Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Any recent experiences @ the Seattle SeaTac Doubletree?

I have a stay there next week and I am very apprehensive about it based on tripadvisor reviews....wondered if anyone has stayed there recently and can shed some light on the state of this property.....
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I might suggest the nearby Homewood Suites. Newly renovated and very nice accomodations. I stayed there for a week earlier in the month and was quite please.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Hopefully someone with more recent experience will post, but just FYI I've been using other airport properties since my last stay at the DT several months ago. There was a lot of noise from their club on the 14th floor on weekend nights plus they had raised the price of their breakfast buffet to the point where the Gold/Diamond coupon didn't cover it anymore. And the buffet wasn't that great to begin with. Their room prices have gone up substantially and I just can't justify staying there when, for example, the SEA HI is generally cheaper and does a better job of giving me what I want.

Actually my biggest concern is that management doesn't seem to care. I spoke with their food manager who assured me that he would call me back; of course he never did. And I e-mailed the general manager but didn't receive any response.

All that said, you just might have a fine stay. They upgraded me many times to suites as a Diamond and their front desk staff has generally been great.

I'll have to wander over to tripadvisor and see what they have to say about the place.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Mar 24, 2005 at 6:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:41 am

My problem is that for the first time after doing some minimal research tried Priceline. I read a forum where the majority of the *** star bids were getting the Sea Tac Hilton. I gambled and lost and got the Doubletree. It only cost me $45 and I am trying to decide if it is worth the one night there and be treated like a 2nd class citizen and put up with the "soggy carpets" ( that is what really scares me) or just blow it off and stay some where else for the night......
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:05 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by david4455
My problem is that for the first time after doing some minimal research tried Priceline. I read a forum where the majority of the *** star bids were getting the Sea Tac Hilton. I gambled and lost and got the Doubletree. It only cost me $45 and I am trying to decide if it is worth the one night there and be treated like a 2nd class citizen and put up with the "soggy carpets" ( that is what really scares me) or just blow it off and stay some where else for the night......
I've stayed at the SeaTac Doubletree fairly often over the past few years on Priceline stays. They haven't treated my like a 2nd class citizen at all, and I haven't had a bad experience yet - nothing spectacular, fairly standard rooms and the food tends to be expensive, but no horror stories. For $45 I'd go ahead and give it a try.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:28 am

We've stayed there several times recently as Diamonds, always in the tower section. There is no Executive Lounge, but they do give us $10. certificates good for food or drink. (we each get one certificate per day) Rates have always seemed reasonable. ....the place is ok.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:22 pm

stayed there last night which happened to be during norwestcon. i walked in and a guy jumped out with a sword and said "stand fast, nave!". for once in my life i didn't have anything clever to say and was like "is this the doubletree?". there were hundreds of people dressed as either goths or klingons or the cast of robin hood men in tights. i honestly didn't know what to say when i got to the front desk to check in.

i got upgraded to the tower (10th floor) in a fairly decent room. however, it is much much louder than getting a normal room in one of the wings when the red eyes start taking off from 11-1.

edit: i wasn't going to norwestcon btw
Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
stayed there last night which happened to be during norwestcon. i walked in and a guy jumped out with a sword and said "stand fast, nave!". for once in my life i didn't have anything clever to say and was like "is this the doubletree?". there were hundreds of people dressed as either goths or klingons or the cast of robin hood men in tights. i honestly didn't know what to say when i got to the front desk to check in.

i got upgraded to the tower (10th floor) in a fairly decent room. however, it is much much louder than getting a normal room in one of the wings when the red eyes start taking off from 11-1.

edit: i wasn't going to norwestcon btw
I hope they will be gone by next Friday.....
Old Mar 25, 2005, 8:43 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Sea Tac Double tree

The winning priceline bid has been $36 for me about the last 5 times. It's not great, but the shuttle works, and depending on who's at the desk I've got stay credit and buffet coupon as a gold. I'll go there again, but I don't need fancy.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:05 pm

Programs: Starwood Corporate Pref, HH BLUE
DT SeaTac

I stayed there last December for one night. Was upgraded to a Tower Corner Room (11th floor I believe). Room was huge, decorated very nicely. Carpet had some stains but that was ok. Checkin was simple. The Hardest part was trying to find the elevator for the tower. Ordered room service which took around 1 hour for a simple desert. All in all it was a good deal. Stayed using a corporate rate for 79.99 a night.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:39 pm

If you had to choose between the DT, the Hilton, the HW Suites, or the HGI in Renton (we do want to stay near SEA), which would you pick? The weekend rates are all pretty similar (around $89 refundable, or $80 net direct at the Hilton and DT). We do care about having a quiet room, and possibly a courtesy car to SEA (seems like the HW Suites doesn't have one). How is the Hilton at SEA?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 8:32 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I stayed at the Hilton last week. Nice room on the HH floor, very pleasant staff.

Heard a couple of planes, but I'd have to say the place was quiet. The bellman will drive you to the airport on demand. Takes three or four minutes.

BTW, the restaurant - Spensers was first rate (pricey though).

I'll probably be back again in the next seven or eight days.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:18 pm

Sorry to bump this back up to the top, but does anyone know if this DoubleTree has free wifi or wired ethernet access? I've got a stay coming up in a few weeks and I hate to pay for Internet access on principle. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 5:41 pm

Bump? It's not a big deal about free 'net, but I'm sorta addicted to FT, and without 'net, I'll be away 4+ days cold turkey.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Too bad no one has responded. I don't stay at this property anymore so my most recent stay isn't all that recent.

At the risk of sounding boring, you could call the hotel and ask -- and hope that the front desk person you speak with is helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.