paris?

What are the options for transportation (outside of a rented car or taxi) between this hotel and downtown Paris?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The RER train to/from downtown, stopping at CDG train station #1, if you don't have much luggage. It is a walk from the train station around to the front from the back of the hotel - which is supposedly "adjacent" to the train station. Much of it is covered, but not all, so you can get drenched in the rain. When I had a challenging experience seeing a shuttle drop someone off at CDG train station 1, assuming that another would be along shortly, waited an hour, and called, I was told that many people expect the shuttle and many think the walk will be short. Another strategy is to take the RER to CDG train station #2, go directly up, up, up lifts or escalators upstairs to the hotel shuttle area on the highest level, and wait. Ironically, better this way if you have luggage -- and it's no more train fare. No luggage, just using the hotel as a base and going to/from town? Follow option 1, unless you've walked your feet off in town. That would be another reason to proceed to train station #2.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:33 pm

As an aside, note the 3 options for purchasing RER tickets:
  1. Vending machine/credit card: requires a CHIP & PIN card, so essentially no US-based credit cards will work. (I see the OP is from Canada; not sure if you have CHIP & PIN.)
  2. Vending machine/cash: No bills accepted, so have e8.40 in coins per passenger.
  3. Ticket office at CDG: Non-CHIP/PIN credit cards accepted, but the lines are usually horrifically long.
On a family trip last summer, having saved up e34 in coins made our trip into town from CDG much smoother.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
For a terminal 1 departure, we discovered it was easier to walk to the CDGVAL station from the hotel rolling our bags than it was to take the shuttle. YMMV, but if you are departing from terminal 1, you might consider that as an alternative tot he shuttle.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
As pointed out to me by beltway (thanks!):

this comment only applies to Arc De Triomphe--what was I thinking

Even more convenient, there are metro stations near the hotel that are great for getting to a number of places, including downtown, e.g. Franklin D Roosevelt Station--we walked most places from the hotel (up to about 16 km per day), not that far, especially enjoyable when the weather is good.

Paris Metro

Avoid during rush hour though if you don't like crowds.

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Jun 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm Reason: misinformation!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
So the options include walk to terminal 2F (we will be arriving on LH from MXP this coming weekend - which terminal does LH use), or use the CDGVAL train from our terminal building, and stop at terminal 3?

When we arrive from YYZ on AC later in July, at which terminal building we will disembark?
LH T1, AC T2A.
http://www.easycdg.com/pages/airlines_directorypag.html
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Even more convenient, there are metro stations near the hotel that are great for getting to a number of places, including downtown, e.g. Franklin D Roosevelt Station--we walked most places from the hotel (up to about 16 km per day), not that far, especially enjoyable when the weather is good.

Paris Metro

Avoid during rush hour though if you don't like crowds.
Not really-the Hilton at CDG airport is about 20 miles from the Franklin Roosevelt metro station.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Not really-the Hilton at CDG airport is about 20 miles from the Franklin Roosevelt metro station.
I think BB was confusing Hilton CDG with the Hilton Arc de Triomphe.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
What are the options for transportation (outside of a rented car or taxi) between this hotel and downtown Paris?
I've taken Roissy Bus to Hilton CDG, get off at the very last stop (I think it is called Roissypole station). The bus terminal station is next to the Hilton CDG, probably 3 min walk to get into the hotel. I assume you can just do the opposite.

Roissy bus will take you to Opera, that's a good option if it is convenient for your final destination. It's about 50 min. ride, cost 9.40 Euro.

Or you can either take the hotel's shuttle bus or CDGVAL to terminal. You have options for RER train or Air France bus (stop at E'toile and near ADT) for public transit (also you can catch Roissy Bus at terminal too). You may want to check which choice is the best based on time of the day, how many luggages you have, cost, and which is the most convenient for your final destination.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Question

Just did a forced Diamond revenue reservation at this property for a one nighter at the end of the month. It is booked solid, although less than 10% over since DD was willing to book me despite no rooms available online, but what exactly is going on here at the end of the month? I am paying €300+ for a regular room!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Anyone know the easiest way to transport to the Le Bourget airport (to the Musée + Espace)? It looks like a run south on the Autoroute du Nord, but how about public transport? Merci!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.