Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2007, 7:54 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Recent (Jan-Feb) revenue and award stays at the CDG Hilton:
- always upgraded to the Executive floor
- always given access to the Executive lounge
- always given the option of having free breakfast on the ground floor, even on award stays and on revenue stays when breakfast was not included in the fare

^

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 3, 2007 at 11:17 am
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:32 am

As Diamond, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor. The staff was very helpful. the lobby has a display of several aircraft models, including a superb AIr France Constellation on a 50s Globe base. They went out of their way to arrange Fedex shipping to the US.

It's true that the area around the airport isn't particulalry interesting, but the hotel is a block away from the RERl and even after RER hours, there is a night bus that shuttles between rue de Rivoli and the hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
.. and they do have very good real French champagne :-) .... all you can drink ...
it really is a great lounge/hotel ..
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by krausolany
.. and they do have very good real French champagne :-) .... all you can drink ...
it really is a great lounge/hotel ..
That comment has swung it, completely
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I stayed there one night last September and had a great stay. I had a nice upgrade to a large executive room with a huge bathroom and great walk-in shower. The lounge was very nice and had a good selection for breakfast. I'd definitely stay there again, especially for a last night in the Paris area before flying home from CDG the next morning.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there free wifi anywhere in the hotel?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Question What's up with Hilton Charles de Gaulle, starting Feb. 09?

I've been looking into room availability for the Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport. Until the end of January 2009, a variety of rooms and prices are available; starting February 2009 (and continuing for at least the next few months ), only Junior Suites at 450+ euro show. Of course, no award availability either. I called the Diamond Desk, and all they say is that regular rooms are not available for one or two particular dates in February that I provided them with. Does anyone have any inside scoop on this? In light of the Paris Hilton sale there may be other changes for Hilton France.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
No special info yet. I just hope that Hilton is not starting to leave France after Hilton suffren Paris (see other thread), Cannes Noga Hilton and apparently also Hilton Strasbourg to follow soon. Hilton also left Geneva Switzerland last year
Any information is welcome

Geilux
Old Jul 11, 2008, 4:14 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
It would be a pity if that hotel were to leave the Hilton group as it is one of my favorite airport hotels, i just love the exec lounge where you can have breakfast while surfing FT and watching aircraft taxi by (and Concorde of course).

When AF botches up my connection I always ask for the Hilton instead of the Pullman or whatever.

UTA
Old Dec 8, 2008, 11:10 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I was wondering if anyone could share some recent experiences at this property, i.e. the current condition of the Executive Lounge (service/offerings) and any recent experiences with room upgrades for Diamond? Do they still offer a choice of restaurant breakfast?
Old Dec 9, 2008, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I was wondering if anyone could share some recent experiences at this property, i.e. the current condition of the Executive Lounge (service/offerings) and any recent experiences with room upgrades for Diamond? Do they still offer a choice of restaurant breakfast?
Yes, would like to know also.

Returning from a family reunion in Dublin, planning on overnighting at CDG for early flight to US. All reviews on the place look good (as well as the rate -- I think it's still E103 advanced purchase), but I'm wondering if the 'new rules' for Diamonds will affect ug/lounge access/etc.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigLar
Yes, would like to know also.

Returning from a family reunion in Dublin, planning on overnighting at CDG for early flight to US. All reviews on the place look good (as well as the rate -- I think it's still E103 advanced purchase), but I'm wondering if the 'new rules' for Diamonds will affect ug/lounge access/etc.
Was here back in May and again in Aug, as I too arrived into CDG after the last flight on my Carrier had already departed

Aug was after the new system was in place, as a Plat (BTW it was on pts) I was told at check-in welcome Mr Craz i see you are a Diamond so let me Upgrade you, then he saw I had chosen the 1000pts so no Upgrade,I really didnt need it. He did make a pt to let me know my key was coded so that I could access the Lounge^^. seems this Hotel offers access no matter what they said to Diamonds (dont know if they will to Golds as well)

cant tell ya if they are still doing so, but I can tell you I got my 1000pts , No Upgrade and did have Lounge Access

having been upgraded back in May the room I had in Aug was slightly smaller then the Upgraded room in May. if I wa sto go back tonight I still would take the 1000 pts as long as I can get Lounge access anyway
Old Dec 9, 2008, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, craz. Just what I wanted to know.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:16 am
Suspended

Can I purchase a day pass to the fitness center at the airport Hilton? I have a meeting with a colleague and want to have a swim and workout before a long haul. If not, any hotels near the airport offer this?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:08 pm

CDG Hilton Off Site Dining Options

What are the off-site dining options for the CDG Hilton? Anything within walking distance? We usually stay at the Marriott and there are a few small decent restaurants in the area, but looking at the map, I don't see much for the Hilton.

Alternatively, any recommendations on the on-site dining? Looking for something casual and non-pretentious. The trip is for my parents who are connecting at CDG, so going to town is not an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.