Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Great White North
Thanks for the tip Westcoaster. I've used park and fly at the Southcenter Doubletree before but they seemed to discontinue them at some point. I just checked and found that they're back and I'll save $100 by staying there prior to my trip to Orlando this fall as opposed to the airport Doubletree.
I do love a happy ending.

Edited to add: For those who haven't stayed at the DT Guest Suites they offer a free full breakfast buffet to Golds/Diamonds, unlike the DT at the airport. They're further from the airport, of course. Depends on your priorities.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jun 8, 2007 at 12:53 pm Reason: add info
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:41 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The Holiday Inn Express on the same block as the Hampton is actually slightly nicer, and usually costs about the same, or slightly less.
Much thanks, I saw this post, and stayed there last week. Had my Priority Club card. Nicer than the Best Western and Hampton!
Still prefer the Doubletree when I can get a decent rate, but this is now my back-up!
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Have stayed here for a year and a half until a few days back. Hadn't realised the hot breakfast bufffet for elites was a thing of the past. I also noted that airport parking is only by valet these days. Also, new parking barriers and ticket machines are being installed so it would seem that free guest parking will be a thing of the past.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Have stayed here for a year and a half until a few days back. Hadn't realised the hot breakfast bufffet for elites was a thing of the past.
I got "stung" on this recently myself. The cert says "$10 off for food anywhere (including espresso stand) or 'free Continental (sic) breakfast' inc tax and gratuities'." There seemed to be no Continental/cold option avail at a lower price - just a $14 hot one; so I had the hot buffet and left the coupon as payment. Folio posted with $6.05 food charge added.

I'd stay there again, but use the cert for the espresso stand instead - or take the 1000 points. The buffet is actually mediocre (at best).
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Doubletree Hotel @ SeaTac: Rooms with good views of the airport?

This is the old Red Lion Hotel across the highway from SEA. Does this property afford decent views of airport/aircraft? It's about the tallest airport-area hotel I can think of. Will be in town for 1 1/2 days on an MR, and want to be sure to have the best airport views possible.

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by gsupstate
This is the old Red Lion Hotel across the highway from SEA. Does this property afford decent views of airport/aircraft? It's about the tallest airport-area hotel I can think of. Will be in town for 1 1/2 days on an MR, and want to be sure to have the best airport views possible.

Thanks!
Yes. You need a tower room facing West. All other rooms will have no view of the planes.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Will move this from The West forum to the Hilton forum, where it can receive the good counsel of the HHonors hotels mavens there.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Jan 19, 2008, 10:18 pm

Doubletree SEATAC

Just completed a stay at the Doubletree SEATAC. While there may be some views of the planes, you should be warned that the place is gigantic and it is quite a haul up and down stairs or elevators to many of the rooms. Also, the hallways and certainly the elevators are not heated, which is not too nice during sub freezing weather. I also found the staff less than friendly...
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Perhaps you can see something if you are in a tower room facing west, I do not recall. If so, that would mean about 1% of the rooms have some sort of view of planes on the ground. Does the Marriott work better for a view?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 7:37 pm

View from the West rooms

Well, took my wife for a night out including the Doubletree Seatac, requested a room with an airport view and was given a room about 2/3 of the way up. Called the front desk to ask for a higher room, as nothing was visible but the planes already airborn. Was told the top-floor rooms were double the price. Yikes! So we settled for the 2/3 up room and watched for awhile.

We looks at other hotels for a better view but found none. The Holiday Inn used to have a lounge on their top floor with a partial view but it's no longer a lounge. This airport sits high above surrounding terrain and I doubt there is a good view of any runway. Guess we'll be trucking it to PDX, where there IS a great view fro nearby hotels up high.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I stayed here last night and a few times in the past and I really like this property. It isn't luxurious, but is good for an airport hotel and the staff is excellent with Gold/Diamond in my opinion.

They give you a $10 coupon which can be used for the continental breakfast, but can also be used for any meal, including room service.

I was also given a very nice suite. It was a bit older, but the place was huge. I would estimate it at 750sq ft, maybe more. It had two bathrooms, walk in shower with 4 jets, hot tub, dining area, etc. Of course, I was only there on an overnight stay for an early flight in the morning, but its the thought that counts

They've added free internet in the public areas as well/
Old May 8, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Boardroom, HH Diamond, National Executive
Stayed at the DT Seatac for five days.

I booked best rate King Room standard, and I was upgraded through OLCI to the tower which had the larger King rooms with deck and sitting area. I asked if any other upgrades were available and they said suites at $50.00 more per day. I said nahh. But, the tower room, corner King has the best space and view.

Had the airport view with the mountains in the background. None of the rooms have wireless, but they do have data ports for hourly/daily/weekly rental. There is free wireless in the lobby and lounge.

Gold/Diamond get $10.00 anywhere vouchers for food/drinks. I used them at the espresso bar and the lounge for sandwiches. No lounge at the property (ironically the largest Doubletree in the world). It's a huge place, the tower is the place to stay, IMO, there are rooms off to the west side of the property with little lake suites and rooms with a deck, all the rest are standard rooms with King or Doubles with views of the building or parking lot and are noisier.

Used the fitness room with all new Precor stuff and decent weight area and it's a large space. The pool and spa are outdoors but the pool was used by alot of people when I was there even though it was 55 and raining.

Walking distance to the coolest dive bar on the west coast, 13 Coins, check it out. I ate there twice. Also, there is a decent barbecue place across the street.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PDXOutbound
Stayed at the DT Seatac for five days.

Gold/Diamond get $10.00 anywhere vouchers for food/drinks.
Anyone had experience getting these vouchers as a Diamond on a Priceline stay? I know it's not normal practice, but some hotels are more lenient than others.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone had experience getting these vouchers as a Diamond on a Priceline stay? I know it's not normal practice, but some hotels are more lenient than others.
I've been able to get an upgrade to a better room (i.e., one thats not 1/2 mile away) but that's about it. But I guess you can't complain when you only pay $40 a night.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle
I've been able to get an upgrade to a better room (i.e., one thats not 1/2 mile away) but that's about it. But I guess you can't complain when you only pay $40 a night.
I know Im trying to decide should I drop 20,000 points on the Hampton Inn and get a few thousand points with the current HiltonHHonors promo back or just pay the $50 or so (with taxes) to stay at the Doubletree and lose out on the promo points...hmmm?? thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.