Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Really? My one experience there for breakfast bordered on pathetic.
I don't know about breakfasts as we only stay there to catch early flights out.... but dinners are outstanding....I think better than the Met.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:28 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've stayed at the Doubletree twice recently. If you book more than 2 weeks in advance, you can get a rate that is at most $20 more than the nearby Hampton Inn (which I've stayed in dozens of times, but am now very dissatisfied with it.) As Diamond, have had rooms on the HHonors floor (10th), which has nice views. Really do like the place. Outdoor pool, but heated, so great in most weather. Restaurant and lounge areas are nice. (No Executive lounge).
Old Jun 6, 2007, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by FourWheels
-- Not impressed by their restaurant. I usually spend my $10 amenity on cookies to go.
The DT gives elites a coupon for either breakfast (including gratuity), or towards any other food sales. I'd recommend coffee and pastries from the coffee stand.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:17 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Get it on Priceline

It usually gets accepted at $38-42. As a HH gold I've got the cookie and with a smile the breakfast coupons and even occasionally stay credit. Bus 192 or 192A right out the front is express to downtown for $2.25 I think.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
If you stay at the DT SEA, and a light sleeper, bring your earplugs. The windows and sliding glass doors in the tower might as well not be there from a noise perspective. I hope the upgrades to the property include some kind of sound attenuation.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ingy
It usually gets accepted at $38-42. As a HH gold I've got the cookie and with a smile the breakfast coupons and even occasionally stay credit. Bus 192 or 192A right out the front is express to downtown for $2.25 I think.
That's metrobus #194: $2.00 weekday peak* (6 - 9am & 3 - 6pm) or $1.25 off-peak. Roughly 6:30am - 8:30pm Mon - Sat (7pm Sun/Hol). Outbound stop from Airport to hotel is across 188th Street just after the bus turns left at the light.
The #174 also goes downtown, making frequent stops in Tukwila and the south side of Seattle. Roughly 5am - 2am Daily. Outbound stop is diagonally "beyond" the hotel across 188th.
Each route runs about every 30 mins. If you have little or no carryon, it is easier outbound to get off at the airport, proceed left (as you exit the bus) away from the terminal, cross Intl Blvd at the light, and walk to the end of the block (to the right). It can take a long time for the bus to unload/reload, and crossing Intl Blvd at the airport exit on foot is easier (I think) than further down.
* $1.50 peak between hotel and airport only.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 9:27 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Zip
...the nearby Hampton Inn (which I've stayed in dozens of times, but am now very dissatisfied with it.)
What's wrong with the HI ? I'm there next week
Old Jun 7, 2007, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That Hampton Inn is my #1 mattress run property, so I'm fairly familiar with it. Based on others I've stayed it, I suppose one could say it's slightly tired, but far from decrepit; the staff are very friendly. No reason to actively dislike the place as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 3:30 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
What's wrong with the HI ? I'm there next week
I've posted on this couple months ago. You should be OK.
My problem was than after being there quite a few times, I ran into a streak of problems, none of which "qualified" under the 100% satisfaction guarantee. The last episode was arriving late at night to a very dirth bathroom, especially the toilet. No-one there to come and check on it.

Now, I either stay at the DT, or for last minute stays, the Best Western farther down the street (step below the Hampton, but clean and secure).
Old Jun 7, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Park and Fly

I've stayed at the Doubletree Seatac numerous times simply because they are the only airport hotel that seems to offer a park and fly rate. Compared with the cost of airport parking, the room doesn't cost that much...

I know there are cheaper parking lots around the hotel, but last thing I want to worry about when I have an early flight is getting up an extra half hour early so I can drive from the hotel to the parking lot, get checked in and get over to the terminal.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zip
I've posted on this couple months ago. You should be OK.
My problem was than after being there quite a few times, I ran into a streak of problems, none of which "qualified" under the 100% satisfaction guarantee. The last episode was arriving late at night to a very dirth bathroom, especially the toilet. No-one there to come and check on it.

Now, I either stay at the DT, or for last minute stays, the Best Western farther down the street (step below the Hampton, but clean and secure).
The Holiday Inn Express on the same block as the Hampton is actually slightly nicer, and usually costs about the same, or slightly less.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Great White North
I've stayed at the Doubletree Seatac numerous times simply because they are the only airport hotel that seems to offer a park and fly rate...
Just FYI, the Doubletree Guest Suites at Southcenter has park and fly rates. Also, the HI discussed above has park and fly from October through April.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The Holiday Inn Express on the same block as the Hampton is actually slightly nicer, and usually costs about the same, or slightly less.
Unfortunately the Holiday Inn Express at SeaTac doesn't give Hilton HHonors points, at least they didn't the last time I stayed there.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Just FYI, the Doubletree Guest Suites at Southcenter has park and fly rates. Also, the HI discussed above has park and fly from October through April.
Thanks for the tip Westcoaster. I've used park and fly at the Southcenter Doubletree before but they seemed to discontinue them at some point. I just checked and found that they're back and I'll save $100 by staying there prior to my trip to Orlando this fall as opposed to the airport Doubletree.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
Unfortunately the Holiday Inn Express at SeaTac doesn't give Hilton HHonors points, at least they didn't the last time I stayed there.
Neither does your backup Best Western.

Priority Club does give airline miles as an option; I miss double-dipping at other chains, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.